• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Alright NWI, Jediagh was right, too often we veer off-topic in the "Events" room and I've had enough mod run-ins to know that they will lock us down for "social" in the "event" talk area, so here we go...

I'd like this to be a regular posting area for NWI INGO (and others I suppose, but melensdad, Bubba, Ghostof Winter, LadyGhost, Auntiebellum, Chef Larry, patriots pride, et al. (Don't be offended if I forgot your online ID, just giving a few examples).

So who's around?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Present.

What's up NWI?

Well I'm on line only because my tractor battery died (again) and I can't find my charger. I know its around here somewhere, just not sure where. I'd replace the battery but am considering buying a new tractor and don't want to put the money into a new battery if the tractor is going to be traded off in the next week or two.

I had big plans for this evening too. Was planning to move a load of clay to fill in the deep end of my old swimming pool.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I loved that big Kubota.
    I had a 30hp Kubota, but now have a smaller New Holland. Now I'm looking at upgrading to a 35 hp tractor and am seriously looking at the New Holland 2035 or the Bobcat ct235. Tractors are fun :yesway: I've also restored old tractors, my favorite was a 1955 Oliver Super 55 Diesel.
    IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Melensdad, what are your plans for your pool when you fill it in? I've got a sod farm in Hebron, could get you some sod at a fair price if you're interested. We've filled in quite a few pools in the last few years. People don't want the expense/hassle of the pool when the kiddies grow up it seems.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    My father had dreams of restoring an old Gravely with a sulky. He once tried to see if the generator was frozen so he turned it by hand--really shocked himself...he laughed telling the story, but he was amazed by those old Gravelys.

Kubota hp...I don't remember. I'll dig up some pictures. It was only three years old though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Melensdad, what are your plans for your pool when you fill it in? I've got a sod farm in Hebron, could get you some sod at a fair price if you're interested. We've filled in quite a few pools in the last few years. People don't want the expense/hassle of the pool when the kiddies grow up it seems.

We are going to grass it over, but its on the edge of the farm field at the base of a hill, I'll just seed it over and hope for the best.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    We are going to grass it over, but its on the edge of the farm field at the base of a hill, I'll just seed it over and hope for the best.

That's EXACTLY what I would do with it too. Just thought I'd offer, seems like pools are usually 8 feet from somebody's back porch. At least whoever put yours in had the foresight to get it away from everything.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That's EXACTLY what I would do with it too. Just thought I'd offer, seems like pools are usually 8 feet from somebody's back porch. At least whoever put yours in had the foresight to get it away from everything.

NO, ours is 100+' away from the house, down a 30' hill, on the other side of the woods! It was the only reasonably flat spot on our property that wasn't a designated flood plane or a septic field.

I'm liking this thread.

So NWI, where does everyone shoot?
    My back yard.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1st Woodrow did this thread all wrong. You are suppose to SPAM every member of the NWI INGO social group via a PM so they know where to look. It takes about 15 seperare duplicate PM at 5 members at a time to get everyone on the list. :faint: At the very least a link in our NWI INGO social page.

Where is NWI anyhow?:dunno:
    This depends on who you ask and when you ask?

<<Outside of NWI if you say you are from NWI they will take a few steps back from you cause you will reek>>

True NWI is the ceasepool of corruption that extends from East Chicago to Hammond and the crAzY crime (guns, drugs, gang bangers, etc) that goes from East Chicago thru Hammond and ends in Gary.

So "true" NWI is...
    North boundry: Lake MI where many guns have been lost in fishing accidents.
    greensmilies-029.gif

West boundry: [strike]Peoples Republic of IL [/strike]Kind Daley's Kindgom
    East boundry: I-65 sort of fuzzy near the top where Gary is at. We have sent many scouts to mark the territory but none have ever returned. :cool:
    South boundry: US-30 STAY AWAY FROM ST. JOHN! https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2024-saint_john_indiana_not_gun_friendly.html

or you WILL be sorry!

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Thanks Jediagh. I'm no good with anything but point and click. If you would like to contact members of paste this to your group emails, great. I'll try to attach it to some PMs in the NWI group.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Since moving up here (keep in mind, I'm not a native), I've thought of NWI as most of Lake County (not really familiar enough for a boundary) and some of western Porter County (Valpo). I'm sure I'll get blasted by someone for making such an egregious error, but as I said, I'm a foreigner.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh just pulling your leg woodrow on the PM spam. I try not to do it often anymore and have actually just resorted to the "std block text" at the end of my post now-a-days.

Inside "NWI" I think one could say if the home owner is a "D" then you are in NWI casue the rest of the state is "R" (some expection for the major cities down south). Otherwise NWI is the "D mecca" of IN me thinks. LOL!

In terms of who is NWI in general. According to this (offically)
    Northwest Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    it's Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Newton, and Jasper counties.

I don't ever consider Newton or Jasper as part of NWI there is nothing but "farm land" down there. LaPorte is more of a "step child" to NWI. Really the two main counties are Lake and Porter with Lake being the bad child of the two.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Where is there to shoot (besides melensdad's house)? Deb's in Hammond, but that place ain't the greatest; Winimac, but it's a hike; I know there are other outdoor ranges, but I've not heard good things...

Any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom