• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Is anyone else having problems getting items ordered via usps. I have six packages from various sites that appear to just be sitting. No update to tracking in 4 days. All shipped priority. Very frustrating.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I bought some stuff from Primary Arms a few days ago. They said to not opt for USPS shipping due to delays, not sure what the underlying issue is. Other than normal government inefficiency that is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would guess it's just that time of year, what with so many people buying online for Christmas, not to mention the increased online buying in general due to covid.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Many shippers will generate labels for tracking purpose long before actually packaging up a shipment to send which will give the appearance of item not moving from origin for however long. Is it possible that's what you're seeing?

Have received several MidwayUSA "free shipping" orders over the past couple weeks and those are notorious for slowww shipping, but surprisingly these weren't.

Just don't ask me about the recent Xtreme bullet order that arrived USPS empty...then again maybe it didn't arrive, if it was empty.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just had a priority mail package from Sailrite in Columbia City, IN ship on 11/24 and arrive in Indy on 11/25 that took until 12/3 to get delivered. On the up side, ordered a sewing machine the morning of 12/2 that showed up on 12/5 via UPS. Was delivered in a gray unmarked van. The company website still shows the order as "In Process". FedEx is running a day late on another shipment. Amazon has been right on their promised delivery dates lately.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've had a few packages that were sloooooow. And currently waiting on one that's a few days late. The carriers are simply over loaded with the sheer volume of stuff being shipped. First, you have more people stuck at home ordering things because of COVID. You've also got many people are ordering items through their companies in order to continue working from home. (I've had several shipments of things like a new desk chair, second monitor, headset for Zoom calls). Add the holidays into the mix and the system is over loaded.

I wouldn't rely on any Christmas gifts making it to family in time if you're ordering online unless you pony up for fast shipping.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Not to mention less employees due to getting covid or having to quarantine. USPS has been hit or miss all year but they always come through

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've ALWAYS had trouble with the USPS delivering orders where I live in the Indy area NO MATTER the time of year.
    In fact anymore, it's a deal breaker if a vendor insists on shipping to me with USPS.
    And if they won't allow me to pay extra to have it shipped UPS or FEDEX, I find another vendor.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You should look for more of this. The USPS wants more govt money.

The worse they look during this holiday season, especially with the all the 'rona whining, the more money they feel they will be in line for with the next administration.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    I've ALWAYS had trouble with the USPS delivering orders where I live in the Indy area NO MATTER the time of year.
    In fact anymore, it's a deal breaker if a vendor insists on shipping to me with USPS.
    And if they won't allow me to pay extra to have it shipped UPS or FEDEX, I find another vendor.

ive had horrible luck too With ups losing items and FedEx losing ammo. Guess just going to quit buying online or ask retailers to ship in an Amazon box. Opting and paying for priority over the free shipping did no good. Items made it to a processing center and have sat for 4 days no movement or update.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    FYI no guarantee:

In most cases, the expected delivery date printed on your receipt or provided at checkout will reflect a delivery time of 1, 2, or 3 business days and is based on origin, destination, and drop-off time. The expected delivery data does not come with a money-back guarantee.

That's from the USPS page on priority mail. Some of the fine print.

For me priority seldom is any faster than first class.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    USPS has never been a problem for me. Fed ex, however, told me I didn't know my own address and wanted me to drive 40 miles to pick my package up. I told them if they couldn't find my house by close of business the next day to just send the package back and I'd have the vendor send it by another means. Suddenly they were able to figure it out.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    Ditto to the previous comments. Several items inbound and outbound "stuck" at various distribution points like Indianapolis. IMHO - USPS Priority is far worse this December vs. other years. Don't bother trying to call to find out anything....unless you have plenty of time to waste. If I am shipping anything to family, I am using UPS ground....it will still get there faster and better tracking reliability.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Ditto to the previous comments. Several items inbound and outbound "stuck" at various distribution points like Indianapolis. IMHO - USPS Priority is far worse this December vs. other years. Don't bother trying to call to find out anything....unless you have plenty of time to waste. If I am shipping anything to family, I am using UPS ground....it will still get there faster and better tracking reliability.

problem I had wit ups was they dropped a package off at USPS. USPS never delivered and neither would honor insurance. Luckily the retailer replaced it.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I ship all of my brass orders with USPS priority mail. In about a year and a half, I have only had a couple of issues. However, I have a customer waiting on a couple of orders that are stuck in Louisville. Supposedly they have been hit hard with COVID and are shorthanded. This customer is also waiting on a package from another business as well.

Top Bottom