Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Devastating blow to Ukraine command

wow!

A Russian Kinzhal missile at 12,000 kilometers per hour, 10 times faster than sound, was, reportedly, used today to destroy a Ukrainian weapons depot 136 meters underground. (Listen to the astonishment of the American reporter when he suddenly saw this)

I am a little skeptical of the missile video. There should have been an enormous shockwave shortly after the hit especially considering the nuclear type flash and mushroom cloud. Might be a fake.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I am a little skeptical of the missile video. There should have been an enormous shockwave shortly after the hit especially considering the nuclear type flash and mushroom cloud. Might be a fake.
    Anything posted by NewsRussiaAgency4ever can be summarily dismissed until it can be verified by a reliable source. This is the same Putin mouthpiece that breathlessly posted about American and Canadian generals captured in Mariupol a few weeks ago.

And I thought CNN was bad.

:):

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

wow!

A Russian Kinzhal missile at 12,000 kilometers per hour, 10 times faster than sound, was, reportedly, used today to destroy a Ukrainian weapons depot 136 meters underground. (Listen to the astonishment of the American reporter when he suddenly saw this)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

wow!

I'm going to call BS. I think it is extremely unlikely that there would be a stabilized camera that just happened to be pointing at the precise spot to show the terminal phase of a mach 10 missile. Also, maximum warhead weight is 500kg. Even with the added kinetic energy the primary explosion seems too large (with the camera again pointed perfectly and never shaken by the p-wave or the blast wave). It is not like every explosive in a depot would be immediately and simultaneously detonated

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm going to call BS. I think it is extremely unlikely that there would be a stabilized camera that just happened to be pointing at the precise spot to show the terminal phase of a mach 10 missile. Also, maximum warhead weight is 500kg. Even with the added kinetic energy the primary explosion seems too large (with the camera again pointed perfectly and never shaken by the p-wave or the blast wave). It is not like every explosive in a depot would be immediately and simultaneously detonated

A little bit of searching goes a long way...

Searched "A Russian Kinzhal missile at 12,000 kilometers per hour"

First hit...

CLAIM: Video captures an American journalist reacting as a Russian Kinzhal missile hits land in Ukraine and causes a massive explosion.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The video was previously posted by a visual effects artist who has used the same background and sound effects in multiple videos. Hypersonic missile experts confirmed it does not resemble such a weapon.

“The real missile would be so fast that it would appear as a quick streak on video - probably captured in only a single frame,.” said Jonathan Poggie, a professor in the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Purdue University.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Russia will eventually impose their will.
    Their WWII tactics are outdated and I think they will learn from this debacle, and improve. Time is not on Ukraine' side.

Americans probably should have went to train the Ukrainian people how to fight and unit tactics. That would have been better in the long run. Instead of fighting on the front lines.

Our military was over there training them since 2015 at least. The Floridan National Guard were pulled out shortly before the start of the "special operation."

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oh, I understand that. It was a joke on my part basically to address anyone that thought it might be real.

I think it would be interesting to see how many videos that have been posted are fake, staged, real. Where it was posted, and who here posted it.

But I don't got that kinda time to dig through history.

Reactions: KG1

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Our military was over there training them since 2015 at least. The Floridan National Guard were pulled out shortly before the start of the "special operation."
    What I mean was now. Those Americans that went to fight should have stayed in the rear and trained the civilians that just got rifles how to fight. I think it would have been more productive.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I think it would be interesting to see how many videos that have been posted are fake, staged, real. Where it was posted, and who here posted it.

But I don't got that kinda time to dig through history.
    It is even more than that. When was a picture or video taken? I have seen a ton of images of shelled cities.The thing is many of those where taken prior to Russia invading. Ukraine and the separatist regions had shelled each other almost non stop for 8 years,but on the news the old images and video are always "Russian shelling" but the images are usually of an entirely different city and time.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It is even more than that. When was a picture or video taken? I have seen a ton of images of shelled cities.The thing is many of those where taken prior to Russia invading. Ukraine and the separatist regions had shelled each other almost non stop for 8 years,but on the news the old images and video are always "Russian shelling" but the images are usually of an entirely different city and time.
    The “news media” call this “file footage”. It’s lazy if not downright dishonest.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    What I mean was now. Those Americans that went to fight should have stayed in the rear and trained the civilians that just got rifles how to fight. I think it would have been more productive.

For people who know how to train others maybe. I will agree that what is going on with their foreign volunteers is a C.F. but it's war.

Though, thinking back through prior conflicts, I think you'll find the experience typical. Maybe hired "private contractors" get to choose what kit they have, and what roles they provide. But, foreign volunteer brigades get what's left over in most history I've read.

With all the arms pouring into the Ukraine I would still prioritize national troops before troops of unknown caliber and vetting, for munitions and supplies. Of course, neither of us are privy to the entirety of the situation there. I'm sure either of us had more info, we might make different decisions.

For instance, part of my reasoning, when those volunteers are first showing up and it's only been weeks, and forecasts are dim, you need them for one set of tasks. Yes, haste and waste because Kiev was under attack from 3 sides.
    If/when things get into more a long term grind, then you train them somewhere else into cohesive units, bring them in with decent equipment for more specific missions.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom