• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And it doesn't say anywhere in there that document that only white people are guilty of should repent. Which is exactly what I asked and what you could not provide.

Where have you been for the last several years?
    You really think the people pushing this crud are talking about everyone and not specifically whites?
    Really?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I never read stuff from them. I avoid biased journalism from the left and right.
    Any other pot shots you want to take?

After seeing the word "woke" twice in the first paragraph' I decided to skim it - I do have work to do.

I will say he tries really hard to link the SA to leftist authors. (E.g. White Fragility) And I don't need him to tell me what to think, I read the SA's document, walked past innumerable bell ringers and no one called me racist.

I have no need to be outraged. And no need to believe that any discussion of racism is a personal attack on me, or an attack on America, or capitalism, or Christianity...YMMV, so continue with the rock throwing.
    Share with us where you find your non-biased journalism.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I just skimmed the two linked salvation army guides. They do include CRT and similar garbage. Yes, they should be embarrassed they published such.

According to the Salvation Army, we all racist... :ugh::rolleyes:
    A few quotes:

"The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice."

"It is important for the empowered generations, including those who inherited the cultures of their forbearers, to assess their present circumstances and work towards just and equal communities"

"Racism can be so entrenched in institutions and culture that people can unintentionally and unwittingly perpetuate racial division. For instance, devout Christians who naively use racial epithets or a well-intentioned Sunday School curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery."

"These systems give privileges to White people resulting in disadvantages to People Of Color. Structural racism is defined as macro level systems, social forces, institutions, ideologies and processes that interact with one another to generate and reinforce inequities among racial and ethnic groups."

"We all have bias, but often we are not aware of the biases that we subconsciously hold. Research shows that years of structural and cultural constructs have deeply embedded stereotypes into our culture, and so into our own subconscious"

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I never read stuff from them. I avoid biased journalism from the left and right.
    Any other pot shots you want to take?

After seeing the word "woke" twice in the first paragraph' I decided to skim it - I do have work to do.

I will say he tries really hard to link the SA to leftist authors. (E.g. White Fragility) And I don't need him to tell me what to think, I read the SA's document, walked past innumerable bell ringers and no one called me racist.

I have no need to be outraged. And no need to believe that any discussion of racism is a personal attack on me, or an attack on America, or capitalism, or Christianity...YMMV, so continue with the rock throwing.
    So you're sh*tting in a thread without reading the articles. Just as expected. Get back on your route!

C098EBCA-C654-4461-AC04-148C5CF2183D_jpe-1956480.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just skimmed the two linked salvation army guides. They do include CRT and similar garbage. Yes, they should be embarrassed they published such.

According to the Salvation Army, we all racist... :ugh::rolleyes:
    A few quotes:

"The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice."

"It is important for the empowered generations, including those who inherited the cultures of their forbearers, to assess their present circumstances and work towards just and equal communities"

"Racism can be so entrenched in institutions and culture that people can unintentionally and unwittingly perpetuate racial division. For instance, devout Christians who naively use racial epithets or a well-intentioned Sunday School curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery."

"These systems give privileges to White people resulting in disadvantages to People Of Color. Structural racism is defined as macro level systems, social forces, institutions, ideologies and processes that interact with one another to generate and reinforce inequities among racial and ethnic groups."

"We all have bias, but often we are not aware of the biases that we subconsciously hold. Research shows that years of structural and cultural constructs have deeply embedded stereotypes into our culture, and so into our own subconscious"
    Looks like the SA is calling on whites to acknowledge their inherent white racist privilege to me and they want whites to do something about correcting the injustices of the past and present that they wittingly or unwittingly help to perpetuate.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Looks like the SA is calling on whites to acknowledge their inherent white racist privilege to me and they want whites to do something about correcting the injustices of the past and present that they wittingly or unwittingly help to perpetuate.

You are just perpetuating the idea that it's about whites because your world view revolves around whiteness, so you assume that it's talking about whites.

When you read the words:
    "or a well-intentioned Sunday School curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery."
    "These systems give privileges to White people resulting in disadvantages to People Of Color. "

You immediately assume that it's talking about white people for some reason. Weird.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You are just perpetuating the idea that it's about whites because your world view revolves around whiteness, so you assume that it's talking about whites.

When you read the words:
    "or a well-intentioned Sunday School curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery."
    "These systems give privileges to White people resulting in disadvantages to People Of Color. "

You immediately assume that it's talking about white people for some reason. Weird.
    You're right. How could I possibly be thinking that. Please excuse my white paranoia.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And it doesn't say anywhere in there that document that only white people are guilty of should repent. Which is exactly what I asked and what you could not provide.
    Then please point out where it says people of all colors should examine their privilege and repent their possible racist ideas and actions, or mentions anyone besides white people as other than a victim

Do you somehow think that when reparations for slavery is spoken of, without overtly mentioning the ethnicity of the payees or the recipients, that that somehow means the color (or lack thereof) of the two groups is in doubt?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You're right again. I can't deny it any longer. I'm gonna go out in the public square and flatulate.

j8Pla4PMQqCBl3QLAsYQ

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hammer and Nigel teased that they would be discussing this with their boss next segment...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Top Bottom