• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have an M&P Pro 9mm that is having pretty regular failure to extract problems (empty round sticking in the chamber). From what I can see online this appears to be a pretty common issue with this model.

I bought the gun used so I am to sure if S&W will service it. I suppose the honest route is to call their service center , tell them I bought it used, and see what happens. I'm just curious to know if anyone on INGO has successfully used this warranty repair service for a used gun recently. And if so, can you share your experiences?

Much appreciated.
    Dn

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yep, just call S&W and tell them your problem. I doubt they'll even ask how/when you bought it. They were very speedy when I sent my M&P-22 in.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    M&P's are lifetime warrantied regardless of owner.

Very good to hear. Not that I don't trust you guys (I totally do. :ingo:) but is that stated anywhere? I searched their website but couldn't locate that specific information. I will give them a buzz tomorrow though.

Really appreciate the info.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Very good to hear. Not that I don't trust you guys (I totally do. :ingo:) but is that stated anywhere? I searched their website but couldn't locate that specific information. I will give them a buzz tomorrow though.

call them....

jag.40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    I had a problem with my bodyguard I sent them an email telling them what was wrong with it and they sent me an email back with a shipping label all I had to do was box it up and send it off it was used they just asked for a ser. Number

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Actually it is a lifetime service policy which is different than a warranty I believe for legal purposes... the official wording indicates original purchaser, however, I don't think you will have an issue.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_757818_-1_757814_757812_image

1. Lifetime Service Policy

We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Yep, just call S&W and tell them your problem. I doubt they'll even ask how/when you bought it. They were very speedy when I sent my M&P-22 in.

I did this with a bg380 I bought used. I sent in and 3 weeks later I got it back.

Other than my mailing info they never asked anything other that serial # and problem.

OP you're good to go.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    A lot of companies have lifetime warranties but don't want to put it on paper. Ruger for example has no written warranty but they will jump through hoops to fix any issue you have.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Go here and fill up the form. Once you've explained your problem, they'll mail you a prepaid package for free so you can return the firearm for warranty repairs.

I've had my M&P 9s for repairs and I never had to pay a cent.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I did this with a bg380 I bought used. I sent in and 3 weeks later I got it back.

Other than my mailing info they never asked anything other that serial # and problem.

OP you're good to go.

That's still within reasonable time, but I think mine was door to door in about 7 or 8 days. I couldn't believe it.

Top Bottom