Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't believe the Russian Propaganda.
    I never would have believed what I am seeing, the Russian army is being ground to death..

Key Takeaways

• Russian forces in Izyum are setting conditions to begin offensive operations southeast toward Slovyansk in the coming days to link up with other Russian forces in Donbas and encircle Ukrainian defenders.
    • Russian forces in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts continue to make little to no progress and face mounting casualties and declining morale. Replacements and reinforcements from northeastern Ukraine are highly unlikely to meaningfully change the balance of forces.
    • Efforts by Russian forces advancing from Izyum to capture Slovyansk and threaten Ukrainian forces in Donbas with encirclement will likely prove to be the next pivotal battle of the war in Ukraine. If Russian forces are unable to take Slovyansk, Russia’s campaign to capture the entirety of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts will likely fail.
    • The defenders of Mariupol have outperformed ISW’s previous estimates, and Russian forces are likely taking heavy casualties in ongoing efforts to capture the city.
    • Ukrainian forces likely conducted successful counterattacks in Kherson Oblast in the last 24 hours.
    • Russian forces have almost completely withdrawn from Chernihiv and Sumy oblasts and will likely completely vacate these regions in the coming days.
    • Russian forces withdrawn from the Kyiv axis are highly unlikely to be effectively deployed elsewhere in Ukraine and are likely a spent force.

Russian forces already deployed to the Kremlin’s main effort in eastern Ukraine are highly demoralized and do not have a cohesive command structure. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that Russian forces are attempting to create an operational group and expand control structures to “prepare for an offensive operation in eastern Ukraine” and are continuing to deploy additional forces to eastern Ukraine.[1] Russian officers will struggle to develop a new command structure from highly damaged units while simultaneously attempting to continue offensive operations. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that losses of the 33rd, 255th, and 294th Motor Rifle Regiments of the 20th Motor Rifle Division (part of the 8th Combined Arms Army and likely active in fighting in Donbas or Mariupol) amounted to up to 40% of equipment and personnel, and surviving servicemen are attempting to leave the military.[2] Ukraine’s Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) separately reported that it acquired a document signed by Deputy Southern Military District commander Pyotr Gibert indicating that Russian officers are compensating their troops with the promise of additional leave days due to the inability to pay promised monthly salaries in cash.[3]

Russian efforts to generate reserves and replace officer casualties continue to face serious challenges. The Ukrainian General Staff stated that the Russian military is deploying students and educators at higher military educational institutions directly to Ukraine to replace mounting officer casualties.[4] The deployment of untrained officers—and more crucially educational staff—to the war in Ukraine will impede the Russian military’s ability to develop its next generation of officers for years to come. The General Staff additionally reported on April 4 that the Kremlin began “hidden mobilization” measures to send approximately 60,000 personnel to Ukraine.[5] The General Staff stated the Kremlin is prioritizing reservists of all ranks who already have combat experience, particularly in Krasnodar Krai, Perm Oblast, the Dagestan Republic, Ingushetia, and Kalmykia.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't really believe what comes from both sides.

The only thing I'm "reasonably" sure of, is that Russia did NOT defeat Ukraine in 3-7 days.

Which means when I thought they Russians "might" have been using the convoy as bait, musta been wrong.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Don't believe the Russian Propaganda.
    I never would have believed what I am seeing, the Russian army is being ground to death..

Key Takeaways

• Russian forces in Izyum are setting conditions to begin offensive operations southeast toward Slovyansk in the coming days to link up with other Russian forces in Donbas and encircle Ukrainian defenders.
    • Russian forces in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts continue to make little to no progress and face mounting casualties and declining morale. Replacements and reinforcements from northeastern Ukraine are highly unlikely to meaningfully change the balance of forces.
    • Efforts by Russian forces advancing from Izyum to capture Slovyansk and threaten Ukrainian forces in Donbas with encirclement will likely prove to be the next pivotal battle of the war in Ukraine. If Russian forces are unable to take Slovyansk, Russia’s campaign to capture the entirety of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts will likely fail.
    • The defenders of Mariupol have outperformed ISW’s previous estimates, and Russian forces are likely taking heavy casualties in ongoing efforts to capture the city.
    • Ukrainian forces likely conducted successful counterattacks in Kherson Oblast in the last 24 hours.
    • Russian forces have almost completely withdrawn from Chernihiv and Sumy oblasts and will likely completely vacate these regions in the coming days.
    • Russian forces withdrawn from the Kyiv axis are highly unlikely to be effectively deployed elsewhere in Ukraine and are likely a spent force.

