Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another update, not so uplifting as the last one I provided:

Pair arrested after harassing pastor in Sutherland Springs

Two nutjobs have devised a theory that the Sutherland Springs church shootings did not happen, it was a hoax staged by the government. They went to the church itselfj (not during services, apparently), filming themselves with GoPro cameras. The pastor contacted them when they started writing on poster boards left for well-wishers to leave messages for the church. The guy nutjob told the pastor, whose 14 yo daughter was killed, that his daughter did not exist, that was part of the hoax apparently. Sheriff deputies hauled them off and a look at their Go-Pro videos showed the guy nutjob handling a firearm at one point, hiding it in their truck and telling female nutjob to tell the cops it was hers if they find it. Turns out guy nutjob has a felony conviction for burglary. Ding Ding! A search of the couple's house turned up more guns and ammo, and now both are facing federal charges related to felon-in-possession.

This happened in March of 2018, but somehow I didn't hear about it until a couple recent stories popped up:

Judge sends Sutherland Springs conspiracy theorist to psych ward
    'Conspiracy Granny' found mentally competent, seeks bail in San Antonio federal court

:xmad:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Another update, not so uplifting as the last one I provided:

Pair arrested after harassing pastor in Sutherland Springs

Two nutjobs have devised a theory that the Sutherland Springs church shootings did not happen, it was a hoax staged by the government. They went to the church itselfj (not during services, apparently), filming themselves with GoPro cameras. The pastor contacted them when they started writing on poster boards left for well-wishers to leave messages for the church. The guy nutjob told the pastor, whose 14 yo daughter was killed, that his daughter did not exist, that was part of the hoax apparently. Sheriff deputies hauled them off and a look at their Go-Pro videos showed the guy nutjob handling a firearm at one point, hiding it in their truck and telling female nutjob to tell the cops it was hers if they find it. Turns out guy nutjob has a felony conviction for burglary. Ding Ding! A search of the couple's house turned up more guns and ammo, and now both are facing federal charges related to felon-in-possession.

This happened in March of 2018, but somehow I didn't hear about it until a couple recent stories popped up:

Judge sends Sutherland Springs conspiracy theorist to psych ward
    'Conspiracy Granny' found mentally competent, seeks bail in San Antonio federal court

Is Alex Jones behind this?
    There's shades of Sandy Hook and Comet Ping Pong here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There was a lot of on scene media coverage.

All we had at new town was aerial footage of 200 armed and armored LEO walking around for hours after the perpetrator was found dead. OH! and the giggling father.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Um...the government says there was a mass shooting at the church. The government lies.

I think it's both cute and sad that you believe the government.

To be fair, there were a lot of other people besides the government that said there was a mass shooting at the church. Maybe he believes them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

All we had at new town was aerial footage of 200 armed and armored LEO walking around for hours after the perpetrator was found dead. OH! and the giggling father.

That’s all we had? None of the other teacher, staff and students including 2 injured that survived...and the 27 bodies?

Anyhoo, believing one was a conspiracy is just as crazy as the other.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Not all people deal with grief in the same way. Some people (especially with autism) don't show the correct social emotion.

And, from your post I could infer that you at least give credence to the conspiracy theory that it was a hoax. - I hope that's not what you intended.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Below seems like the relevant part to me in this particular case. Colorado ID, bought from FFL (Academy Sporting Goods) in Texas. Much fail from a "government employees/AD military did not do their job/DoD-wide systemic failure", but this is strictly the ID.
    Gun retailer broke law selling rifle to Sutherland Springs church killer, feds allege

(name of POS murderer deleted), who fatally shot himself as authorities chased him following the bloody massacre at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in 2017, was ineligible to make the purchase because he used a Colorado driver’s license as identification, prosecutor Paul David Stern wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-reta...-sutherland-springs-church-killer-feds-allege

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Below seems like the relevant part to me in this particular case. Colorado ID, bought from FFL (Academy Sporting Goods) in Texas. Much fail from a "government employees/AD military did not do their job/DoD-wide systemic failure", but this is strictly the ID.
    Gun retailer broke law selling rifle to Sutherland Springs church killer, feds allege

(name of POS murderer deleted), who fatally shot himself as authorities chased him following the bloody massacre at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in 2017, was ineligible to make the purchase because he used a Colorado driver’s license as identification, prosecutor Paul David Stern wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-reta...-sutherland-springs-church-killer-feds-allege

So they’re saying that the sale of the rifle in Tesas was illegal because he used a colorado DL as identification for the sale, and he was denied a permit in Colorado? That article is confusing. I didn’t think they required permits to purchase rifles in Colorado, and because the background check came back clean, I’m not sure how they would know. You can buy long guns in a different state from your residence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In all of this we are still dealing with the human condition.
    -Lazy do nothing dip weed not doing his job even as important as it was.
    -Greedy low life LGS owner making a sale regardless.
    -Total nut job walking out with a gun. A well known total nut job not unlike the Gabby Giffords shooter.

The system is filled with humans and is therefore flawed. More laws and a wider system is not the answer.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So they’re saying that the sale of the rifle in Tesas was illegal because he used a colorado DL as identification for the sale, and he was denied a permit in Colorado? That article is confusing. I didn’t think they required permits to purchase rifles in Colorado, and because the background check came back clean, I’m not sure how they would know. You can buy long guns in a different state from your residence.

That story was all over the place. I think a team of INGOers to help out may be needed. We see the problems with the writing because we understand the subject.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In all of this we are still dealing with the human condition.
    -Lazy do nothing dip weed not doing his job even as important as it was.
    -Greedy low life LGS owner making a sale regardless.
    -Total nut job walking out with a gun. A well known total nut job not unlike the Gabby Giffords shooter.

The system is filled with humans and is therefore flawed. More laws and a wider system is not the answer.

Something on a USAF-level has bothered me on this. This dirtbag could've had a dishonorable discharge. He had a bad conduct discharge because it was handled in a Special Court-Martial (Wing Commander at the base has this authority) opposed to referring to the 12th Air Force Commander (General Court Martial authority) which is the only court that has the DD as punishment. They took the easy way out and got this dirtbag out the door with a BCD.

Nothing went to NICS. Going to the GCM would've had AF Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) involved since it is a felony case. AFOSI has responsibility to report to NICS, but wasn't involved as it was. It would've been reported had they local commanders not taken the easy way out.

Maybe I'm wrong. A lot of fail here to go around.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Kelly,

In the Army a Post/Division CDR Major General has GCM authority if its a small post or separate Brigade the CDR Brigadier General or COL has the GCM authority.

I had had no idea it was different in the AF?

The “zero” tolerance military is gone.https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...inks-commanders-have-gone-soft-on-misconduct/

I witnessed events that in the 80’s and 90’s that would have resulted in several years in the stockade handled by a field grade ART15.
    During my time we had to hand walk a BCD or DD with a NCO during out-processing. I recall at the Provosts Marshall’s office they checked them into the database on the spot it was part of the out processing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That story was all over the place. I think a team of INGOers to help out may be needed. We see the problems with the writing because we understand the subject.

Not sure we need a whole team, per se. I mean, I could peck out something more descriptive on my phone, phat thumbs and all, while sitting on the ****ter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not all people deal with grief in the same way. Some people (especially with autism) don't show the correct social emotion.

And, from your post I could infer that you at least give credence to the conspiracy theory that it was a hoax. - I hope that's not what you intended.
    I found it disturbing that the only way I could connect the dots in a way they would line up in a sensible order was to develop my own custom conspiracy theory. In the end, as far as I am concerned, the matter was settled by an INGO member who knew one of the Sandy Hook families personally. That said, when the official story can't be tortured into a sensible narrative, that practically begs for alternative ideas.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I found it disturbing that the only way I could connect the dots in a way they would line up in a sensible order was to develop my own custom conspiracy theory. In the end, as far as I am concerned, the matter was settled by an INGO member who knew one of the Sandy Hook families personally. That said, when the official story can't be tortured into a sensible narrative, that practically begs for alternative ideas.
    OK... I wrote that two years ago.

Top Bottom