• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    "...The Salvation Army occasionally publishes internal study guides on various complex topics to help foster positive conversations and grace-filled reflection among Salvationists..."

Translation, The general public wasn't supposed to see this or know anything about it.
    Sad and true

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Aren't the Salvation Army haters jumping the gun? What nation wide organization are you going to donate to to fill the void? Shouldn't you have planned ahead?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination."

Good enough for me. They will continue to get my support as they have for several years.

Just like there were actual communists in the U.S. in the 50s, but there was not a communist behind every tree, there are CRT advocates out there, but not everywhere.

We may want to ask ourselves who benefits by leading us to turn on institutions we have trusted rather than simply being so gullible as to buy into every accusation.

The left attacked the SA because while their efforts to help people are without discrimination, it has a belief system based upon the Bible when it comes to family and sexuality. Helping those in need without discrimination is not incompatible with biblical Christianity. In fact, many of us think that's a big part of it.

Now some either on the right or who simply want those on the right to get mad say they are going woke?

Seems like a concerted effort to destroy one of the most visible and well-thought-of Christian organizations there is.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Disappointing if true.

This is blatant racism. I don’t know how people are so blind to this. Anti-white is racism.

I’m not even white and I know how racism works.

Go woke, go broke.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Another view...

Also, please note, I headline this post with ????, people can research and make up their own minds.

I don't know what S.A. is thinking with the document or their statements on the website. Sure sounds like "anti-racist" propaganda to me.

So, the S.A., having gone 156 without a statement that sounds like "anti-racist" propaganda, and giving without prejudice/bigotry/racism to ALL WHO NEED, they decided that they needed to mimic Marxist rhetoric.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination."

Good enough for me. They will continue to get my support as they have for several years.

Just like there were actual communists in the U.S. in the 50s, but there was not a communist behind every tree, there are CRT advocates out there, but not everywhere.

We may want to ask ourselves who benefits by leading us to turn on institutions we have trusted rather than simply being so gullible as to buy into every accusation.

The left attacked the SA because while their efforts to help people are without discrimination, it has a belief system based upon the Bible when it comes to family and sexuality. Helping those in need without discrimination is not incompatible with biblical Christianity. In fact, many of us think that's a big part of it.

Now some either on the right or who simply want those on the right to get mad say they are going woke?

Seems like a concerted effort to destroy one of the most visible and well-thought-of Christian organizations there is.
    Well stated as always.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Here is a link to the whole 67 page “study guide”. Only through the first few pages, but there is this as one of the key takeaways they hope for…
    Lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.
    Footnote on page 9 features the race hustler Ibram Kendi…
    11 Kendi, I. (2019). How to Be an Antiracist (1st ed.). [Place of publication not identified]: Random House.
    Agree or disagree, it appears the original stories ain’t too far off reality. Take from it what you will.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County

Here is a link to the whole 67 page “study guide”. Only through the first few pages, but there is this as one of the key takeaways they hope for…

Footnote on page 9 features the race hustler Ibram Kendi…

Agree or disagree, it appears the original stories ain’t too far off reality. Take from it what you will.
    “We may want to ask ourselves who benefits by leading us to turn on institutions we have trusted rather than simply being so gullible as to buy into every accusation.”
    456ab604-ccb8-430e-af65-f75e04f223f5_Racism+Study+Guide.pdf
    21F433F1-29CD-4263-9BB7-B65F44265FAF.jpeg Here

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This one put me over the edge. I don't mind the increased emphasis on widening the participation of excellent actors in most productions; however, this casting is historically inaccurate and a sure pandering to the woke libs.

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/04/candace-owens-anne-boleyn-black-obama-white/

Anne%20Boleyn%20Key%20Art%20Portrait_jpg_m19623.jpg

What next? A white guy as Tonto?

lone_ranger_tonto_johnny_depp_a_p.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “We may want to ask ourselves who benefits by leading us to turn on institutions we have trusted rather than simply being so gullible as to buy into every accusation.”
    456ab604-ccb8-430e-af65-f75e04f223f5_Racism+Study+Guide.pdf
    View attachment 169955 Here
    You realize that what is circled there doesn't include only what white people did, right?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Top Bottom