Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, I take it you agree that by destabilizing other governments it would be beneficial to Russia to prevent them from having the capacity to act in concert against Russian interests?
    Destabilizing other governments doesn't necessarily lead to chaos, but may prevent those governments from acting in concert against Russian interests, or in their own interests.
    Destabilizing governments is done to enrich certain individuals and or exploit a country’s natural resources.

In this case, should the USA continue to be destabilized China will extract wealth via imports and resources via Chinese companies buying controlling interests in companies that control our natural resources.

Russia on the other hand will be free to extract wealth from Europe by exporting gas (and once they have Ukraine, wheat and steel) to Europe.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Destabilizing governments is done to enrich certain individuals and or exploit a country’s natural resources.

In this case, should the USA continue to be destabilized China will extract wealth via imports and resources via Chinese companies buying controlling interests in companies that control our natural resources.

Russia on the other hand will be free to extract wealth from Europe by exporting gas (and once they have Ukraine, wheat and steel) to Europe.
    I posted my comment because AtMurph asked what the purpose would be for a Russian destabilization effort. I think cobber provided another scenario which is also a possibility.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ask Ukraine that. They seem to think that is what Russia is trying to do and the US isn't helping by escalating tensions in the region by overreacting. I guess it could also be said then that the US is also contributing to a destabilizing effect. In other words, we need to butt out.
    Ukraine seems to think that the US is creating something that isn't anything. Nothing that Russia has done has changed in over a year.

Why suddenly is it a 'crisis' that every American knows about when the rest of the world doesn't give a crap about?

Maybe the answer is that there isn't a crisis, except in the leadership of the US that needs a distraction and to be seen as being tough with big, bad Russia? maybe go in and kill a few people and say they were Russians looking to do something bad? That seems to generate some good feelings for those in charge from the people who like that bad guys got killed (whether they are bad or not).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ukraine seems to think that the US is creating something that isn't anything. Nothing that Russia has done has changed in over a year.

Why suddenly is it a 'crisis' that every American knows about when the rest of the world doesn't give a crap about?

Maybe the answer is that there isn't a crisis, except in the leadership of the US that needs a distraction and to be seen as being tough with big, bad Russia? maybe go in and kill a few people and say they were Russians looking to do something bad? That seems to generate some good feelings for those in charge from the people who like that bad guys got killed (whether they are bad or not).
    The bottom line is that I think Ukraine is feeling slighted by the Biden administration and NATO barging in and shoving them out of the way just to confront Russia thereby making the situation even worse than it really ought to be in their estimation.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Surely we can all agree that if we let Putin have his Sudetenlands, he will be satisfied and we can all return to normal.

I'm not sure how that's going to improve their bottom line. 45% of the russian economy is built on selling oil to europe.

If they destabilize europe, how would their economy survive? You're thinking in old world terms.
    You also need to remember, it's unwise for this country to enter a serious conflict with a dementia patient at the helm.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The bottom line is that I think Ukraine is feeling slighted by the Biden administration and NATO barging in and shoving them out of the way just to confront Russia thereby making the situation even worse than it really ought to be in their estimation.
    I think Ukraine is saying several things:

1) The US propaganda regarding Russia is inaccurate and designed to inflame tensions artificially.
    2) Ukraine doesn't want to be laid to waste because the US administration is so poorly perceived.
    3) Ukraine leadership is probably sitting there thinking, the US installed us and now they seem to be hanging us out to get run over my the Russian Army. if they got rid of the last regime they can certainly get rid of us.
    4) Ukraine's leadership should be compiling as much dirt on the POTUS and Family as possible. Maybe they can offer Assange asylum?

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    If they destabilize europe, how would their economy survive?
    It’s kind of funny when political adversaries do that. I mean, China wants to destroy us and take over the globe, but they rely on us for what, 60% of their economy? The Middle East would return to the dark ages of we stopped importing their oil (and stopped leaving weapons around and dropping pallets and briefcases of cash like a sailor on leave) but they also want to destroy the Great Satan.

I’m not arguing for or against anything as foreign policy is definitely one of my weaker points, all I know is 40+ years ago I was told I’d grow up and fly around a shining city wearing a jet pack and so far all I have is multinational corporations and governments continuing to keep me and family in a perpetual state of debt slavery and indentured servitude.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It’s kind of funny when political adversaries do that. I mean, China wants to destroy us and take over the globe, but they rely on us for what, 60% of their economy? The Middle East would return to the dark ages of we stopped importing their oil (and stopped leaving weapons around and dropping pallets and briefcases of cash like a sailor on leave) but they also want to destroy the Great Satan.

I’m not arguing for or against anything as foreign policy is definitely one of my weaker points, all I know is 40+ years ago I was told I’d grow up and fly around a shining city wearing a jet pack and so far all I have is multinational corporations and governments continuing to keep me and family in a perpetual state of debt slavery and indentured servitude.

I don't think china wants to destroy us in such a sense. They want to destroy our government and install a more stable government so that there's long term stability for economic exchange. They hate our elections and constant flip flopping as it's bad for economic exchange.

China's version of taking over the globe is more like making every political situation in every country as stagnant as possible so that there's no disruptions in trade. And also disappearing anyone trying to cause trouble, as that's bad for trade.

Like I tell people, you can't think of them like you would a human. Think of them like a computer AI with a singular goal in mind.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not sure how that's going to improve their bottom line. 45% of the russian economy is built on selling oil to europe.

If they destabilize europe, how would their economy survive? You're thinking in old world terms.
    You also need to remember, it's unwise for this country to enter a serious conflict with a dementia patient at the helm.
    The Ukraine used to be known as the bread basket of the USSR. They fed most of Russia back in the day.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I find myself at the point where I don't want to hear about anything from the "news". We've seen in our lifetime what the Dems do when they are in power. I haven't seen a single situation that they have don't right. They are the opposite of what the American citizen wants. I've come to expect it, and what can we do about it? Vote? Lol. They'll just have that many mail in ballots waiting in trucks at 3 a.m. lol. The most powerful military in history. More powerful than any of us knows... And they left people behind. This Ukraine situation will be screwed up big time by Biden and his handlers. It just will. And then the next thing will come along and they'll screw that up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    FKCdbgjXsAII7Md

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So what makes you think they'd move on to europe?
    I don't know that they would. Putin has said he thinks the USSR should have held on to what they had before Gorbachev. He might want to take all of that back, he might just be talking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom