Btown Rural
    Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Support them, if you choose. It's a free world.
    This is incorrect. I was tempted to alter it to say 'It's a free [country], but I no longer believe even that is true

I believe that can be fixed, but I don't know that it will be

We should never forget that we could be left to wander in the desert for forty years or wallow in slavery for 400 if we deserve it

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Nope, they called every white person a racist.

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

When an organization climbs into the virtue signaling woke territory, they run the real risk of it blowing up in their face. NFL, NASCAR, now the Salvation Army.

Support them, if you choose. It's a free world.
    No. They didn't.

Central Nova "News" is a website owned by "conservative" PR types. Though they are on the right, the aim is to make those on the right angry and create wedge issues to heighten "engagement". They took an honest effort to engage on the topic of race and recast it as something it was not, not caring if they destroyed a good organization or not. Metric Media, which runs a lot of websites which, on the surface, seem to be local news outlets, specializes in fomenting discord under the guise of news to keep "it's side" in line. So many people fall for it. That they exist on the same side of the political spectrum that I do does not cause me to see what they do with positivity.

Whether we agree with everything that came out of the Salvation Army is not the point. It did not call upon every white person to apologize for their racism. Show me the quote. It attempted to remind people that what they may see as innocent, may not be taken as innocent by those of another race or ethnicity. Racism exists. In the effort to fight against the notion that racism is everywhere, some act as though it exists nowhere. I know that introspection and holding ourselves to a high standard isn't popular in a time when we've decided that we have to choose up sides on everything a try to destroy those we think are not in lockstep with us...but extending grace to an organization like the Salvation Army which is trying to do good in a world where Christians are the constant target is still in my playbook. It may not always state things exactly the way I would state them, and may not do everything 100% the way I would do them, but I support them and their work.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No. They didn't.

Right, that's why they took down their 'Let's Talk About Racism' guide. :rolleyes:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Right, that's why they took down the 'Let's Talk About Racism' guide. :rolleyes:

Show me the quote.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Seems it's in the "Let's Talk About Racism" resource.

“The desire is that Salvationists achieve the following,” the Army says in an online “resource” titled “Let’s Talk About Racism,” listing several goals including to “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Show me the quote.

...It is true that in November 2021, The Salvation Army published a guidance pamphlet entitled "Let's Talk About Racism," in which it encouraged followers to think critically about individual and systemic racism, and to "Lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed." In response to a public backlash, the organization denied accusations that it believes donors should "apologize for their skin color" or that America is "inherently racist." However, it did withdraw the guide from distribution for "appropriate review" and clarification...

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    May I reiterate? They will still not be getting any Krugerrands from me.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    This morning I stopped by the pet store, a shop in a small strip mall and Rural King and not a bell ringer in sight. Usually they are at all those places in December but not this year. Anybody else notice a lack of bell ringers in their neck of the woods?
    Went to Walmart yesterday about noon. There were kettle stations at both entrances off to the side, but no kettle nor people around for them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Read it for yourself. See my post #75. Has a link to the ENTIRE "Lets talk about racism" study guide.
    I did, at least twice.

Oh my gosh...they asked people to repent if they had actual racist attitudes and actions. How dare they.

"Lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed."

Still missing the part where the said all white donors need to repent for their racism.

Wait, does is this an argument that either racism doesn't exist or that no repentance is necessary if one has actually held racist biases, ideologies or committed racist actions?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh mu gosh...they asked people to repent if they had actual racist attitudes and actions. How dare they.

Still missing the part where the said all white donors need to repent for their racism.
    Based on seeing conversations between these actual racists and white people, they expect us ALL to apologize. Because as far as they are concerned there are two kinds of white people:
    White people who admit they are racists.
    And white people who lie about being racists.

And there have been instances of "your grandpa was in the KKK. You need to repent and apologize personally or you are complicit." They imply that they dont care/dont believe that the grandkid isnt also racist.

And when pressed successfully, one even said "OK, even if you arent a racist, you need to apologize for your white privilege that allows you advantages over POCs. Regardless, every white person needs to apologize for SOMETHING."

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Based on seeing conversations between these actual racists and white people, they expect us ALL to apologize. Because as far as they are concerned there are two kinds of white people:

And there have been instances of "your grandpa was in the KKK. You need to repent and apologize personally or you are complicit." They imply that they dont care/dont believe that the grandkid isnt also racist.

And when pressed successfully, one even said "OK, even if you arent a racist, you need to apologize for your white privilege that allows you advantages over POCs. Regardless, every white person needs to apologize for SOMETHING."
    Great summary !

download (6).gif

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    From the SA site. But going through their site, they appear to be not too far off from the accusations. Racism is destroying the world. But they omit liberalism’s contributions. Their site was eye opening compared to what I thought about the SA.
    • The Salvation Army's Response to False Claims on the Topic of Racism​

Nov 25, 2021
      The holidays are a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate. The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination. The beliefs that motivate our service are based solely on the Bible, and that will never change.
      But although we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, backgrounds, or lifestyle—some individuals and groups have recently attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agendas. They have claimed that we believe our donors should apologize for their skin color, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that we have abandoned our Christian faith for one ideology or another.
      Those claims are simply false, and they distort the very goal of our work.
      The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and that we are called by God to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs and goals are critically important because we know that racism exists, and we are determined to do everything the Bible asks of us to overcome it.
      The Salvation Army occasionally publishes internal study guides on various complex topics to help foster positive conversations and grace-filled reflection among Salvationists. By openly discussing these issues, we always hope to encourage the development of a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to support those in need. But no one is being told how to think. Period.
      In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.
      Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review.
      We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. And we remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Our supporters know that ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ, and we strive to follow it every day.
      May God bless you, and Merry Christmas.
    Too little, to late

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Those people who see racism in everyone and everything are out there.

This thread is about the Salvation Army.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Too little, to late
    At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.
    Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review.
    dr-evil-quote.gif

Top Bottom