• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was pleasantly surprised by Red Lobster last night. Two adults & one child. 1 beer, 2 teas, Cajun chicken pasta, flounder platter and a popcorn shrimp kid's meal. Added 1 salad and 1 dessert. Very good food, good portions, good service, total was just under $60.00 with tax

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was pleasantly surprised by Red Lobster last night. Two adults & one child. 1 beer, 2 teas, Cajun chicken pasta, flounder platter and a popcorn shrimp kid's meal. Added 1 salad and 1 dessert. Very good food, good portions, good service, total was just under $60.00 with tax

What time did you go and how busy was it snorko?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If we order a pizza for delivery, it's usually a large 16" one topping pizza and it's $32 bucks. Needless to say we maybe only do it once a month.
    Make sure you order online. Lots of online deals that are MUCH better than calling.
    Case in point. Wife and I regularly order Papa Johns online for carryout and get out for under $25 for 2 medium 1 topping pizzas AND breadsticks using an online special.

I made the mistake of calling them one day* to feed my Church trustees after a work session. It was like $40 for 1 large 2 topping pizza and a 2 liter. :faint:

*wife was busy and couldnt log into our account to put in the order

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Make sure you order online. Lots of online deals that are MUCH better than calling.
    Case in point. Wife and I regularly order Papa Johns online for carryout and get out for under $25 for 2 medium 1 topping pizzas AND breadsticks using an online special.

I made the mistake of calling them one day* to feed my Church trustees after a work session. It was like $40 for 1 large 2 topping pizza and a 2 liter. :faint:

*wife was busy and couldnt log into our account to put in the order
    The "one topping" specials always bum me out. I mean who only gets one topping on their pizza (besides you I guess :): )??

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We don’t go out often……… but when we do my wallet thanks me for being able to cook & hunt. I notice food prices most when we go on a trip and are “forced” to dine out. (Even though I still pack food just not every meal) One of my favorite things is trying new food at new places so I hate that i have to bring food with in order to make trips financially attainable. But I do it because one of my other favorite things is seeing new places.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Didn’t see this yet but wanted to post a couple of the Big Universal Truths;

McDonald’s is disgusting,

and the cure for high prices, is high prices.

Prices will come down.
    It might look like/feel like the end of the world, but whatever. They will come down.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just got back from Surf City, NC. $5/ scoop for ice cream. $46 for two fish tacos, fries and water. $10 for a bag of 6 bagels at the publix grocery, $10 for the no name pack of 24 bottle water, $15 for the name brand. I chalked it up to a vacation island price. Even in Tennessee we paid $23 plus tax for two burgers with fries and two iced tea drinks.

By the time I paid for meals, the price of gas for 1600 miles seemed reasonable.

Bragging note** The old Grand Marquis got over 25mpg for the whole smooth, quiet, comfortable trip. I have had 4 of them and they are the only car I ever owned that gets more mpg than the EPA sticker. The odometer is within a few tenths when compared to highway distance markers, so it is accurate mpg. Of course you cannot buy them any more. How many of those electric cars would let me roll 800 miles a day? How many of them could have hauled what we took there and back? I like living like it is 1972

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just got back from Surf City, NC. $5/ scoop for ice cream. $46 for two fish tacos, fries and water. $10 for a bag of 6 bagels at the publix grocery, $10 for the no name pack of 24 bottle water, $15 for the name brand. I chalked it up to a vacation island price. Even in Tennessee we paid $23 plus tax for two burgers with fries and two iced tea drinks.

By the time I paid for meals, the price of gas for 1600 miles seemed reasonable.

Bragging note** The old Grand Marquis got over 25mpg for the whole smooth, quiet, comfortable trip. I have had 4 of them and they are the only car I ever owned that gets more mpg than the EPA sticker. The odometer is within a few tenths when compared to highway distance markers, so it is accurate mpg. Of course you cannot buy them any more. How many of those electric cars would let me roll 800 miles a day? How many of them could have hauled what we took there and back? I like living like it is 1972
    +1 for the Grand Marquis. I had one years ago.

Reactions: Leo

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Top Bottom