• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Last question....I promise! Why the want for a .45 model over the 9mm ?

I can see the brace helping with control if your’re using thumper 10mm loads for sure though....

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Because 'Murica. :patriot:

Also, I've already got an uber-tactical 9mm braced pistol.

And if you've ever seen an expanded HST .45 next to an expanded HST 9mm, you'd know why. With 26 round Glock-compatible mags available, that's a lot of big holes in whatever needs big holes at the moment.

Also, because 'Murica. :)

Also, 10mm ain't nothing but .40 +P. :):

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

And if you've ever seen an expanded HST .45 next to an expanded HST 9mm, you'd know why. With 26 round Glock-compatible mags available, that's a lot of big holes in whatever needs big holes at the moment.

:rockwoot:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

I can see the brace helping with control if your’re using thumper 10mm loads for sure though....

Part of it is that options for 9mm PCCs are plentiful while options for reasonably priced, higher capacity .45 PCCs are pretty limited.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Part of it is that options for 9mm PCCs are plentiful while options for reasonably priced, higher capacity .45 PCCs are pretty limited.

This. Plenty of 9mm options but there’s not many in 45s outside of the easy route of making one in an AR platform or variant.

Vector, LWRC SMG, B&T GHM/APC Pro, HK USC to UMP conversion. There’s just not many cool 45 sub guns out there and the ones out there are pricey

I really want a SMG but the buyers premium on them right now is keeping me away plus not knowing they’ll run with a 3 lug silencer is kinda a disadvantage. I went with the GHM 45 for the time being (plus the compactness over the SMG is awesome).

Magazine cost for 45 sub guns are also expensive. My B&T mags are about $100ea. UMP mags are a tad “cheaper”

Vector taking Glock mags is nice especially since Kriss has factory extended 45 mags. If Ruger could do this little guy in a 45 taking Glock mags, should do well

and needs said again

Merica

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Yep. Ruger would own the market with a PC Charger in .45 caliber that takes Glock compatible mags. I really can't think of any braced pistol in .45 with a 7" - 10" barrel, although there may be an expensive low-production model out there that I'm missing.

Bonus points if it comes with a mag well block that works with 1911 mags. :chuck:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yep. Ruger would own the market with a PC Charger in .45 caliber that takes Glock compatible mags. I really can't think of any braced pistol in .45 with a 7" - 10" barrel, although there may be an expensive low-production model out there that I'm missing.

Bonus points if it comes with a mag well block that works with 1911 mags. :chuck:

CMMG makes a nice one that takes G***k mags. I bought the 10mm version with 8" barrel, and it's awesome, but prices are a little salty. I'm watching this thread because I'm interested in either a 9 or 45 in the same basic format. An 8" or 10" 9 or 45 gains you 100 to 200 fps over a 5" model, and makes it more of an intermediate-distance-capable firearm, IMO.

Here's the CMMG 45: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861932611 They have a couple cheaper versions, but this one has all the nice hardware goodies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    CMMG makes a nice one that takes G***k mags. I bought the 10mm version with 8" barrel, and it's awesome, but prices are a little salty. I'm watching this thread because I'm interested in either a 9 or 45 in the same basic format. An 8" or 10" 9 or 45 gains you 100 to 200 fps over a 5" model, and makes it more of an intermediate-distance-capable firearm, IMO.

Here's the CMMG 45: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861932611 They have a couple cheaper versions, but this one has all the nice hardware goodies.

$1325? Yeah...no. :):

$600-700 is more my speed for a limited-use braced pistol, as neat as they are. If I'm going over a grand, I'm looking at rifle caliber carbines/PDWs.

Bonus for the PC Charger is that it doesn't look like another friggin' AR. :)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Suppressor potential, too. A .45 sub is one quiet, chunky boy.

But mainly I want one for that modern Thompson/Grease Gun vibe. For 'Murica's Caliber, the subgun pickings are surprisingly slim and expensive. Where's the working man's .45 subgun?

What a little hearing-safe thumper it would be with a .45 can, a 510c, and plastic fantastic Glock 'stendo.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Am I the only one that thinks these guns (the carbine and the pistol) are hideous? I think it is the receiver that throws me off. Not talking value or quality or performance. Just looks.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Am I the only one that thinks these guns (the carbine and the pistol) are hideous? I think it is the receiver that throws me off. Not talking value or quality or performance. Just looks.

It’s no MP5 but I do think this version is much more attractive than the original.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Nope, I’m with you. For me it’s the grease gun style magazine well that is separate from the trigger guard. Most rifle-ish platforms have the mag well integrated into the trigger guard. The lines look funny to me. Also the lack of a full length rail on top. I do kind of like the take down aspect, make it easy to clean.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

The carbine, at least, looks a lot better with a 10 or 15 round mag instead of the 30 rounders, especially with the addition of a 1-4x VX-R scope and a Surefire 300 light. IMO, of course. I'll have to post a pic. (but they're not a beautiful piece, no matter what you do). My carbine does shoot great, though, so it's looks are growing on me.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My big reservation is with the takedown mechanism. I found it to be awful on my 10/22 TD, reciever mounted optics were useless because of wandering and inconsistent zero. It's just fundamentally not a good idea to not permenantly install the barrel to the receiver. The TD mechanism also introduces unnecessary bulk and weight.

I don't know why Ruger is dead set on TD for the PC platform. Hoping everyone sticks to plinking at 20 yards with irons and won't notice it?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Nope, I’m with you. For me it’s the grease gun style magazine well that is separate from the trigger guard. Most rifle-ish platforms have the mag well integrated into the trigger guard. The lines look funny to me. Also the lack of a full length rail on top. I do kind of like the take down aspect, make it easy to clean.

Heck, looking at it again, I could even get over the separate mag well if it was just straight down versus cocking back at an angle. I get it though, for proper feeding. I just think it’s ugly, LOL

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    My big reservation is with the takedown mechanism. I found it to be awful on my 10/22 TD, reciever mounted optics were useless because of wandering and inconsistent zero. It's just fundamentally not a good idea to not permenantly install the barrel to the receiver. The TD mechanism also introduces unnecessary bulk and weight.

I don't know why Ruger is dead set on TD for the PC platform. Hoping everyone sticks to plinking at 20 yards with irons and won't notice it?

Just spitballin', but would cleaning the takedown threads real well and assembling the barrel to the reciever with red or some other high temp loctite work? Or maybe, and it won't be very pretty, could you just mig a small bead in a couple of spots to lock everything together permanently? Neither one would help with the weight though...

Top Bottom