Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think Ukraine is saying several things:

1) The US propaganda regarding Russia is inaccurate and designed to inflame tensions artificially.
    2) Ukraine doesn't want to be laid to waste because the US administration is so poorly perceived.
    3) Ukraine leadership is probably sitting there thinking, the US installed us and now they seem to be hanging us out to get run over my the Russian Army. if they got rid of the last regime they can certainly get rid of us.
    4) Ukraine's leadership should be compiling as much dirt on the POTUS and Family as possible. Maybe they can offer Assange asylum?
    This is what I'm waiting on. Maybe the Biden's have gotten all they are going to get from them, or they've moved on to a better deal?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't know that they would. Putin has said he thinks the USSR should have held on to what they had before Gorbachev. He might want to take all of that back, he might just be talking.

Maybe, but I think he's a relatively intelligent man.

If anything is being taken it's going to need to be for major economic reasons, and not rock the boat too much, as to not threaten their economic situation.

The situation seems to establish pretty good self correction without intervention, IMO.

The time to do something was long before they had 90k+ troops on the border and a big spotlight on the world stage.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    all I know is 40+ years ago I was told I’d grow up and fly around a shining city wearing a jet pack and so far all I have is multinational corporations and governments continuing to keep me and family in a perpetual state of debt slavery and indentured servitude.
    QFT!!!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ceasefire is good, right...

From the Soviet point of view, I can see why they would not want countries bordering them to join NATO.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just read that Germany sent 5000 helmets to Ukraine. First question, are these the Kaiser helmets with the point on them?

One of the Klitschko brothers is mayor of Kiev. He asked what kind of support will Germany send next, pillows?

On Fox News.com, INGO on the phone and news on the PC. Sorry no link.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ceasefire is good, right...

From the Soviet point of view, I can see why they would not want countries bordering them to join NATO.

They're Russians, not Soviets.

And the USA promised the Russians/Soviets - twice - that NATO would never expand east as one of the conditions for the reunification of Germany.

That the USA doesn't keep its well documented promises is a problem. We are the country that is not trustworthy. And that's pathetic.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They're Russians, not Soviets.

And the USA promised the Russians/Soviets - twice - that NATO would never expand east as one of the conditions for the reunification of Germany.

That the USA doesn't keep its well documented promises is a problem. We are he country that is not trustworthy. And that's pathetic.

I think it's that a lot of older people were traumatized by the cold war and can't understand that it ended, the soviet union collapsed, and we're dealing with a different situation today.

The fear was what made the cold war so dangerous, and those fears were pretty well unjustified on both sides of the fence, now that we can look back on the situation.

The story of the mig-25 is a prime example. We thought it was a hyper maneuverable super fighter, so we invested crazy money and research to build a plane to fight it, the F-15. Then thanks to a defector, we were able to get ahold of a mig-25 and we learned it really couldn't do much of anything.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I think it's that a lot of older people were traumatized by the cold war and can't understand that it ended, the soviet union collapsed, and we're dealing with a different situation today.

The fear was what made the cold war so dangerous, and those fears were pretty well unjustified on both sides of the fence, now that we can look back on the situation.

The story of the mig-25 is a prime example. We thought it was a hyper maneuverable super fighter, so we invested crazy money and research to build a plane to fight it, the F-15. Then thanks to a defector, we were able to get ahold of a mig-25 and we learned it really couldn't do much of anything.
    it was a constructed narrative to get us to buy trillion dollar military systems that were and are not needed. as a kid growing up during the cold war, I could never understand WTF we were supposed to be afraid of. The Soviets were going to nuke us into a pile of glass and then what? They were going to wake up and be a pile of glass too?

Same sort of crap we get fed about little, tiny, insignificant North Korea. We're supposed to be afraid that North Korea shoots some sh!tty missile 75 miles out into the ocean? LOL, We need more BOMBERS!

The Soviets were never going to nuke us. NK is never going to nuke us. Nobody is ever going to do anything to us unless we mess with them first. You don't just go down the street, knock on someone's door and punch them in the face when they answer. The idea that we need a million man army, with trillions of dollars of equipment to "keep us safe" has always been a lie.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    it was a constructed narrative to get us to buy trillion dollar military systems that were and are not needed. as a kid growing up during the cold war, I could never understand WTF we were supposed to be afraid of. The Soviets where going to nuke us into a pile of glass and then what? They were going to wake up and be a pile of glass too?

Same sort of crap we get fed about little, tiny, insignificant North Korea. We're supposed to be afraid that North Korea shoots some sh!tty missile 75 miles out into the ocean? LOL, We need more BOMBERS!

The Soviets were never going to nuke us. NK is never going to nuke us. Nobody is ever going to do anything to us unless we mess with them first. You don't just go down the street, knock on someone's door and punch them in the face when they answer. The idea that we need a million man army, with trillions of dollars of equipment to "keep us safe" has always been a lie.
    I'm glad you can feel that way.

But be realistic. You can feel that way because dedicated men and women were willing to do violence on your behalf.

Communist regimes have an extremely low valuation of the life of their citizens. Don't think for a moment they would hesitate to use force if the leadership believes it will survive and retain power.

Oh, and the Soviet Union didn't "just go away", you can bet the largely self funded elements of their alphabet agencies just went looking for a new benefactor (China, NK...).

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm glad you can feel that way.

But be realistic. You can feel that way because dedicated men and women were willing to do violence on your behalf.

Communist regimes have an extremely low valuation of the life of their citizens. Don't think for a moment they would hesitate to use force if the leadership believes it will survive and retain power.

Oh, and the Soviet Union didn't "just go away", you can bet the largely self funded elements of their alphabet agencies just went looking for a new benefactor (China, NK...).

Russia is more capitalist than the US is today.

The closest nation to the old soviet union is north korea. But they're about 60 years behind on technology.

Russian military equipment is hilariously far behind US equipment in everything except surface to air missiles. The only real capabilities they have against us are largely defensive. They have NO, and I mean absolutely NO chance of getting ANYTHING onto US soil unless we invite them in.

Compare how many aircraft carriers they have to ours. Then remember their planes are at best comparable to our planes from the 1960.

Now china, on the other hand, is building a navy in an attempt to rival ours. They are also working out stealth technology that seems to actually work, thanks to "allies" likely leaking information to them.
    Russia is a big distraction from the actual danger.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom