• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Mechanix Wear LLC finally accepted UPS agents word that that UPS lost the order and are shipping out another order. I gave them the full script of the chat I had with UPS rep. Had the reps name and contact information at the end of the chat. I guess Mechanix Wear LLC rep finally decided to contact them 11 business days after it was supposed to arrive to find out that hey I didn't lie they actually lost the damn package. Anyway I got a new tracking number from Mechanix Wear LLC shipping UPS again. Oh and Mechanix Wear LLC rep said if the other package shows up sometime to contact them so they can charge me for another pair of gloves. I told her if it is lost I highly doubt I'll get it. It was probably stolen by an employee of UPS.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My SUV registration is lost in USPS hell somewhere between Plainfield and Winchester. My Plates expire tomorrow. BMV does not care, told me to contact them back after the 21st.:n00b:

I politely reply back, I can still get pulled over because the sticker is not current. She replies back, just show them a printout of your receipt.

She didn't tale to kindly to me telling her that my time is important and getting pulled over puts me in a situation where problems can arise from a unnecessary stop.

Ya, getting pulled over with with out of date tags is never a good thing.
    I just put my sticker on my daily driver a month late, as per usual for me, and then noticed I didn't even put last years sticker on. First time on the daily driver, but have gone years before on a work truck or two. I pay for them, then don't get them put on. I've even been stopped (years ago) for seatbelt and he didn't say a thing.
    Don't worry about it.

Back on track, I've seen some small business gun guys on IG (@danhagadesigns for one) begging people to not return stuff just cause they didn't have it as we have become accustomed to.
    The subject's even been memed, Its in God's hands now or something.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just got the notice from Amazon that my $100+ subscribe-and-save order is due to arrive Wed the 23rd via UPS Surepost.

Doesn't give much confidence with the compounding excuses... :xmad:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just got the notice from Amazon that my $100+ subscribe-and-save order is due to arrive Wed the 23rd via UPS Surepost.

Doesn't give much confidence with the compounding excuses... :xmad:

Another way of just saying "Yaaaaaah, we're gonna screw you on that being shipped, you don't need that anytime soon do you?"

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    After 6 days in Baltimore, my package has now made it to Macon Georgia.... ~110 miles a day.

This is 16 days to go from Vegas to Macon. That is now 12 days after the original delivery estimate.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    I've got a package sitting in the Indianapolis hub since 12-8. It was mailed on the 4Th from 20 miles away from Indy. Wondering how long it will take to get the last 100 miles?

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    My USPS parcel from Midway which ended up in Muskegon after overshooting Indy, then went on to Pittsburg to languish for a week.

It has now found it's way back to the midwest via Detroit according to the most recent USPS tracking.

I now have a better understanding of why they are short manpower with all this xtra travel they provide.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My USPS parcel from Midway which ended up in Muskegon after overshooting Indy, then went on to Pittsburg to languish for a week.

It has now found it's way back to the midwest via Detroit according to the most recent USPS tracking.

I now have a better understanding of why they are short manpower with all this xtra travel they provide.

My last Midway order went via semi from the MO warehouse, through Indianapolis to Columbus, OH, back to Indy, then to my doorstep. SMH.

And my package that arrived in St Charles, MO Monday is STILL sitting there. Must be a really nice facility for it to not want to leave.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    My issue with Midway's policy is they don't appear to offer any credit towards real shipping if one chooses to not use the inferior free shipping option they offer. Which causes many including myself to fall into that trap of getting the most for one's $ and **** poor delivery.

My small parcel which had forecast delivery from Midway of 12/07 actually appears to be out for delivery today.

Placed another small order with Midway today and rather than take advantage of the $10 value free shipping, opted for the xtra $12 UPS Ground instead.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I've got a package sitting in the Indianapolis hub since 12-8. It was mailed on the 4Th from 20 miles away from Indy. Wondering how long it will take to get the last 100 miles?

I am kinda in the same "boat". Mailed a package USPS priority like you on the 4th of Dec. Postmaster " It should be there by 08 Dec". Well...I guess I can't be to upset as she didn't specify what YEAR? There is always 08 Dec 2021 I guess? My tracking has shown in transit since 08 Dec 2020? Still not there?

On another note regarding USPS sucking. On channel 13 earlier this week they did a "verify" piece on USPS mail being late. Well, apparently the USPS head "honchos" would not comment, but they did find a unidentified postal worker who confirmed that at his postal location there are semi trucks with mail in them that have been sitting for weeks with no drivers? He told the 13 verify team that when they can they send out 8 trucks full of mail every evening and 16 come in? The 13 team reported that they were told by postal workers it is so bad that they are just throwing packages into semi's without scanning them. Could be why my tracking has not moved since 08 Dec 20? Just my :twocents:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am kinda in the same "boat". Mailed a package USPS priority like you on the 4th of Dec. Postmaster " It should be there by 08 Dec". Well...I guess I can't be to upset as she didn't specify what YEAR? There is always 08 Dec 2021 I guess? My tracking has shown in transit since 08 Dec 2020? Still not there?

On another note regarding USPS sucking. On channel 13 earlier this week they did a "verify" piece on USPS mail being late. Well, apparently the USPS head "honchos" would not comment, but they did find a unidentified postal worker who confirmed that at his postal location there are semi trucks with mail in them that have been sitting for weeks with no drivers? He told the 13 verify team that when they can they send out 8 trucks full of mail every evening and 16 come in? The 13 team reported that they were told by postal workers it is so bad that they are just throwing packages into semi's without scanning them. Could be why my tracking has not moved since 08 Dec 20? Just my :twocents:

So they are claiming a deficit of 8 drivers a night. What are those other 8 incoming drivers doing? Its my understanding that most of these long haul routes are round trip and dedicated. So A driver drives from St Louis to Indy with a load. He should be hooking up to a STL bound trailer for his drive home. Are those extra 8 drivers just driving back home without a trailer? That doesnt make much sense on the surface.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It's not just packages. First class bill mailed from Indianapolis to Indianapolis was mailed on 12/14 and delivered today. Only thing I can figure is that it went from inside 465 to outside 465.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have now completed day 19 of waiting for my package from Vegas. No status update for several days now.

I'm wondering what the thread record is and if I'll be in contention for the title?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Placed an order with Langdon Tactical on the 14th' was at the usps "induction" center the same day. Still sitting there according to the tracking site. I guess the package is on vacation in beautiful Gilbert, AZ.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    UPS is still good here. Ordered yesterday out of Columbus, OH. UPS says it will be here tomorrow via ground. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom