• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While the ejection is still in my face, the idea of being able to move the straight pull handle to the left side is tempting.

https://www.savagearms.com/impulse

Other than the glowing review in the NRA magazine, anyone have thoughts on it?
    You could always get one of the originals. Probably just as accurate too... K1896/11, K11, K31, Ross model 1905 or 1910, etc..

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    While the ejection is still in my face, the idea of being able to move the straight pull handle to the left side is tempting.
    My first thought was, even his gun hand is on the left. :stickpoke:

It looks interesting. But as a fellow lefty, for 1100-1200 (Gun Broker, ~$1100 searching on gun dot deals) , I'd just as soon buy a left-handed rifle like a Tikka T3x hunter model and still have a few hundred in my pocket. For that money, you can get a Christensen Mesa in LH. I don't own either of those, but my LH T/C Dimension makes me want to upgrade to one of those. Love the Dimension's stock shape. Don't particularly care for the bolt, but no issues in actual field use. That said, I know lefties with RH bolt guns and they do fine with the ejection across their face.

It's a really neat idea, but I don't think I want to be an early adopter. If folks try them out and run 'em hard for a year or two without issue, I'll probably look into one.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Thoughts? I wish they were more available and had a better selection of calibers initially. If so I'd probably have one already. From what I've seen it looks like the barrels will be easy to change which will hopefully create aftermarket options for additional calibers. IMO, the current pricing is very reasonable for a rifle this innovative, especially a straight pull. Once the they become readily available and the price drops, they should be an outright steal.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy

I feel like rarely if ever are the reviews in the NRA magazines negative. I don't take their reviews very seriously.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I feel like rarely if ever are the reviews in the NRA magazines negative. I don't take their reviews very seriously.
    I keep expecting to see a review like 'Other than a cracked bolt, missing rifling, and the sights fell off, this is a really nice gun I think the public will embrace.'

As a lefty I appreciate the concept. I bought a Ruger mkll in .270 many moons ago that does just fine though. I'll stick with it IMG_20191116_201515_01.jpg

Top Bottom