• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Not following about the store with the sign…?
    I’m completely against what BLM was doing. The officers actions against Blake were good imo, so I’m against all the rioting and think the demonstrations were mislead. No in between for me either.
    But I don’t link KR with BLM the way I think you are; the “they” doesn’t include KR, for me. Just because he may have rendered aid to a rioter doesn’t only make him on one side to me. Just because he yelled friendly doesn’t mean he meant it, now does it?( he shot them) It did work, I would say. A pedo, a rapist, a thief, won’t do that again, and he is alive.

I think he was trying to make them them feel like he was with them, but he was not sincere in that, any farther than some basic emt help. Life preservation only.

Editing to add: concerning life preservation and your claim of it didn’t work; haha yea from the bad guys perspective you are certainly right. Just not how I am think of it.
    It also doesn't mean he wasn't on their side either. It doesn't mean he wasn't friendly with their beliefs either.

For me it boils down to he says and his actions show he was rendering first aid to people who were trying to damage and burn as much as they could, And I would be flat out pissed if I caught one of my children doing that or wanting to do that.

Edit: my point with the sign is that claiming "friendly" to hopefully keep them from turning on you, is no different to me than someone putting a BLM sign in their store window in hopes it will keep them from looting/destroying it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I think he was trying to make them them feel like he was with them, but he was not sincere in that, any farther than some basic emt help. Life preservation only.

I think he was trying to identify himself as a friendly (neutral) party to render aid so not to get attacked.

Sorta like a battlefield medic has a red cross, only verbal.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I’ve been lurking these forums for a long time and I’ve never commented. But now I am. I can’t go through all of the pages In this thread, but am I wrong for thinking that isn’t just about rittenhouse, but it’s everyone’s right to defend themselves on trial?
    That appears to be most 2A defenders' take on it. This was clearly a political case, brought because Rittenhouse had the gall to be prepared to defend himself from potentially (!) violent rioters and then had the unmitigated gall to actually defend himself with a firearm when attacked.

He was fortunate that so many people were videoing the events and posting them online.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I gotta admit i was wrong about this. Not sure i shared my opinion on here but from everything i read which now has been proven completely untrue I was fooled. I never thought he was a murderer but thought he drove up there looking for trouble and found it. I still think whomever asked him to be there put a child in an extremely dangerous situation. I dont agree with that but he handled himself well. Looking at all the information that came out in the trial im glad he was found innocent of everything.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    That appears to be most 2A defenders' take on it. This was clearly a political case, brought because Rittenhouse had the gall to be prepared to defend himself from potentially (!) violent rioters and then had the unmitigated gall to actually defend himself with a firearm when attacked.

He was fortunate that so many people were videoing the events and posting them online.
    Yeah, I feel that without the video he would have been at a significant disadvantage. Most self defense situations are 1:1, this involved two deaths, a reckless endangerment, and a disarming(literally). Every single one of them were their own counts, with lesser charges included from a legal perspective. The only other cases I can even think of with these kinds of outcomes are active shooter events.

I disagree with your thought though (and most KR supporters) that felt this case should have not been brought to trial, it is very unique and there were a lot of circumstances around it that made it prosecutable. When they decided to prosecute, I believe the prosecutors expected to find more than they did regarding his background and intentions. I was suspicious as well and he definitely put himself in a position to be a potential victim of violence. If Kyle had a single instance of the things that were claimed about him (white supremacy/violent intent/desire to kill), I would likely be disappointed with the jury's decision.

IMO, Kyle has a good heart, and had good intentions, but he was also quite naive in his risk assessment on the situation he put himself in. Unfortunately, that put him in the position he had to defend himself, not once, but 4 times consecutively, making the right decisions each time.

Every time I put my holster on my belt, I understand that I am taking a responsibility with that gun to only use it in self defense or defense of others in extreme situations. I take a moment and pray that never happens. I also pray that if I ever have to, that I will be able to defend to inevitable charges or lawsuits that may come after such an event. It is a serious right, a serious responsibility. Something we all take (and should) very, very seriously.

Was Kyle lucky, skilled, stupid, or blessed? I believe all of the above.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I gotta admit i was wrong about this. Not sure i shared my opinion on here but from everything i read which now has been proven completely untrue I was fooled. I never thought he was a murderer but thought he drove up there looking for trouble and found it. I still think whomever asked him to be there put a child in an extremely dangerous situation. I dont agree with that but he handled himself well. Looking at all the information that came out in the trial im glad he was found innocent of everything.

Now maybe you need to start thinking about everything else you have read from those sources.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Was Kyle lucky, skilled, stupid, or blessed? I believe all of the above.

Given the crimes of those killed and injured, along with the accuracy, and the situation as a whole...

Then how the trial played out. I don't know man, but If you don't believe in God after that, I don't think anything will do it for you.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Given the crimes of those killed and injured, along with the accuracy, and the situation as a whole...

Then how the trial played out. I don't know man, but If you don't believe in God after that, I don't think anything will do it for you.
    Amen brother.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Rittenhouse after he shot his attackers.

“I TOLD you I was friendly!”

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t think Rittenhouse was totally sympathetic to all the rioting and destruction. He was seen cleaning up graffiti, putting out dumpster fires and attempting to protect businesses.

I have a theory about how Kyle ended up in Kenosha and why he was there.

I think his buddy Dominic Black got ahold of him and said “hey we’re getting a group together to head into the city and try to stop the rioters from destroying it” “Do you want to come along?” And Kyle said “sure”

I truly don’t believe he was there to support the rioters.

As far as the “friendly..friendly..friendly!” thing goes my initial impression was that he was yelling it as a defense mechanism to try and get them to stop chasing him. It didn’t work.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Amen! That 1 minute and 19 seconds will stay with that young man for the rest of his life!
    Whether he should have been there, or should not have been there, is water under the bridge!
    For some reason, God protected him in such a way that he was able to survive, relatively unscathed!
    It'll be interesting to watch where God guides this young man's life and what becomes of him,
    or what or who he becomes???

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Amazing how many posters can’t comprehend this case. It does not matter why he was there, how far away he lived from there, what he was doing, who he supported. Has no bearing whatsoever. This case is about the right to defend yourself. Some of the comments are as idiotic as saying if you went to the grocery store and was buying pineapple and some perp started beating the crap out of you, you could not defend yourself, but if you were buying tofu you could defend yourself.

Top Bottom