• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    I am sure this subject has been discussed at length here. Maybe I am too impatient to search the entire archives. If that is the case, please forgive my childish rush to learn about this at the expense of you all's precious time.

learned of this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WARNING: U.S. EXPORT CONTROL LAWS[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Level III and IV armor falls under the jurisdiction of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and is subject to the export control laws of the U.S. Government. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Export or retransfer of Rifle Plates by any means to any foreign end user, or for any other end use, whether in the U.S. or abroad, without the written approval of the U.S. Department of State, is prohibited.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    ref above copy/cut from below
    BulletProofME.com Body Armor - RIFLE Protection Plates

Please tell me what is unsafe about this? Please tell me how this is a threat to the stability of our government? Why do I as a US Citizen need permission from MY government to purchase an item that could save my life or a friends life one day? This bothers me. Please show me my errors of judgment or show me the [/FONT]flaws in my logic. I am a humble man and have been known to make quite a few of errors in judgment. The fact that I am human and am prone to screwing up only requires me to ask for guidance from those i respect and and value as respectful citizens in this great country.

Thank you for your time.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The statute is designed to prevent dealers from transferring technology concerning our body armor to foreign countries or foreign nationals. Does that have something in particular to do with you owning plates of your own? Or are you objecting to having to affirm that you're not going to buy them and send them on to someone whom the law forbids?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's just an export restriction. It has nothing to do with you, as a citizen, buying body armor here. (Unless, of course, you are a "foreign end user," but you've already said you're a citizen.)

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    im not sure how to reply to that. On its surface, it seems that joe citizen cannot own a rifle proof plate. if the 'why' is the concern over transfering technology to a non-US/enemy entity ... I think perhaps that would be moot as there are more then one of those plates that have been stolen/missing.

Comments on Machine gun, bullet-proof vest stolen from FBI agent's vehicle in Somerset County | New Jersey Real-Time News -
    Marine gets 10 years for sale of stolen flak jackets | The San Diego Union-Tribune

still, in the frame of a discussion, the logic applied to the agruement seems to insinuate that those that want to protect themselves require government permision stinks of the gun control arguement. "somehow it is morally superior" to die of a sucking chest wound then to protect yourself by any means possible.

Simple arguement... please sir.. I would like to discuss and not offend. I hope you do not take offense and continue to discuss.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You as a US Citizens **CAN** buy Level III and IV armor for your personal use. What you CANNOT do is buy then and then sell them to somone outside the US as that would be exporting them. If you want to sell them to someone OUTSIDE the USA THEN you need to get permission from The Dept. of State.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    wonderful. Thank you for the clarification. I am sorry for the confusions and appreciate the time you all have taken to set me straight.

M

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    your welcome and that is what these forums are for. to ask questions and learn.

BTW IANAL and TINLA on my other post.
    I just play one on TV.

Top Bottom