• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bull

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Jennings County
    I was wondering if anyone could suggest a stock kit to redo my sks. I have saw a few different ones online but not sure which is best.
    Thanks

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    What type are you looking for? I think this bullpup looks cool, but don't really know much about it:

Shernic Gun Works

Been there and done that. All I can say is I no longer have the SGW Bullpup stock. Yes it is fun to shoot but the downsides in my mind out weight the cool factor.

1) A TON of screws and crap to hold the thing together.
    2) Trigger is hard to get 100% reliability out of it and takes a TON of adjusting to get it "Just Right".
    3) Once the trigger is "Just Right" it is long, sloppy, and spungy.
    4) Origional sights no longer usable and the sights you will be using are sitting on a bolted together piece of plastic not really connected to the gun but more wrapped around it with oh yah a TON of screws.

So like a said depends on what you are looking for......it has the cool, WOW, fun factor but with the accuracy you can get from the SKS I feel it is better served on something that brings that out instead of taking it away.

just my :twocents:

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    I bought a Russian SKS in the nineties, (guess I should've bought more than one). I decided to replace the original stock with a synthetic monte carlo style stock. It did lengthen the LOP and I thought it looked cool. A couple of years ago I realized the error of my ways and decided to put the original stock back on. Unfortunately I could only find the handguard. So I searched many a gun show until I came up with another original. It needed refinished and in order to match I did both the stock and handguard. I stained it with Minwax Sedona Red, which I think looks good, this pic may not do it justice. Moral of the story I guess is to be sure you keep the original parts regardless of what you do, good luck.
    SKS.jpg

Last edited:

Bull

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Jennings County
    I like the Bullpup looks but I am leaning towards this
    SKS Tapco T6 Adjustable Stock Fusion T6

has anyone had on of these and had any trouble with it?
    Thanks

ps nice looking sks Mister K

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    The bullpup sure does look good too. I have a friend that bought one of those Red Jacket bullpup kits for a 10/22. Looks great but has the same issues with the trigger.

Top Bottom