Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm disappointed this needs clarification...
    The Natural Rights of Man descend from Almighty God,
    Man is responsible for individual conduct with respect to the wellbeing of others, not the will of others.
    ("Man" is defined as an mentally individual, physically autonomous human being.)
    The State is established by the consent of the governed,
    It's purpose is the will of the governed,
    with respect to that will, and not the wellbeing of the individual.

Thus the purpose of the State in all modern forms is at odds with the purpose of Man as an individual.
    One has but to observe society, reality by it's very nature is not hidden.
    Truth is written on the hearts of men.

Many simply choose the easy route, discard their responsibility, and become a drone of society.
    Oh no. Your perspective needs no clarification. I’m sure everyone knows what the Christian point of view is regarding rights.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there an alternative view that has survived?
    Sure. Natural rights don’t require the existence of god. But the origin of natural rights is neither here nor there. According to many of our founders, and the philosophers who inspired their beliefs, the purpose of government is to protect the rights of its constituents. America failed often with that charter. Your post recited the idealistic mantra of Patriots. My post was about those historical human failures. Yes, people fled religious persecution in Europe to come here and worship as they pleased. And then they set up their own religious rules here and persecuted people here who did not comply.

And even after our constitution was formed, many states had set up their own state religions. History is full of examples where people have failed to uphold their own supposed values.

Your post sounded Patriotic enough to have been lifted from many founders. It’s just not how things worked out in real life. The US has been better than most countries in history at protecting citizens’ rights, but not all citizens. And not just the rights of ethnic groups and women who were historically neglected. Laws and law enforcement has always protected the rights of the “haves” over the rights of the “havenots”. Workers were shat on by rich few during the early industrial age, which led to unions, and then the inevitable corruption of unions.

There has always been people taking advantage of people. It still happens today. We haven’t overriden that part of our programming. It has evolutionary benefits so I doubt humans can override it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It appears he is equating awareness of Biden's track record with awareness of the 2020 Biden platform.
    It would appear Miracle Joe's record hasn't changed in, let's see ... 26 years

“When I was a senator,” Biden said, “I took on the @NRA and secured a 10-year-ban on assault weapons—and as president, I’ll ban these weapons again.”

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Funny, I know Christians who are very righteous, and then cast their vote for somebody decided not so. I guess one votes according to the totality of ones beliefs, and not simply cherry pick. :dunno:
    Where did I state I was a Christian or that I cast a vote for Trump?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, no. Ya'll keep saying that, but haven't provided anything substantive that a court is willing to take up seriously. So as it is, right now, the election IS legitimate until proven otherwise.
    Should we assume that you also believe that Dredd Scott was decided correctly because he lost all of his court cases at all levels? That politics had nothing to do with those decisions? That he hadn't provided anything substantive that a court was willing to take seriously?

You have a suspiciously high opinion of the judgement of men, at least when it goes your way

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Funny, I know Christians who are very righteous, and then cast their vote for somebody decided not so. I guess one votes according to the totality of ones beliefs, and not simply cherry pick. :dunno:
    OK, if you are going to go there, how do you justify criticizing such people for supporting the reprobate who is going to be more supportive of their rights regarding religion as well as 2A rather than the reprobate who is going to **** them over unmercifully?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Should we assume that you also believe that Dredd Scott was decided correctly because he lost all of his court cases at all levels? That politics had nothing to do with those decisions? That he hadn't provided anything substantive that a court was willing to take seriously?

You have a suspiciously high opinion of the judgement of men, at least when it goes your way
    I would say his opinion is high regarding only one man.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Those points are all legit, but they don’t do much to show that the case is objectively solid and that all those judges are biased.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I've voted for him twice while in ignorance of what he is.
    If the 22nd Amendment gets squared away I'll vote for him again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've voted for him twice while in ignorance of what he is.
    If the 22nd Amendment gets squared away I'll vote for him again.
    You can vote for him again without anything being done with the 22nd amendment.

I’m really missing that head scratch emoji.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Those points are all legit, but they don’t do much to show that the case is objectively solid and that all those judges are biased.
    Just trying to establish whether Kut believes that courts, even the highest ones, sometimes rule according to what's expedient rather than what is right

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Should we assume that you also believe that Dredd Scott was decided correctly because he lost all of his court cases at all levels?

Per the law and the Constitution at the time, yes Dred Scott was decided correctly. IMO and the opinion of Constitutional lawyers I've read.
    Just trying to establish whether Kut believes that courts, even the highest ones, sometimes rule according to what's expedient rather than what is right

Wait, are you for judges ruling according to what is "right" or according to law? Isn't ruling according to what is "right" at least in the eyes of the judge considered judicial activism and frowned upon?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Per the law and the Constitution at the time, yes Dred Scott was decided correctly. IMO and the opinion of Constitutional lawyers I've read.

Wait, are you for judges ruling according to what is "right" or according to law? Isn't ruling according to what is "right" at least in the eyes of the judge considered judicial activism and frowned upon?

The conservatives have been awakened no matter of those that want to try to use their principles against them. 70% support Trump and his plans vs republicans. They understand a coup is taking place. The system has failed them, the elections people, the courts, the legislatures. If you are sitting around thinking this will go like always you are in for a shock.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The conservatives have been awakened no matter of those that want to try to use their principles against them. 70% support Trump and his plans vs republicans. They understand a coup is taking place. The system has failed them, the elections people, the courts, the legislatures. If you are sitting around thinking this will go like always you are in for a shock.
    And none of that address my post. And to call Trump supporters as a group "conservative", well... So to ask my question again, are you in favor of judges "doing what's right" or following law and precedent?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom