Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If thats Remington ammo I wouldn't use it, be too many duds at the wrong time. lol
    The company you likely are suggesting made the duds does not exist. Remington was sold off to 7 different companies. That is the joke in my post. It was suggested to boycott Remington though the company that was sued by Sandy Hook is long gone.

From wiki it said Vista bought the name, Remington.

From the Forbes article.

• Vista Outdoor Inc. for its Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets
    • Roundhill Group LLC for its non-Marlin firearms business
    • Sierra Bullets LLC for its Barnes ammunitions business
    • Sturm, Ruger, & Co. for its Marlin firearms business
    • JJE Capital Holdings LLC for DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
    • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. for Bushmaster brand and some related assets
    • Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. for Tapco brands

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep, lot's of disinformation out there... don't fall for it. Took me less than 5 minutes to find this.

HOW TO: grab a screen shot. crop to just the video. do an image search on google. (image I searched with provided below)

Original video:

View attachment 186647

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Maybe you did not hear about the 7 million Ukrainians slathered by the Russian back Soviet Union during the last 100 years. The Donbas and Donestsk region was Russified during Stalin's time, Ukrainian's were executed, sent to Siberia and starved to death. Their proprieties we confiscated and given to Russian loyalists. After the fall of the Soviet Union and after the Russian puppets were removed from government during the Maidan Revolt, Russia sent operatives into the Donbas and Donestsk region, as well as Crimia to stir up trouble and lead an insurrection, when Ukraine retaliated in those regions, Russian moved to "stabilize" those areas by attempting to take over those areas. The succeeded in Crimea, but have not been successful in Donbas and Donestsk due to Ukrainian resistance.

Unfortunately this conflict be being fought on two fronts; The Military war and the Propaganda war, both sides are good at it and previously the truth has been had to find and it is now even more difficult if not impossible.

Ukraine is a fledgling nation, it is not a well established form of government, it has it's problems, and the people are trying to deal with them as best they can as the learn by trial and error about democracy. In recent years Ukrainians have enjoyed their taste of freedom and are prepared to die for it.

I do not see this as Russians against Ukrainians type of conflict, but a conflict of an ex-KGB despotist against a free people and nothing more than that.
    It's crazy how many people keep falling for bogus garbage that's been coming out of the Kremlin since before 2014.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Liquidity in commodity markets is 'collapsing' and volatility is making it worse, says Goldman Sachs' head of commodity research​

Meanwhile, commodity prices are spiking as margin calls force short sellers to buy.

The above article actually contains news and the link works.
    “I’ve been doing this 30 years and I’ve never seen markets like this,” Currie said in a Bloomberg TV interview. “This is a molecule crisis. We’re out of everything, I don’t care if it’s oil, gas, coal, copper, aluminum, you name it we’re out of it.”
    He is talking about physically by the way,not on paper(which is why there are hundreds of billions in margin call in the last week and it is getting worse daily).

See margin calls happen. And something like https://trademarketsnews.com/what-is-the-commodity-derivatives-market/ implodes.

Last edited:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.

oooooh Putins not gonna be happy about that. Let’s see if he’s crazy enough to attack Poland or our base in Germany.

Wonder how many pilots Ukraine has left to fly them, or how many unbombed runways to fly from. Russia may not be doing well in the ground war, but I suspect they are more than capable of turning migs into scrap metal…hope Ukraine lasts long enough to use them and not get wiped out right away.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    oooooh Putins not gonna be happy about that. Let’s see if he’s crazy enough to attack Poland or our base in Germany.

Wonder how many pilots Ukraine has left to fly them, or how many unbombed runways to fly from. Russia may not be doing well in the ground war, but I suspect they are more than capable of turning migs into scrap metal…hope Ukraine lasts long enough to use them and not get wiped out right away.
    I was wondering the same thing.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Don't you know, never **** off your special operations forces...

Alternative take on the stalled convoy going to Kyiv...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I'm also wondering if Ukraine will only use them to defend their air space, or if a few planes could find their way to the Kremlin so say hi to Vlad.
    Not sure about range, Russian air defenses etc ...

The Ukrainian forces already fired missiles into Russian territory and destroyed a couple of Russian planes parked on a runway.

It's fair game to bomb the other side if you're being bombed.

It would bring us back to WW2 Allied raids over Germany.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom