• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

That last one looks like it was at a vulnerable altitude if Ukraine had the proper equipment for that kind of threat.

The Russians keep going back to what they do best....try to terrorize civilian populations. But Ukranians have been there for too long for it to have any significant effect anymore. Another sign of Russian desperation. Maybe generals or the defense secretary trying to impress Putin and stay alive another day.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well the Bear struck back, with whatever fancy conventional long range munitions they had left...

Sources say that Russia is now TAPPED OUT as far as a lot of these sort of munitions.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do the Rooskies have any precision munitions? I’m leaning towards no at this point. I know everything they dropped in Syria was dumb.

I’m no JAG, but I did sit through an awful lot of Law Of Armed Conflict training over the years. A bridge used to supply the forces attacking you? Lawful target. Random civilians in cities? That’s a big no. Retaliation is authorized under LOAC if it is in-kind. They bomb your civilians, you can bomb their civilians. That is not what happened here. That bridge was a legitimate military target, civilians are not.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That last one looks like it was at a vulnerable altitude if Ukraine had the proper equipment for that kind of threat.
    There was a video today of someone picking off a cruise missile with a lucky MANPADS shot. They're staying low to avoid bigger air defense, which means slower. Get lucky with readiness and a long enough target presentation and you might pop one.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    There was a video today of someone picking off a cruise missile with a lucky MANPADS shot. They're staying low to avoid bigger air defense, which means slower. Get lucky with readiness and a long enough target presentation and you might pop one.
    Yep. But if Ukraine had a fighter (F-15, F-16) with solid look-down shoot-down capability, those things would be easy pickings at that altitude and speed.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Do the Rooskies have any precision munitions? I’m leaning towards no at this point. I know everything they dropped in Syria was dumb.
    They do have smart free fall munitions, but seem to have used much, and don't want to risk the planes by flying over the target anyway.

But as far as the TU bomber fleet, they seem to be critically low on conventional cruise missiles.
    Supporting this is the number of S-300 SAMs being used in a surface to surface role. Both from ship, and from SAM batteries.
    There were a few conventional ballistic missiles, MLRS, and sea launch thrown in.

From all these sources, the Russians could only scrape enough together to launch at 84 targets... plus the 24 drones.

This reminds me of the Blitz of London type deal, Ukraine has maned to tick them off and got them to make a rash decision and divert (particularly the drones) away from where they might do any good on the front lines. Instead they launch them at strategic targets they really don't have the accuracy to hit anyway. Well maybe the slow drones can hit them. But the drones are one of the few things that has been working to some effect for the Russians.

Now the Russians are likely critically low on this stuff, and the front lines still collapse on the Russians.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Found the video. Cruise missiles look easier to shoot down than aircraft. They don’t try to evade or fire flares. I’m sure it’s not very common. Have to be in the right place at the right time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I’m no JAG, but I did sit through an awful lot of Law Of Armed Conflict training over the years. A bridge used to supply the forces attacking you? Lawful target. Random civilians in cities? That’s a big no. Retaliation is authorized under LOAC if it is in-kind. They bomb your civilians, you can bomb their civilians. That is not what happened here. That bridge was a legitimate military target, civilians are not.
    I wondered the same thing after looking at the damage pictures, they look more like V-1 accuracy.

As I remember US stuff can literally knock on the front door, or come down the chimney.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Former Trump guy Pompae however you spell it, beating the war drums of total victory over Russia at all costs. We must give all and every resource to Ukraine to defeat and break Russia. Russia is a major threat and totally superior in armament and can take out Ukraine…..????…. Yet I keep seeing Russia failing, being beat and running out of arms…..? I wonder how much stock he had in the military? Then right after that interview I watched Jesse Waters talk about oil… and all the lithium in Afghanistan and east Ukraine. And we gave up Afghan to China. Last lithium up for grabs is now Ukraine. Ya all making sense now. Like I once said, it’s a big club and we ain’t in it.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw this today....I had been interested in more details about why Russia went into Ukraine. Thought it was a good listen. Goes straight back to Obama, and Biden. We just can't keep our noses out of crap.....why...I still think its all the lithium and other stuff Biden and stock holders plan to get rich off. War is great, politicians make $$$, CIA gets money, the military machine gets $$$, Biden and stock holders get $$$$, they don't die....its someone else. "At this point what does it matter now!" Hillary Clinton. We just keep poking that bear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom