So Just asking for a Friend, what age is old Now a days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That`s just outstanding.
    She was an amazing woman. Her downfall came with the Covid lockdowns. She was always active in her assisted living facility, had friends visit her (and she would visit friends when my sister would take her). When the lockdown occurred (she couldn't leave her room, and nobody could visit), she went downhill quickly. I will never forgive the bastards that instituted that crap.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    She was an amazing woman. Her downfall came with the Covid lockdowns. She was always active in her assisted living facility, had friends visit her (and she would visit friends when my sister would take her). When the lockdown occurred (she couldn't leave her room, and nobody could visit), she went downhill quickly. I will never forgive the bastards that instituted that crap.
    I pray that she was born again. I would guess yes.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    As I get older my thinking has gotten wiser too.

It is not my fault you thought I was normal.

I see no good reason to act my age.

Today I'm doing nothing. I started it yesterday and I'm not done yet and I'm not a quitter.

Built in the 40's, original and unrestored. Some parts still in working order.

I don't mind getting older but my body is taking it badly.

Don't worry about getting older. You still do dumb stuff, just slower.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have changed up from my younger days of doing higher weights with lower reps to lower weights with higher reps. They results have been great for me.
    For the past couple years, I have been doing bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, sit, ups, lunges, and planks. A trainer friend of mine has helped me learn the correct form of these exercises as well as developing a workout plan (number of reps, sets, and rest intervals)

This has worked well for me since I never felt like investing in exercise equipment that is likely to just gather dust like many treadmill’s in basements and garages.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    For the past couple years, I have been doing bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, sit, ups, lunges, and planks. A trainer friend of mine has helped me learn the correct form of these exercises as well as developing a workout plan (number of reps, sets, and rest intervals)

This has worked well for me since I never felt like investing in exercise equipment that is likely to just gather dust like many treadmill’s in basements and garages.
    So am I doing something wrong? My home exercise equipment while nothing fancy some are even thrift store finds require service every so often. But I guess may use their exercise equipment for clothes racks.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So am I doing something wrong? My home exercise equipment while nothing fancy some are even thrift store finds require service every so often. But I guess may use their exercise equipment for clothes racks.
    When you only use them as a coat rack they don't need oiling nearly as often.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'll be 60 next month... Old or not, I'm a lot slower and weaker than I was 15 or so years back. We hire high school kids odten to help with stuff around the house. Sometimes for free. ( they may be earning "government hrs" for school by helping out a disabled veteran) Oh, on the disabled front... getting my truck blown out from under me in Iraq might have something to do with me feeling slower, and weaker these days too... but yeah, I'm old.

But I'm like, "cool old" you know.
    As in I grew up with muscle cars and all the great rock bands.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'll be 60 next month... Old or not, I'm a lot slower and weaker than I was 15 or so years back. We hire high school kids odten to help with stuff around the house. Sometimes for free. ( they may be earning "government hrs" for school by helping out a disabled veteran) Oh, on the disabled front... getting my truck blown out from under me in Iraq might have something to do with me feeling slower, and weaker these days too... but yeah, I'm old.

But I'm like, "cool old" you know.
    As in I grew up with muscle cars and all the great rock bands.

Yup!

Top Bottom