• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    You guessed it. Everything has just stopped moving. Same with the Minnesota and Vegas distribution centers.
    Let me guess - It is sitting at the Louisville Distribution Center. I had a package from Midway sent priority mail on Nov. 24th. It was accepted at the Louisville Dist. center on the 27th and just made it to the Henryville post office yesterday. It sat in Louisville for 11 days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've always been in favor of stopping Saturday delivery as a cost cutting measure, but as of late I've noticed that the USPS has done the opposite and added Sunday delivery.

No. They are contracted by Amazon to deliver ONLY Amazon packages on Sunday. Mail isnt running Sunday. No different than your mailman hopping in one of those fancy new Amazon Sprinter trucks.

And knock on wood my ebay DVD is still proceeding slowly through the system. *fingers crossed*

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Whew I was relieved this morning to find my delayed pkg from Missouri which was previously sorted to Muskegon now has movement once again enroute to our destination via Pittsburg. Hey wait a minute did I just say Pittsburg; Jeeesch

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No. They are contracted by Amazon to deliver ONLY Amazon packages on Sunday. Mail isnt running Sunday. No different than your mailman hopping in one of those fancy new Amazon Sprinter trucks.

And knock on wood my ebay DVD is still proceeding slowly through the system. *fingers crossed*

Gotcha. I've stopped using Amazon for many reasons. Primarily because if you aren't a Prime member they intentionally delay shipment.

And today, got a package that left Cbus, OH last night. Things seem ok.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

That's not true. I've had packages delivered by USPS the past 2 sundays and neither order was thru Amazon. They were both gun parts from different retailers

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    That's not true. I've had packages delivered by USPS the past 2 sundays and neither order was thru Amazon. They were both gun parts from different retailers

It is my understanding from our route driver once the Christmas Rush is over, USPS will go back to Amazon Only on Sundays.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It is my understanding from our route driver once the Christmas Rush is over, USPS will go back to Amazon Only on Sundays.

Meant to come back an edit my post but got busy at work. Its definitely a seasonal thing for USPS to deliver packages on Sunday. The whole Amazon/USPS delivery on Sundays year round I know nothing about. I just know once December rolls around any packages that are at the local USPS get delivered on Sunday. Only thing I hate about that is tracking never tells you that

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    Seems to be a common issue. There was a news story in the Louisville paper a few days ago about 10,000s of undelivered pieces of mail that were piled up in the main warehouse. I’d say opt for FedEx or UPS if you have the option for future purchases.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmmm, INGO may be on to something.
    Nothing goes in, nothing comes out.
    https://fox59.com/news/local-busine...-at-usps-distribution-center-in-indianapolis/

This place has had a bad rep from smaller post offices around the state for years. I sold a motorcycle helmet to an INGOer last year. Happily the helmet finally made it to the very patient gent and I didn't have to pay the guy back. It took three weeks to get there, just going across Indiana. It was stuck in the "Indy hub" the whole time.

No tracking, no communications, my local postmaster told me apologetically that there was nothing to be done. She said that stuff hardy ever actually disappears altogether, it just gets stuck there for weeks.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just checked my stuff again. I am now entering day 8 of my USPS package's Vegas Vacation with no movement or update.

After 2 days, I had another package manage to make it all the way from Austin to Lubbock, then take another 2 day rest once it got there.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So I contacted the seller via email because the phone's are busy with customer service. They sent an automated email saying covid19 blah blah will get to you when we can. So now I have to wait to see if they will ship another one out.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Same here, waiting on USPS. Ordered some bullets they shipped next day, last Saturday, on hold in Indianapolis for almost a week. Think the warehouses would full to capacity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That was interesting. Apparently UPS is contracting out small (think shoebox and smaller) packages to contractors. My Ring doorbell went off. So I went down to see a guy sitting in a silver Honda at the street. I wasnt expecting any Amazon today. Odd. So I picked up the package and looked at the label. Its the UPS package I was expecting on Monday. Yep, not Amazon. The tracking number starts with 1Z and isnt a SmartPost order.

If Amazon can do it, I guess UPS figured they could too.

Top Bottom