• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Even fast food prices have gone crazy. $10+ for a basic combo meal is standard. What’s worse is the tip requests. Fazolis, Subway, etc. now hitting you up for a tip just for preparing the food. I’m getting very selective about eating out these days.
    If they're not serving me or delivering to me, I don't tip. Nobody tipped me when I was a cook.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Wow, I guess I must have to thank my lucky stars for my local Chinese takeout. Went from about 50$ for several DAYS of meals for two people to like 60-67 depending on what all I get (the fried dumplings with their dumpling sauce is better than crack)

It’s one of the few places I can even afford to eat out and justify any more. Popeyes was my sinful treat when hitting Fort Wayne, but their 5 piece special I could make 2 meals from has gone from 10$ to 12 or 13 in the last year alone. A large sweet tea is either 3 or 4 dollars (WHAT!?) the noose is tightening.

I don’t know who is counting the inflation numbers, but they are definitely skipping over restaurants and grocery stores.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I eat out 1x per week. Lunch after church.
    I usually go to Hacienda. My bottle of beer costs $4. If I go to the real Mexican place in town, the same beer is $6-7. To me, both are high but the latter is just crazy for one bottle of beer.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I’ve only eaten from an outsourced venue 1 time in the last 3 years as I can think of and it was pizza from the best place in town and it was the same price as years before. I just looked them up and it looks like their prices for what my regular order was is within $1. Guess I need to order some. I buy 4 at a time and eat them 3 meals a day until gone.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    In Mason (Cincinnati area) last week, late lunch/early dinner chicken wing joint 2 adults, 1 child, no alcohol....over $100 with a tip.....

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wife called yesterday around noon said she was stopping at Subway for something to bring home for lunch. Tlod her to get me the same thing she was having. She came home with two chicken bacon wraps two bags of chips and two cookies. She pays no attention to prices when she ordered and paid $37.00.
    Couple weeks ago she asked me to pick up some barbecued ribs from a new food truck place. it is one in the afternoon and they do not serve ribs till 4 so I got the "Large" brisket with 2 sides, $23.00 instead of the small with one side for $17.00. Figured we could split the large and both have a decent lunch. Got home and opened the container, one person would not hae been filled up. Never going back there again. Jim.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We rarely eat out. When we do we try hard to do local owned places. We rather pay more for good and support local. That said, eating out IS expensive. We are usually not impressed with chain food.

My understanding is the low inflation and interest rates we had for years were abnormal. Banks want higher inflation and interest rates. Heck, the fed (which is a private bank) has come out and said they need to increase unemployment.

I can’t think about this too much anymore. My brain goes off the rails and my stress goes through the roof (taking too long to get farm projects done).

I am off to think of the wording of a thread on how to decrease both stress and food bill while eating better/healthier.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Heck, the fed (which is a private bank) has come out and said they need to increase unemployment.

I can’t think about this too much anymore. My brain goes off the rails and my stress goes through the roof (taking too long to get farm projects done).

I am off to think of the wording of a thread on how to decrease both stress and food bill while eating better/healthier.
    The fed wants to cool the economy (which happens when unemployment rises to a certain rate) by raising interest rates, to slow spending (but not too much) which will have a side effect of increasing unemployment. This slows inflation.

The trick is doing so, while also dealing with politicians who conduct other policies, and not over correcting to cause a recesssion, as most of the indicators they use are trailing indicators.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Like others have said the wife and I rarely dine out. If we do, we have our go to places. Which is typically breakfast. Plus I enjoy cooking. We do spend a pretty good amount on groceries. But, we buy what we like, and know the ingredients. Our local Walmart has been stocking some fantastic filet mignon steaks. I mean unbelievable quality for the price. Last time we picked up a packet of 2 for $20. They were about 1 1/2 inch thick and super tender.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If we order a pizza for delivery, it's usually a large 16" one topping pizza and it's $32 bucks. Needless to say we maybe only do it once a month.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I agree with everything you guys are saying. Yet go to Evansville or Owensboro Ky. (both near me) on any night and the restaurants that are decent are packed. Get there before 5:00 or plan to wait.

Top Bottom