Russian forces already deployed to the Kremlin’s main effort in eastern Ukraine are highly demoralized and do not have a cohesive command structure. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that Russian forces are attempting to create an operational group and expand control structures to “prepare for an offensive operation in eastern Ukraine” and are continuing to deploy additional forces to eastern Ukraine.[1] Russian officers will struggle to develop a new command structure from highly damaged units while simultaneously attempting to continue offensive operations. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that losses of the 33rd, 255th, and 294th Motor Rifle Regiments of the 20th Motor Rifle Division (part of the 8th Combined Arms Army and likely active in fighting in Donbas or Mariupol) amounted to up to 40% of equipment and personnel, and surviving servicemen are attempting to leave the military.[2] Ukraine’s Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) separately reported that it acquired a document signed by Deputy Southern Military District commander Pyotr Gibert indicating that Russian officers are compensating their troops with the promise of additional leave days due to the inability to pay promised monthly salaries in cash.[3]

Russian efforts to generate reserves and replace officer casualties continue to face serious challenges. The Ukrainian General Staff stated that the Russian military is deploying students and educators at higher military educational institutions directly to Ukraine to replace mounting officer casualties.[4] The deployment of untrained officers—and more crucially educational staff—to the war in Ukraine will impede the Russian military’s ability to develop its next generation of officers for years to come. The General Staff additionally reported on April 4 that the Kremlin began “hidden mobilization” measures to send approximately 60,000 personnel to Ukraine.[5] The General Staff stated the Kremlin is prioritizing reservists of all ranks who already have combat experience, particularly in Krasnodar Krai, Perm Oblast, the Dagestan Republic, Ingushetia, and Kalmykia.
    Will Russia be left with a military capable of defending itself conventionally? I would worry if I were in the Kremlin inner circle.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I don't really believe what comes from both sides.

The only thing I'm "reasonably" sure of, is that Russia did NOT defeat Ukraine in 3-7 days.

Which means when I thought they Russians "might" have been using the convoy as bait, musta been wrong.
    I am pretty sure the Russians didn't capture a US General. That is laughable. :):

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I for one am truly surprised that @Big Red hasn't received a phone call with a heavy Russian accent asking to take him up on his offer.

Note: @Big Red, make the heavy accent pay you in gold at the price on February 22nd, 2022... ;)

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hot take: Russia could be pulling back to consolidate their opposition. The larger the area the harder it is to kill remaining soldiers due to the use of unconventional tactics.

Also just watched “Darkest Hour” we could well soon see ourselves repeating history with the chamberlain situation prior to Churchill.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I for one am truly surprised that @Big Red hasn't received a phone call with a heavy Russian accent asking to take him up on his offer.

Note: @Big Red, make the heavy accent pay you in gold at the price on February 22nd, 2022... ;)

No way in Hell I'm taking cash!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe someone should be conducting a PsyOp, letting those soldiers from the Chernobyl area troops know about their Command letting them dig around into radioactive soil.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Morons. The deserve it.

You dont accept "gifts" from those you are oppressing and/or trying to kill.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Morons. The deserve it.

You dont accept "gifts" from those you are oppressing and/or trying to kill.

That was pretty stupid.

But then again, soldiers/marines/sailors/airmen have chased some "tail", only to disappear.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    When the coners (non-nukes, people in the "cone" of the sub) came aft for sub quals (dolphins) we told them the whole nuclear program was just a smoke screen to cover our secret powerful squirrels or hamsters.
    It was simpler to explain. And if they were smart, they'd figure out the lie in a minute or so.
    Circle-W used squirrels?
    GE used hamsters?
    What did CE use on Tullibee?

:dunno:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It has surprised me that the Russians did so poorly. They over ran Army Group Center in 1944 in a few weeks with much slower armor and air assets, but they clearly knew how to coordinate infantry, artillery, armor and air 80 years ago. For armed forces that lived, ate, and breathed tank doctrine it seems they have forgotten much.

Frunze academy must be teaching some sort of woke tank doctrine these days.
    Well, that was a long time ago. Some of the lessons may have been forgotten. SOme of the Russian Army commanders may have been arrogant and underestimated their enemy, weapons and tactics. In WW2 the Germans were often under orders not to give up territory so it was somewhat easier to overwhelm them iwht numbers. It's not clear to me that the Russians today had the same overwhelming numbers on their side. I don't have any insight to the tactics of the Ukraine Army, but they may have been allowed to defend flexibly. Hit a Russian column in the front, force them to deploy to attack, then fall back and snipe from the sides, and do it all over again a few kilometers down the road.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What is a war crime?

In light of recent events and many accusations of war crimes during the Ukrainian conflict I ask this question.

See the video below, is killing journalists and people without weapons a war crime? What about killing people trying to use a van as an ambulance to try to save survivors of the attack? What if the makeshift ambulance has kids in it? Imagine how our media would portray this is this was Russian footage…..

This story contains the official US govt statement about what happened

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    What is a war crime?

In light of recent events and many accusations of war crimes during the Ukrainian conflict I ask this question.

See the video below, is killing journalists and people without weapons a war crime? What about killing people trying to use a van as an ambulance to try to save survivors of the attack? What if the makeshift ambulance has kids in it? Imagine how our media would portray this is this was Russian footage…..

Doesn't look good, but missing context.

Is this a good synopsis, a fire fight was happening near by, US vehicles/personnel needed to move through that area, and there was a group of "military aged men" acting suspiciously when viewed long distance from an apache helicopter gun sight.

That incident isn't lining people up, kneeling them down and shooting them in the back of the head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom