• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb8521

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2022
    Woodburn
    Normally I tell people to check gun broker, register for a account, then look at completed auctions, then look for the same picture auctions and throw those out (those are the guys who think their stuff is made of gold), in this instance (the 360j) there’s a guy asking 1100 and it’s been listed a few times

But it looks like it’s been selling at about 575 to 600 bucks, but remember that “j” after the serial number only means something to a limited market!…me personally I don’t collect police guns, but someone who does might give you the 575-600, but in a person to person transaction I’d say 350 tops, and 200 from a dealer is about what you should expect
    Thank you

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I recently sold my 360J to a local (Indy area) gun store for $350. I bought it brand new for $425 about 5 or 6 years ago from a separate dealer.

My understanding was that Smith and Wesson made these custom for the Japanese police. Apparently they were over produced and the rest hit the civilian market in limited numbers. I've read mixed notes on whether these were worked over by the custom shop or not. Mine had a VERY light single action trigger and double action was reasonable, so I did wonder myself if it was better than a stock J Frame setup. My understanding is that the choice to go with 38 special over 357 was for public optics.

Anyway - my gun looked just like your guns as well. I don't remember ever seeing the J marking but I unfortunately don't have the gun to confirm for you.

I AM NOT looking to sell either of these guns or get around the post count to be allowed to sell even if I had the post count these ARE NOT FOR SALE I am just looking for information on these guns!! I’ve looked several places and I am just trying to find out any info I can on it NOT FOR SALE!! From what I’ve looked up the smith and Wesson model 360 j where made for Japanese police but my model does not have the j after the model just 360 I can’t seem to find them anywhere at all neither can I find the 357 which I have as well that is also NOT FOR SALE!! I’m just looking to get as much information about the two guns as I can

Top Bottom