• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    ATTENTION! ATTENTION! The Riley Conservation Club will be hosting a Steel Challenge Introduction Day on Saturday, May 29th, from 1-4 pm. What is Steel Challenge you ask? Check out this cool video: https://scsa.org/# If you have been thinking of trying Steel Challenge, but didn't want to start with the pressure of being at a match, this is your chance to get introduced with no pressure. We will have 2 stages set up in bays 2 & 3 with the option of changing bay 3 to a 3rd stage, if the interest is there. We will have some of our best shooters there to give advice and answer any questions that you may have. The price will be $10 and you can shoot the stages as often as you want. Please bring your own firearm and ammo. That being said, some hopped up race guns will be available to look at or shoot if you provide the ammo. SAFETY RULES: Eye and ear protection will be required. Riley is a cold range club, meaning no loaded firearms allowed except at the firing line. Leave your personal carry in the car or unload it, if you plan to use it, before entering the club grounds. Rimfire rifles, pistols and centerfire handgun calibers only. Please, no high power rifles or shotguns. All centerfire pistols must have outside the waistband holsters that cover the trigger guard. All rimfire and Pistol Caliber Carbines firearms will start from the "Low Ready" position, no holster required. Please be sure that you gun is bagged or cased. For more details, please read the Steel Challenge Rules: https://uspsa.org/viewer/2021-SCSA-Rulebook-March-2021.pdf
    If you have any questions, you can contact me at rcs36@yhoo.com or text me at 812-201-8738. Or respond to this post. Please come and join us for some fun!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This is a great idea. There are a lot of new gun owners who can benefit and experience the game without the game day pressure of shooting in front of strangers. If you have friends who are on the fence about competition, encourage them to come out for this.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Great chance to come get your feet wet without any match pressure. And you can get tips from a few guys that have been shooting this for a few years. Or, those of you who are familiar with the sport, it's a chance to come practice shooting a few stages and seeing if there is a better way..... come try it folks. An opportunity like this only comes around 1 or 2 times every few years.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Oops, forgot to mention, I will have the following guns available to shoot/try out. If you have your own ammo great. If not, I will have enough that you can at least fire 15-20 rounds threw them to check them out. My .22s will shoot nearly any higher velocity .22 LR ammo. (Remington, Winchester, CCI, Federal, Aguila). If you wish to shoot my 9mm rifle, I request only factory ammo please, any brand, but only factory (no reloads).

M&P 15-22 Rifle (.22 LR) with Iron Sights
    M&P 15-22 Rifle (.22 LR) with a Cmore Red Dot sight
    Ruger 22/45 Pistol (.22 LR) with Iron Sights
    Ruger PC 9 Carbine (Rifle) 9 MM with Iron Sights

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is this still on? I checked the Riley site and it wasn't listed.

I did the last steel challenge but since I finished dead last, anything would help. :)

rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012

I did the last steel challenge but since I finished dead last, anything would help. :)
    Yes, this is still on. Thank you for attending our last match. Now that you have some experience under your belt, come to this event to learn some proven skills.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    It was added to the schedule, the website calendar is a couple days behind. Put it on you calendar, it is a definite go. This is not my normal wheelhouse, but I can't emphasize enough, this is an opportunity to get one on one instruction from experienced Steel Challenge shooters. I have personally benefitted from this type of clinic/practice and highly recommend it. It will give you both insight and confidence on this sport.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN

The important part about your 1st Match! You DID it!!! Some are afraid to try. Glad you made it. Did you have fun? I bet you did, now you can build on that experience to improve your times and your gun handling/operation skills. Hope you make it to the practice session.

Top Bottom