Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently, Ukraine disagrees with the Biden administration that an invasion is imminent, and that the US is playing into Putin's plan to destabilize the region by escalating the tensions.

If Ukrainian officials believe that then Biden should take the opportunity to back off and let them take the lead in protecting their own sovereignty.

They are giving us an out by suggesting that we aren't helping the situation by overreacting. I agree with their assessment. Let them handle it. I would add one thing more though and that is do they feel that we are overreacting by sending more weaponry as well?

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok so let’s play this out. Russia is willing to go damn near total war while Americans don’t have the stomach for it.

Russia invades Ukraine. 8000 US soldiers are sent to push them back. Russia activates assets on the lower 48 to cause chaos, I’m talking about messing with the power grid, water supply and communications equipment. Grocery stores empty, grandma on O2 dies, millions in hospital or on other kinds of care die when the diesel runs out in hospital generators. The poop literally starts to run downhill bc lift stations are out of power.
    The news will blame domestic terrorism and the boogaloo boys, russia won’t even take the blame.

Meanwhile our 8k boys in Ukraine are dealing with the spring thaw and all the problems that it brings with it unable to get full support of reinforcements bc of the problems back home.

Putin and the Russian people have the stomach for that kind of thing. We don’t, that’s a fact.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Boris: How do you like freezing your arse off on Ukrainian border, Demitri?

Demitri: Beats the **** out of Siberia.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok so let’s play this out. Russia is willing to go damn near total war while Americans don’t have the stomach for it.

Russia invades Ukraine. 8000 US soldiers are sent to push them back. Russia activates assets on the lower 48 to cause chaos, I’m talking about messing with the power grid, water supply and communications equipment. Grocery stores empty, grandma on O2 dies, millions in hospital or on other kinds of care die when the diesel runs out in hospital generators. The poop literally starts to run downhill bc lift stations are out of power.
    The news will blame domestic terrorism and the boogaloo boys, russia won’t even take the blame.

Meanwhile our 8k boys in Ukraine are dealing with the spring thaw and all the problems that it brings with it unable to get full support of reinforcements bc of the problems back home.

Putin and the Russian people have the stomach for that kind of thing. We don’t, that’s a fact.
    It should never have escalated to this point. The US is playing right into Putin's plan to destabilize Eastern Europe and domestically here in the US. The wind should've been taken out of Putin's sails by not taking the bait in the first place. The number one goal for Russia and China is destabilization and so far, it looks like it's working.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It should never have escalated to this point. The US is playing right into Putin's plan to destabilize Eastern Europe and domestically here in the US. The wind should've been taken out of Putin's sails by not taking the bait in the first place. The number one goal for Russia and China is destabilization and so far, it looks like it's working.
    I’d agree with this. China is pushing the destabilizing agenda hard via tik tok. I’m getting all kinds of Ukrainian propaganda on my feed now and I doubt that’s a coincidence

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’d agree with this. China is pushing the destabilizing agenda hard via tik tok. I’m getting all kinds of Ukrainian propaganda on my feed now and I doubt that’s a coincidence
    I have no doubt that China and Russia are working in concert. They know that the US is weak right now and they are trying to push us over the brink with this Ukraine thing and I feel that is why it makes it all the more important to back away from being drawn into further escalating tensions by overreacting. Apparently, Ukraine feels the same way. It's not worth further degradation of our country over Ukraine especially coming off our protracted entanglements in the ME.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Surely we can all agree that if we let Putin have his Sudetenlands, he will be satisfied and we can all return to normal.
    Putin finds justification for their actions through NATO's advancement surrounding their borders. I'm not suggesting that Ukraine should be given to them but rather the Russians should not be given a reason for their own advancements.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I hope we`ll always seek God`s blessing by helping Israel. And isn`t it too funny: Satan`s people calling us Satan.
    God looks with favor upon those that aid the chosen.

Last edited:

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have no doubt that China and Russia are working in concert. They know that the US is weak right now and they are trying to push us over the brink with this Ukraine thing and I feel that is why it makes it all the more important to back away from being drawn into further escalating tensions by overreacting. Apparently, Ukraine feels the same way. It's not worth further degradation of our country over Ukraine especially coming off our protracted entanglements in the ME.

Agreed. If China and Russia are coordinating behind the scenes, maybe this Ukraine thing is a distraction we’ll get tangled up in, then just like a velociraptor you didn’t even know was there, the real threat will come in the Pacific by China on Taiwan.

However it plays out, it is only possible because our enemies see US as country of weak people that elected a corpse as President.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How do you think this should go then? What moves would you make if war gaming this out on the American side?
    I would pull all of our troops back home. We just need to trust that Putin's expressed desire of returning all of the former countries of the USSR is all he wants and will leave the rest of them alone. Okay, we might have to let them have those other countries they used to control as well. But I am sure that would be it. And we really need to stop antagonizing China as well. We have no business sticking our nose into that sphere either.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    At the end of the day, both need a somewhat strong America to play the balancing game when their interests invariably shift.

Unless one of them actually thinks they have the resources and determination to play global hegemon. They're wildly optimistic if that's the case.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So what goal would Russia achieve in destabilizing Eastern Europe? Chaos on their borders would seem to me to be a bad thing for mother Russia but a very good thing for a foundering, age-addled, dementia patient with terrible approval ratings.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So what goal would Russia achieve in destabilizing Eastern Europe? Chaos on their borders would seem to me to be a bad thing for mother Russia but a very good thing for a foundering, age-addled, dementia patient with terrible approval ratings.
    Ask Ukraine that. They seem to think that is what Russia is trying to do and the US isn't helping by escalating tensions in the region by overreacting. I guess it could also be said then that the US is also contributing to a destabilizing effect. In other words, we need to butt out.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Ask Ukraine that. They seem to think that is what Russia is trying to do and the US isn't helping by escalating tensions in the region by overreacting. I guess it could also be said then that the US is also contributing to a destabilizing effect. In other words, we need to butt out.
    Destabilizing other governments doesn't necessarily lead to chaos, but may prevent those governments from acting in concert against Russian interests, or in their own interests.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Destabilizing other governments doesn't necessarily lead to chaos, but may prevent those governments from acting in concert against Russian interests, or in their own interests.
    So, I take it you agree that by destabilizing other governments it would be beneficial to Russia to prevent them from having the capacity to act in concert against Russian interests?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom