http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/161972000/161972165/pix499066968.jpg

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Beautiful rifle. You can be proud of it. It is not a "Service rifle" under the rules. The only current service rifles are the M1 Garand, the M14 (M1A), and the M16 (AR15).

If you choose to shoot this rifle in a NRA match, they will put you in the Match rifle category. Unless you want to shoot just for the pleasure of shooting, you will not be competitive. All of your fellow shooters on the line will be cheering you on and will take great interest in the rifle, but you won't be competitive.

CMP however, has Garand/Springfield/Military rifle matches. This where the Mosin 91/30, the 1917 Enfield, the 98 Mauser, and the other foreign military rifles can compete. Plus the Krag. It would be great fun to shoot your rifle in the Military rifle match.

In addition to the Nationals, many local clubs have GSM matches. Wildcat and FWRR are two that I know of.

I hope this helps.

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I would love to see someone shoot a Krag in a CMP Vintage match. The challenge would be the rapid fire stage --- load 5, shoot, load 5 more, shoot, in (I think) 70 seconds. As long as the second 5 don't roll too far away while you're shooting the first 5, opening the gate and dumping rounds in would be exciting!

Top Bottom