• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Is anyone else having problems getting items ordered via usps. I have six packages from various sites that appear to just be sitting. No update to tracking in 4 days. All shipped priority. Very frustrating.

Been happening to me for the last 2 weeks. Annoying is an understatement. All my prime packages are on time, but everything else is taking forever!!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    USPS is itself a problem, they have created a monster with job protections. It will only get worse and not improve until there is provisions made for accountability and getting rid of problem personnel from the management level on down.

I can remember that you could mail a bill from the Indy area to Houston, TX and it would be there in 4 days or less, never happen in this day and time.

I just received a priority 3 day mailer today containing a CD I had bought off of EBay November 20th. It sat at the hell hole called the Airport regional sorting facility for 7 days. Took USPS 8 days to move a item I bought from Kohl's DC in Bloomington, IN To Plainfield.

Back in the summer I had a item that was shipped from the San Diego, CA area. It's route was From there to Phoenix AZ, then to Denver Co, then to St. Louis, back to Denver, then back to St. Louis, on to Memphis, TN, Louisville, Cincinnati, Dayton and finally Indpls.

But yet there should be no worries about mail in voting......

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've had a couple packages just sitting. Cancelled one because it had been 10 days with no movement. Got a refund on it. A couple others I was within a day of cancelling, but have finally started to move again.

Wife just got an order of glass that FedEx apparently dropped. $120 worth of glass for her stained glass projects and every piece is broken at least in half.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Overall, I've had good luck with USPS. Occasionally items do end up sitting here and there. I ship with them a ton and the percentage of things that get delayed has actually been really low.

I just got back inside from towing the second Amazon driver out of my yard. :laugh:

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My package's Vegas vacation has finally ended as it has now been moved to Baltimore. It will be enjoying the ocean side air for time TBD. It has been 11 days since it was dropped off to be shipped and it's made it an average of 218 miles/day. If this trend continues, and giving it a day to actually be delivered locally, it should show up on Friday.

We shall see...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got 3 packages that now have no delivery date possible. It's what the tracking is now showing. Supposed to be delivered one on the 7th one on the 11th and one today. All 3 now show this.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My SUV registration is lost in USPS hell somewhere between Plainfield and Winchester. My Plates expire tomorrow. BMV does not care, told me to contact them back after the 21st.:n00b:

I politely reply back, I can still get pulled over because the sticker is not current. She replies back, just show them a printout of your receipt.

She didn't tale to kindly to me telling her that my time is important and getting pulled over puts me in a situation where problems can arise from a unnecessary stop.

Ya, getting pulled over with with out of date tags is never a good thing.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My SUV registration is lost in USPS hell somewhere between Plainfield and Winchester. My Plates expire tomorrow. BMV does not care, told me to contact them back after the 21st.:n00b:

I politely reply back, I can still get pulled over because the sticker is not current. She replies back, just show them a printout of your receipt.

She didn't tale to kindly to me telling her that my time is important and getting pulled over puts me in a situation where problems can arise from a unnecessary stop.

Ya, getting pulled over with with out of date tags is never a good thing.

I had the same issue when my plates expired and I got a slightly more helpful response when I asked about it. The answer was that LEO knows they're behind and will see that you've paid your registration when they run your tag and should not bother you while you're out and about on your travels.

My registration arrived on the day of expiration of the old one, but that was a few months ago. You may be waiting a little longer.

I get your frustration, but there's not much else they can do. You paid, they mailed, now the waiting is all that's left. Since we haven't heard of tons of people getting pulled over for exactly this issue, it's probably not going to be a problem for you.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Gee - I ordered 3 items from Amazon yesterday and they were delivered today.

I've ordered items from Amazon that came out of Hebron, KY on a Monday and been sitting on my porch Tuesday afternoon.

As much as I hate to say this, I think Amazon might be able to take over the USPS and do a better job, at least they hold there logistics people accountable.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    As much as I hate to say this, I think Amazon might be able to take over the USPS and do a better job, at least they hold there logistics people accountable.

It's not like Bezos ever lied to us to sell us his stuff. We asked him to do it. What I'm seeing now is this is way ahead of USPS and we don't have to pay for USPS anymore.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Family member here ordered a new gaming PC and then couple days later RAM from Amazon sold by Amazon last week and they shipped both by USPS. My first reaction was "Oh No..".

But they surprisingly arrived on time; meanwhile I set here wondering about my two long overdue USPS shipments caught up somewhere in the abyss.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got a couple amazon 3rd party packages sitting in various centers just sitting now. One hit the center in St Charles, IL on Monday and hasnt budged all week.

Here is hoping its on a truck headed this way and it just didnt register outbound and will magically check in downtown at our center soon.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Was going to ship 2 CD's I bought for a friend for Christmas today through USPS 1-3 day. They told me the only thing they were guaranteeing was next day, minimum $27.50.

Looked the dude right in the eyes and told him "Screw it, I can drive it from Mooresville to Fort Wayne cheaper than that and be back home in under 5 hours."

He looked at me like I was going to go all Highlander on him, meanwhile the 4 people in line behind me was trying to contain their laughter, 3 of them walked out with me.

They're a broke dis-functioning system with no hope of repair till they are weaned 100% off of Government funds, along with Amtrak also.

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, I had a Amazon order arrive yesterday that I placed Tuesday evening that came from 3 different DCs' that cost me only the Prime monthly membership.

The bad thing about this is, USPS will continue to get worse and public outcry gets to the deafening point and it'll way to late to fix it, heck I think it might be there now.

Top Bottom