• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Miss Daisy and I eat at the Golden Corral in Bedford for $22 (she gets coffee, I get water) Thursdays before 4pm and it is excellent food to boot.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The best Big Mac today is the one you make at home from real ingredients. The demand that the special sauces for all fast food that has a years long use by date has rendered these condiments nothing but chemical concoctions. Make a big batch of homemade thousand island dressing and you can have a great ruben then copycat Big Macs…

The problem with that is that if you want to fix one good burger and want to buy the real ingredients at the grocery, you will easily pay more than that.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Rallys will sell you two chicken sandwiches or two burgers, plus fries and a drink for $6. And it tastes like real chicken or beef! Twofer: https://www.rallys.com/menu/pick-two-and-save/pick-two-mix-and-match-make-it-a-meal/

The only problem is finding a Rallys. :(

EDIT: And they sell hot dogs for like $1.25 so the dog can eat out too!

Our local Rally's got to the place where it was only open a few random hours a day. Then it closed, and sat empty for months. They then took down the signage and boarded it up. A few months later, they re-opened it and were open regular hours. For a couple of weeks. Then it was only open from noon to about 6pm a few days a weeks. Now it's closed again.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hey guys don't blame the retailers, the dollar has lost so much value that they have to up the prices just to try to stay even. If you want this crazy stuff to stop vote Trump in 2024.
    Ultimate everything stems from increasing the money supply 40% in 18 months for the covid party.

If it was all "corporate greed", someone would be 50% less greedy and get 100% more sales. Everyone everywhere is raising prices for the same reason: The Fed.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Our local Rally's got to the place where it was only open a few random hours a day. Then it closed, and sat empty for months. They then took down the signage and boarded it up. A few months later, they re-opened it and were open regular hours. For a couple of weeks. Then it was only open from noon to about 6pm a few days a weeks. Now it's closed again.
    The Rally’s in Muncie is still open. Prices definitely aren’t what they were when I was going as a kid. I miss the 49 cent hotdogs and hamburgers they had back in the early 2000’s. Last time I went a year or so ago I tried out the popcorn chicken option. Now it was “cheap” like 3$, but I got like 6 tiny marble sized pieces of popcorn chicken and 12 fries. Lol doesn’t make much of a meal unfortunately.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The rallys in Clarksville is still open as far as I know, but the one in Jeffersonville closed because rats had infested the building, not mice, RATS! I’m thinking they might have reopened after that, but who would risk going there after something like that?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Even fast food prices have gone crazy. $10+ for a basic combo meal is standard. What’s worse is the tip requests. Fazolis, Subway, etc. now hitting you up for a tip just for preparing the food. I’m getting very selective about eating out these days.
    Yeah, what is the BS with tips everywhere.. Stopped by Ritters last night to get a frozen treat, ordered at the window and the screen prompt asked me if I want to tip 15-20 or 25%? VERY annoying!

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Yeah, what is the BS with tips everywhere.. Stopped by Ritters last night to get a frozen treat, ordered at the window and the screen prompt asked me if I want to tip 15-20 or 25%? VERY annoying!

Pretty sure I saw that same prompt on the self-checkout screen at Kroger the other night

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Last night. Indy ran away with it. More HRs than I've seen in person in a long time. One exploded bat and one pitcher ragequit. Fun game!
    I wish I liked baseball. Truly, I do! Victory Field looks like such a great facility, but I've just never been able to get into it. :(

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Grew up in the 60’s and Dad would give me $1 and ride my bike to root beer staa a nd and get hamburger, fries and mug of root beer in the mug. Then spend the rest on candy at the candy store. Of course dad probably only made $2 a hour back then. We shop around but don’t eat out as much but we find deals. Coupons every week for all kinds of fast food. Wendy’s has the 4 for $5. About the best bang for the buck. Don’t order pop at restaurants, just get water. We have it down where the best prices are and just stick with them. Recently we ate 1st in Rochester at the Dam Landing right on the lake and could set outside watching the lake. 2 waters and a huge tenderloin sandwich with a bunch of waffle fries fed me and the wife. She ate what she wanted and I got the rest and filled me up. $13 wasn’t too bad and left a nice tip. We do splurge once in awhile.

Top Bottom