Not open for further replies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Here is a major reason why the Ukraine is doing so well. They are fighting like a western army not an eastern one.

Russia just keep churning more ineffective troops into the grist mill.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if the Russian equivalent of Baghdad Bob has appeared yet
    Yep. But not in as spectacular form.

For instance families of conscript sailors were told when asked where their sons were (because they have not heard from them), were told "they are at sea". I guess the bottom of the sea is technically "at sea".

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Yep. But not in as spectacular form.

For instance families of conscript sailors were told when asked where their sons were (because they have not heard from them), were told "they are at sea". I guess the bottom of the sea is technically "at sea".
    “We will give the Russians their half of the Black Sea—The Bottom Half!!”

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    A very good book I read many years ago seems to still be pertinent today with this conflict. It was called Inside The Soviet Army written by an officer who defected to the west, Victor Suvorov I think. He wrote about the organization of the army, the doctrine and strategy they use when fighting land wars that go back even to pre-Soviet times. One thing that they would do is to keep obsolete equipment to be used by front line troops. The reason is why give good equipment to cannon fodder. Hence why we have warehouses full of Mosin Nagants and Tokarevs still today.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A very good book I read many years ago seems to still be pertinent today with this conflict. It was called Inside The Soviet Army written by an officer who defected to the west, Victor Suvorov I think. He wrote about the organization of the army, the doctrine and strategy they use when fighting land wars that go back even to pre-Soviet times. One thing that they would do is to keep obsolete equipment to be used by front line troops. The reason is why give good equipment to cannon fodder. Hence why we have warehouses full of Mosin Nagants and Tokarevs still today.
    Here's a partial review of another one, The Threat by Andrew Cockburn, from the early 1980s but probably still relevant:

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    OK, alternative conspiracy theory... COVID didn't kill enough Russians, so Putin sent them into battle.

Those videos make me want to learn the Ukrainian language so I can understand the song.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    OK, alternative conspiracy theory... COVID didn't kill enough Russians, so Putin sent them into battle.

Those videos make me want to learn the Ukrainian language so I can understand the song.
    Given Russian demographic collapse, he should be hoarding Russians, and deploying non-Russian mercenaries en masse.

Just one of many notes on the subject. Feshbach did excellent work on the USSR and Russian populations.

even in 1981 he was writing about this:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Lots of interesting information in this video plus what is happening to our strategy oil reserves. Hint it won't be used to lower the American gas prices.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, that was just a stray thought... wouldn't be the first time conflict was used to decrease population.

Russia keeps trying to pull NATO in, more for their domestic consumption I would guess.

Yeah they use blaming it on NATO for domestic consumption as a face saving measure because they look weak domestically for the difficulties they are having taking on the Ukrainian military.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Putin must be feeling...

Almost eight weeks after Vladimir Putin sent troops into Ukraine, with military losses mounting and Russia facing unprecedented international isolation, a small but growing number of senior Kremlin insiders are quietly questioning his decision to go to war.

The ranks of the critics at the pinnacle of power remain limited, spread across high-level posts in government and state-run business. They believe the invasion was a catastrophic mistake that will set the country back for years, according to ten people with direct knowledge of the situation. All spoke on condition of anonymity, too fearful of retribution to comment publicly.

So, is it just a myth that people who commit suicide don't hold onto the firearm?

Anastasia told officers that the gun had been in her father's hand when she found his body, say reports.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just some thoughts......I don't believe our media or media platforms at all. It's very tough to find anything that shows Russia doing well. It's all little tiny stories about one helicopter down here and there by "brave Ukraine". A bunch of tanks gone... Then a week later another city gets destroyed, and the news is Ukraine has destroyed 20% of Russian tanks. Lol. These same media platforms have lied about literally everything for years. I don't trust them today or yesterday, or tomorrow. Russia keeps plowing forward. I saw a headline that Russia may default. Yet they ramp up the war recently. I dunno. There's so much garbage out there. We spent 18 years in Afghanistan. It's been 2 months. Anyone can point to a mainstream media story making fun of Russian military tanks, or whatever. That same media said you can keep your doctor. That same media praises Biden, ignores inflation, continues lies about trump and covers for Hunter. What I think is that Putin waited while Trump was in office. Putin knows Biden won't do anything so he attacks. He knows Europe wont do much because Biden won't do anything. And the million bucks hunter got from the mayor's wife in Moscow will assure this. Along with the millions hunter got from China. And the 10% for the big guy. This is orchestrated. I believe(and hope I'm wrong) Putin is willing to use nukes, again without any real consequences from Biden. I'm taking the very cynical position, as that position has been correct since the election and well before it. We can hope the war ends quickly, but sending arms and aid prolongs the fighting. Sure that helps hurt Putin's forces, but I think he'll use nukes if it actually starts going badly for Russia.

I thought years ago with my first child who's a teen now that public school was indoctrinating my kid into a democrat. I pulled her out of pubic school and told people around me and they said no way. That was 9 years ago. It's proven, and way worse than we thought. They sexualize kids in 1st, 2nd, 3rd........ Pull kids aside to discuss what name they want to be called and which bathroom they wanna use, without the parent being informed. The list goes on but it's always worse than what they govt tells you. And the govt is run by liberals. Holcomb BTW is a democrat. Back to Putin.....

I don't think Putin can retreat if things go bad. His reign would end immediately. I think he's all in, and China will help if actually needed. With the Dems owned by china and Russia, it's kinda easy to see why this is happening and why the US response is pathetic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom