So Just asking for a Friend, what age is old Now a days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Been at it all day Thursday, all Night and part of Friday in the field trying to get everything in before the rain hit. We usually have a couple of High School Kids help with the small square bales. Thinking $20.00 an hour is not bad compensation. One of my wife’s FFA kids was helping out and told me damn I am tired and worn out and how is it your old and still going a 100 miles an hour?

I don’t know whether to be happy or offended.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My uncle is 84 years old.
    He still hunts deer, though he can't drag them up the hill by himself anymore

He walks 3-5 miles a day, usually before breakfast.
    Last year he was swinging on cut grapevines that we have on the property.
    He grabbed hold of one, ran and jumped out over a ravine that had to be 30' deep, and swing back to his starting point.
    When he landed he was grinning like a 5 year old.
    The man is sharp as a tack, having retired as a CPA for a good size business in Lafayette, it's obvious he's not yet in cognitive decline.

I am enjoying a robust relationship with my uncle which has grown exponentially since my father's passing.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am old, multiple heart attacks, asthma and arthritis. I hired a couple of college men who were athletes to help wheel borrow and spread a load of pulverized black dirt, the light stuff. SIngle axle dump, not even a big truck.

I am not a slave master, but these big, healthy boys were taking 10 minute breaks after 10 minutes of slow paced work. Two hours in, neither one was keeping up with my wife, who is old also. She was not keeping up with me. They quit 4 hours in. My wife and I finished in 3 more hours. We are talking suburban landscape job, not digging a septic system in clay. Pretty disappointing

I guess 20 and everything older than that is geriatric. They exhibited no stamina. Maybe they think they are too good to do the work they signed up to perform. They were sure willing to take the money.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am old, multiple heart attacks, asthma and arthritis. I hired a couple of college men who were athletes to help wheel borrow and spread a load of pulverized black dirt, the light stuff. SIngle axle dump, not even a big truck.

I am not a slave master, but these big, healthy boys were taking 10 minute breaks after 10 minutes of slow paced work. Two hours in, neither one was keeping up with my wife, who is old also. She was not keeping up with me. They quit 4 hours in. My wife and I finished in 3 more hours. We are talking suburban landscape job, not digging a septic system in clay. Pretty disappointing

I guess 20 and everything older than that is geriatric. They exhibited no stamina. Maybe they think they are too good to do the work they signed up to perform. They were sure willing to take the money.
    I think upbringing plays a huge role in work ethic and the desire to get it done. Age perhaps not so much.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Guess there is a lot to be said for working hard and living right. Who knows I may get old someday and have a lot to look back on and be thankful for.
    I hope to live at LEAST another 40 years, but that's probably not in the cards.
    If I died tomorrow I feel I have lived a full life.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My uncle is 84 years old.
    He still hunts deer, though he can't drag them up the hill by himself anymore

He walks 3-5 miles a day, usually before breakfast.
    Last year he was swinging on cut grapevines that we have on the property.
    He grabbed hold of one, ran and jumped out over a ravine that had to be 30' deep, and swing back to his starting point.
    When he landed he was grinning like a 5 year old.
    The man is sharp as a tack, having retired as a CPA for a good size business in Lafayette, it's obvious he's not yet in cognitive decline.

I am enjoying a robust relationship with my uncle which has grown exponentially since my father's passing.
    I know a President that could use some guidance if you uncle is available.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just a little perspective...

The guy who sang the words, "Things they do look awful cold... I hope I die before I get old..." at age 21, is now 79.

I think about some of the Vietnam Vet Senior NCOs who I worked for when I was a young troop in the USAF... one I remember was so old when he retired in 1988... he was 44. I was 42 when I retired and that was 16 years ago.

I was a lot younger 16 years ago. If you weren't a lot younger 16 years ago? Then you are OLD!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I know some folks whom have been around for many years.

I know some folks whom have not been around for near as many as some others.

I know some old dumbasses.

I know some younger dumbasses.

Through it all, I have been blessed to know some folks filled with wisdom.

Top Bottom