Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Has anyone read Zeihan's recently released book, 'The End of the World Is Just The Beginning '? I just finished it and while I don't buy in totally, he does make some good points.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They should be proud.
    They cut off Berlin.
    So Lithuania just took a page from them.

Why don't they airlift?
    Likely because NATO does not allow Russian aircraft even commercial flights in their airspace as part of the sanctions and no aircraft taking off from a Russian airfield can land anywhere in Europe,US,Canada,or Japan for the same reason.
    They could still do it,but it would mean flights along the coast of Finland and would take much longer.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Has anyone read Zeihan's recently released book, 'The End of the World Is Just The Beginning '? I just finished it and while I don't buy in totally, he does make some good points.
    I haven't read the book, but I have watched long talks he has given about it on YouTube. I'm like you, not sure I buy it all, but he certainly makes a lot of interesting points. The demographic stuff and the implications of it are fascinating.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Due to the rallying natural gas prices, Russian revenues from gas exports are believed to be equal to the revenue last year, when Moscow wasn’t limiting gas flows to Europe and wasn’t (yet) on a collision course with the EU.

“It’s shocking to see that, despite the 75% cut in daily supply by Gazprom to Europe, the daily receipts are still in line with where they were a year ago, and certainly higher than pre-Covid times,” Tom Marzec-Manser, head of gas analytics at ICIS, told Bloomberg.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yep. This is according the NYT.
    Guess you missed my point. You said: "Guess we are saying the quite part out loud now". I don;t know that "we" are saying anything. Especially if by "we" you mean the US Gov. You posted a tweet referring to the NYT. I don't rely on Twitter and barely on what the NYT says as being true. YMMV.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Guess you missed my point. You said: "Guess we are saying the quite part out loud now". I don;t know that "we" are saying anything. Especially if by "we" you mean the US Gov. You posted a tweet referring to the NYT. I don't rely on Twitter and barely on what the NYT says as being true. YMMV.
    I did'nt say any such thing. Perhaps you are mixing up another post with my post. I don't rely on twitter or the NYT either and that was my point. The quote and the twitter post that you attributed to me was made by rooster.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom