Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I did not hear you mention Ukraine for the last 8 years of shelling,raping,kidnapping,sex trafficking,looting,and murder of civilians in Donbas and Donetsk. Over 10k known dead in those areas,mostly from shelling. Almost half of the Rada vanished or was found dead in the days following our sponsored Maiden revolution.
    Maybe you did not hear about the 7 million Ukrainians slathered by the Russian back Soviet Union during the last 100 years. The Donbas and Donestsk region was Russified during Stalin's time, Ukrainian's were executed, sent to Siberia and starved to death. Their proprieties we confiscated and given to Russian loyalists. After the fall of the Soviet Union and after the Russian puppets were removed from government during the Maidan Revolt, Russia sent operatives into the Donbas and Donestsk region, as well as Crimia to stir up trouble and lead an insurrection, when Ukraine retaliated in those regions, Russian moved to "stabilize" those areas by attempting to take over those areas. The succeeded in Crimea, but have not been successful in Donbas and Donestsk due to Ukrainian resistance.

Unfortunately this conflict be being fought on two fronts; The Military war and the Propaganda war, both sides are good at it and previously the truth has been had to find and it is now even more difficult if not impossible.

Ukraine is a fledgling nation, it is not a well established form of government, it has it's problems, and the people are trying to deal with them as best they can as the learn by trial and error about democracy. In recent years Ukrainians have enjoyed their taste of freedom and are prepared to die for it.

I do not see this as Russians against Ukrainians type of conflict, but a conflict of an ex-KGB despotist against a free people and nothing more than that.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    According to Gorbachev in the interview I linked to, Gorbachev understood that NATO not expanding to the east meant into the territory of the soon to be former DDR in a unified Germany, and in fact was in the context of the conversation that he was having with Secretary of State Baker
    In the article you posted
    Gorbachev"Today we need to admit that there is a crisis in European (and global) politics. One of the reasons, albeit not the only reason, is a lack of desire on the part of our Western partners to take Russia’s point of view and legal interests in security into consideration. They paid lip service to applauding Russia, especially during the Yeltsin years, but in deeds they didn’t consider it. I am referring primarily to NATO expansion, missile defense plans, the West’s actions in regions of importance to Russia (Yugoslavia, Iraq, Georgia, Ukraine). They literally said “This is none of your business.” As a result, an abscess formed and it burst.The decision for the U.S. and its allies to expand NATO into the east was decisively made in 1993. I called this a big mistake from the very beginning. It was definitely a violation of the spirit of the statements and assurances made to us in 1990s."
    With respect to Russia’s relations with Western Europe and the U.S., the first step is to abandon the logic of tit-for-tat accusations and sanctions. In my opinion, Russia has already taken that first step by refraining from tit-for-tat measures after the latest round of Western sanctions.First and foremost, I think they need to cancel these so-called personal sanctions. How can we conduct a dialogue if you are punishing the people who make the decisions and influence policy? We need to talk to each other. This is an axiom that has been forgotten, quite unfortunately."

He does say NATO was never legally enshrined to not expand,but Germany was and that NATO expansion "was defintely a violation of the spirit of the statements and assurances made to us in the 1990s"

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    and now global trading freezes and spasms.

The London Metal Exchange said it has suspended trading in its nickel market for the remainder of Tuesday, “following further unprecedented overnight increases in the three-month nickel price.”

Nickel surged as much as 111% during the trading day in Asia, according to data from Bloomberg, and traded briefly above $100,000 a ton.

LOOOOTS More margin calls,and China's 4th largest bank just imploded. Is Ukraine worth it to the world? Seems to be to most of the west. Why? Do you think we are making more friends or do you think we are making enemies? What about the citizens of the USA,do you think they are seeing a benefit from any action taken so far?

2022 "Man that ride was rough(2021),let's go for an easy landing and take a break."

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Interesting, I don’t have cable so only get to watch Fox when I’m somewhere that’s playing it.

Quite frankly it sounds like he has been reading my INGO comments for the last 10 days lol
    I don't have FOX but if you got internet then you got you tube.....I watch segments of FOX on it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    and now global trading freezes and spasms.

The London Metal Exchange said it has suspended trading in its nickel market for the remainder of Tuesday, “following further unprecedented overnight increases in the three-month nickel price.”

Nickel surged as much as 111% during the trading day in Asia, according to data from Bloomberg, and traded briefly above $100,000 a ton.

LOOOOTS More margin calls,and China's 4th largest bank just imploded. Is Ukraine worth it to the world? Seems to be to most of the west. Why? Do you think we are making more friends or do you think we are making enemies? What about the citizens of the USA,do you think they are seeing a benefit from any action taken so far?

2022 "Man that ride was rough(2021),let's go for an easy landing and take a break."

Get ready for the fallout. It’s not gonna be pretty.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Synthesis of various reporting... interesting bit of info I hadn't heard before.

FNBPgTLXEAAg-jc

Ukrainian troops seems to flooded the area north of Kyiv. That’s the reason why the Russian advance is stagnating there. #Ukraine #UkraineRussiaWar #Kyiv

Missed this part in the article, though I've seen it before...

This is not the worst part. In the phone call in which the FSB officer assigned to the 41st Army reports the death to his boss in Tula, he says they’ve lost all secure communications. Thus the phone call using a local sim card. Thus the intercept.

His boss, who makes a looong pause when he hears the news of Gerassimov’s death (before swearing), is Dmitry Shevchenko, a senior FSB officer from Tula. We identified him by searching for his phone (published by Ukrainian military Intel) in open source lookup apps.

In the call, you hear the Ukraine-based FSB officer ask his boss if he can talk via the secure Era system. The boss says Era is not working. Era is a super expensive cryptophone system that @mod_russia introduced in 2021 with great fanfare. It guaranteed work “in all conditions”

The idiots tried to use the Era cryptophones in Kharkiv, after destroying many 3g cell towers and also replacing others with stingrays. Era needs 3g/4g to communicate. The Russian army is equipped with secure phones that can’t work in areas where the Russian army operates.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Watch this....

Yep, lot's of disinformation out there... don't fall for it. Took me less than 5 minutes to find this.

HOW TO: grab a screen shot. crop to just the video. do an image search on google. (image I searched with provided below)

Original video:

deadcometolife.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom