• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wish I liked baseball. Truly, I do! Victory Field looks like such a great facility, but I've just never been able to get into it. :(

It is one of the many things I have always appreciated......and never had a lick of talent for.

Without a doubt, a big reason for my enjoyment of the game carries over from when I was growing up....always enjoyed going to games with my Dad and Uncles. It didn't matter if it was a local league or a major.

Must have been something in their DNA though. Cousin played in the majors for 14 years. The runnining joke was "which cousin was adopted"! LOL!

I was blessed with a great Dad and family. Baseball always takes me there....even though I have none of the skills.

They did teach me many other things though. Those folks are always with me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is one of the many things I have always appreciated......and never had a lick of talent for.

Without a doubt, a big reason for my enjoyment of the game carries over from when I was growing up....always enjoyed going to games with my Dad and Uncles. It didn't matter if it was a local league or a major.

Must have been something in their DNA though. Cousin played in the majors for 14 years. The runnining joke was "which cousin was adopted"! LOL!

I was blessed with a great Dad and family. Baseball always takes me there....even though I have none of the skills.

They did teach me many other things though. Those folks are always with me.
    I know Dad took me to a game or two at Bush Stadium when I was a kid, but I just don't enjoy watching it. I liked playing sandlot ball as a kid. Kind of like golf (when I used to play). I liked playing, but didn't like watching. It's just too slow-paced for my liking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to love the cinnamon twists as a kid, not so much now. I've eaten a boatload of the bean burritos. The meal deal is a 5 layer burrito, iirc.
    All I ever get is the burrito supreme, no ground beef, extra chicken or steak (depending on my mood). Everything else I've tried there has left me disappointed. Some of the grilled burritos look good, but I like to open mine up at home and add sour cream and hot sauce and the grilled ones make that impossible.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    All I ever get is the burrito supreme, no ground beef, extra chicken or steak (depending on my mood). Everything else I've tried there has left me disappointed. Some of the grilled burritos look good, but I like to open mine up at home and add sour cream and hot sauce and the grilled ones make that impossible.

I think they will grill any burrito for you, no charge, on request.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Grew up in the 60’s and Dad would give me $1 and ride my bike to root beer staa a nd and get hamburger, fries and mug of root beer in the mug. Then spend the rest on candy at the candy store. Of course dad probably only made $2 a hour back then. We shop around but don’t eat out as much but we find deals. Coupons every week for all kinds of fast food. Wendy’s has the 4 for $5. About the best bang for the buck. Don’t order pop at restaurants, just get water. We have it down where the best prices are and just stick with them. Recently we ate 1st in Rochester at the Dam Landing right on the lake and could set outside watching the lake. 2 waters and a huge tenderloin sandwich with a bunch of waffle fries fed me and the wife. She ate what she wanted and I got the rest and filled me up. $13 wasn’t too bad and left a nice tip. We do splurge once in awhile.
    Agreed. The phone apps for some of these places open up some pretty decent deals at times as well. It's not as cheap as it once was, but there are still relatively comparative deals to be had at certain places.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agreed. The phone apps for some of these places open up some pretty decent deals at times as well. It's not as cheap as it once was, but there are still relatively comparative deals to be had at certain places.
    This is especially true with Arby's, as I recently found out. Don't have it on my phone, but set up an online ordering account (for carryout) and they have specials that really do make a difference in price. Arby's seems to be one of the highest priced of the fast food places, but the deals bring it back into line a little.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is especially true with Arby's, as I recently found out. Don't have it on my phone, but set up an online ordering account (for carryout) and they have specials that really do make a difference in price. Arby's seems to be one of the highest priced of the fast food places, but the deals bring it back into line a little.
    I love arbys, it’s perfect for traveling food too, I can drive and eat a roast beef sandwich without getting half of it all over the car, but man, it has gotten expensive.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Being in the restaurant business I can tell you it's crazy. Prices have never been higher on our end. A good example is lettuce. A case of head lettuce used to cost $14. During the height of covid it went up to over $100. It's come down but still averages around $40-$50 for a 50# case of lettuce. Prices on beef are insane, this week our chicken was substituted for a different product because what we normally ordered was unavailable. This list goes on. We ate the increase as long as we could but unfortunately had to raise menu prices to compensate. I don't see it coming back down to pre-covid levels of pricing or availability anytime soon.
    If the prices are gradually going back to pre-covid days, will menu prices go down?

Top Bottom