• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wouldn't it be nuts if this who thing ended with a coup attempt in Russia, which in turn destabilized the whole country? While Russia was in turmoil I imagine Belarus would experience something similar.

Soldiers disobeying orders can turn to mutiny in a hurry I'd imagine

Remembering the night the wall came down 9 November 1989, the soldiers were out celebrating with the crowds while the leadership saw it's power and even it's relevance melting away. It was a great thing to see.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I thought the Donbas area was under pro-Russian control already?
    Well part of it was anyway, I think there are parts the Russians are trying to take...

Well at least they move equipment towards in slow columns towards down a road towards the parts of donbas they dont have, waiting for drones to spot them and guide in various ambushes or ordinance.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well part of it was anyway, I think there are parts the Russians are trying to take...

Well at least they move equipment towards in slow columns towards down a road towards the parts of donbas they dont have, waiting for drones to spot them and guide in various ambushes or ordinance.

Wonder how much creative compliance there is in those movements? Yes sir, moving towards the enemy as we speak (ready to bailout asap)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anyway im not too up on Ukrainian political geography.. but in 2014 I don't think all of Donbas went rouge.. Or as its called on a lot of maps Donetsk.

I dunno about the names, I just know that anything in the bright colors on this map is NOT RUSSIA. Should be easy, huh.. Kremlin numbuts..

ukraine-oblasts-map.gif

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    They have been fighting in the Donbas since 2014.Last I read was 29 cease fires with the longest lasting 6 weeks.That area and east are Russian by ancestry. This is a mini Civil War. After the last 2 years......I am not believing the news reports from either side.
    Putin will not Nuke because the prevailing winds there are always blowing mostly East.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well. crap... they better be careful with this. I could swear that announcing something like this on state TV could be construed as an official declaration of war.

“Now we're definitely fighting against Nato infrastructure, if not Nato itself. We need to recognise that.”

Open mouth, insert foot.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Well. crap... they better be careful with this. I could swear that announcing something like this on state TV could be construed as an official declaration of war.

“Now we're definitely fighting against Nato infrastructure, if not Nato itself. We need to recognise that.”

Open mouth, insert foot.
    Russia doesn’t like the prospect of taking on a far more powerful adversary. Something Vlad should have thought about previously.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wonder how much creative compliance there is in those movements? Yes sir, moving towards the enemy as we speak (ready to bailout asap)
    Can't expect too much out of conscripts who were hanging out with their friends a few months ago now they're thrown in a hornets nest fighting people who will fight to the death, carrying only a rifle, a canteen of water and one MRE if they're lucky.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom