Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Doubling down, huh?

How about you provide the whole speech instead of a cherry-picked soundbite?
    He has flipped back and forth on rather he would accept anything less than NATO and EU admission since he was elected. That and the fact Ukraine first applied for NATO membership in 2008. Why do you think Ukraine is not already in NATO,and are you for the most corrupt country in Europe being in NATO?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He has flipped back and forth on rather he would accept anything less than NATO and EU admission since he was elected. That and the fact Ukraine first applied for NATO membership in 2008. Why do you think Ukraine is not already in NATO,and are you for the most corrupt country in Europe being in NATO?
    It has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with someone trying to pull a fast one on fellow INGOers by posting a clearly out of context soundbite that supports their views.

EDIT:
    I am not in favor of bringing Ukraine into NATO:
    My thought on this is that this gives Ukraine some bargaining leverage.

"We want to be in NATO. But if Russia completely leaves, we will agree to stay out of NATO and be a buffer state."

I can certainly see bring Ukraine into NATO just upping the tension.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with someone trying to pull a fast one on fellow INGOers by posting a clearly out of context soundbite that supports their views.
    This is the same poster who breathlessly posted about NATO forces being surrounded and captured in Mariupol last year in the original thread. His propaganda can be safely dismissed until verified by credible sources.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday.
    “I’ve worked the Ukraine issue now for about nine years, and in our engagement over that entire period corruption was the number one issue we’ve raised with Ukrainian officials,” Under Secretary of Defense Colin Kahl said during a hearing about Ukraine assistance held by the House Armed Services Committee on Tuesday.

Pentagon: Nothing to see here and empty your pockets before leaving.

Defence Minister Vyacheslav Shapovalov
    Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration Kyrylo Tymoshenko
    Deputy Prosecutor General Oleksiy Simonenko
    Commander of the joint forces of Ukraine Eduard Moskolyov
    and around 30 others sacked by Zelenski in the last 9 days.

Pentagon: What?

I am going with the conspiracy theory the Pentagon found loads of corruption,graft,and theft. Then told Zelenski,but not US tax payers.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nah, just the Baltic states for now. I think that at this point, Poland could handle Russia all by itself.
    That would suck - that's the only source of my favorite liqueur - Black Balsam.

Time to shore up the Suwalki Gap.

Although, realistically Moldova will be next.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Although, realistically Moldova will be next.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Which is sad - I haven't been there either. And from what I've heard, tourists can really experience life behind the Iron Curtain.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Doesn't the domino theory kinda describe NATO creeping up to Russian borders?

Still to this day, Putin is saying, look; there was this other offer on the table. The best friend of the president looked Mikhail Gorbachev in the eye and said NATO will move not one inch eastward. And that's sort of factually accurate in a narrow sense, but it doesn't reflect the reality that we're creating.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom