• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The question is, why don't all of the get trained and carry all the time? At one time, the Secret Service was really good, but I still would not relinquish responsibility for my own safety if I were the president.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Prez is head of our armed forces and boss of the Attorney General. I would say that gives him/her status to carry under those laws.

If I were Prez I would carry every day and have all my suits tailored around my 1911.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    With the recent record of the Secret Service, I'd probably carry my Zastava M92. Then again, were I Prez, I would have fired the entire Secret Service well before now and used federal marshals or Boy Scouts who had their Marksmanship Merit Badges ...

Also not sure this is a new revelation. Seems I read years ago that RR carried, at least some of the time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, except that little FOPA (faux pas?) debacle that we'll never be rid of...

Can't blame Reagan for this. His initial response to the Hughes Amendment was to contact the NRA and offer to veto the bill and the stupid b*stards told him to sign it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    “I trust these [Secret Service] people around me, but if someone comes at me again, I want to be prepared,” Reagan reportedly said in explaining the action, according to Meltzer.

Sound advice for anyone. Even if you're protected by an army of secret service agents, when it comes down to it, it's your life. Protect it how you see fit.

Top Bottom