• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Hey guys. I have paid State fees/L1 fee, and will do printing Monday for LTCH. I am in Marion Co. I assume I will go to the City County bldg for local. When I do the local part can I pay in cash, or do I need money order?

I'm pretty sure I've heard just MO are accepted, but give them a call and ask.

Fat Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Indy
    I went to City County Building in downtown Marion County yesterday to room 100E. Paid cash with the lady at the front desk. They also accept cash, credit, and MO I was informed.

I also had to fill out a paper, and take a couple more prints for the local database. Was in and out in less than 10 minutes probably.

abc99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    armpit of the midwst
    Been lurking for a while, now have a question. so after you apply on line, then go to your local police for approval, what do they "approve"? Does the chief ask or question you why your applying or no questions just sign off and your on your way?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Been lurking for a while, now have a question. so after you apply on line, then go to your local police for approval, what do they "approve"? Does the chief ask or question you why your applying or no questions just sign off and your on your way?

:welcome: to :ingo: Glad you came out of the shadows :shady:

Most departments just collect your money and you're on your way. Once upon a time, some of the Chiefs of Police or Sheriff might have reviewed your app, but I think most just rubber stamp it since IN is a "shall issue" state and there are so many apps these days. Either way, you will just pay your fee and you're out the door. There is no interview process.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I ordered a duplicate back in October and still haven't gotten anything. I just got off the phone with them and they are re-submitting my request. They should I should have it by mid-January.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    IC 35-47-2-23
    Violations; classes of misdemeanors and felonies
    Sec. 23. (a) A person who violates section 3, 4, 5, 14, 15, or 16 of this chapter commits a Class B misdemeanor

I understand that not notifying the ISP of an address change on time is a class B misdemeanor. My question as to what happens if you don't notify them within 60 days is more along the lines of what happens functionally. How would they know? Does some red flag pop up somewhere? Is some government stooge actually checking this stuff? If I send them a form a few days late how is the person handling that form going know it's late since the form doesn't ask when you moved? I understand there are places where someone could find out when I moved but are they really going to all that trouble for each address change form they recieve? Next time I get pulled over is the cop going to run my driver's license and tell me I'm wanted in court for a misdemeanor charge? If, God forbid, I have to use my firearm in self-defense are the cops going to show up and tell me my license isn't valid?

Bigblack03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2014
    Evansville
    I am looking into applying for a lifetime permit, but i have a few questions. I recently moved to Kentucky about 6 months ago, but I still maintain residency in Indiana (ie drivers license, vehicle registration, and voter registration). Can I still apply for an Indiana gun permit?? Sorry if this was answered somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I just realized mine expired last week, which freaking sucks. I just applied for the lifetime here: https://firearms.ariesportal.com/
    Although I personally believe it is an infringement to have to pay and apply, it was extremely simple and fast. They have two options for fingerprinting. One, you make an appointment and the other is to go to your local PD. I chose to go to the sheriff's office for finger printing and pay the rest of the fee.

Motoguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Indiana
    I am looking into applying for a lifetime permit, but i have a few questions. I recently moved to Kentucky about 6 months ago, but I still maintain residency in Indiana (ie drivers license, vehicle registration, and voter registration). Can I still apply for an Indiana gun permit?? Sorry if this was answered somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

if your DL is Indiana I don't know how it would ever come back to you.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Alrighty. We have moved out to Carthage, IN. We are in Rush county. My wife wants her LTCH. I am trying to figure out where she needs to go to turn in her paperwork and pay. Also, can she go to any of the fingerprinting places regardless of where we live?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Alrighty. We have moved out to Carthage, IN. We are in Rush county. My wife wants her LTCH. I am trying to figure out where she needs to go to turn in her paperwork and pay. Also, can she go to any of the fingerprinting places regardless of where we live?

If it's unincorporated Rush Co. you go to the Sheriff's dept., if it's an incorporated area to the local PD, and to the best of my knowledge you can go to any of the fingerprinting places. When I had mine done there wasn't even one in my county I had to go to the next county over.

ETA That is to say any of the locations of the company that contracts with the ISP to do the fingerprinting.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    That's where I was confused a bit. We have a carthage mailing address but we are outside of town. I guess If all else fails,I should just be able to call the police department, right?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That's where I was confused a bit. We have a carthage mailing address but we are outside of town. I guess If all else fails,I should just be able to call the police department, right?

If you are outside town limits probably county, but it's good to call first. Find out if they have any specific days/hours that they work on them.

Indyoma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    Plainfield
    I live in Plainfielld but have an Indianapolis mailing address and am in the Avon school district. My emergency services come from Plainfield and Plainfield PDis where I paid my local fee.

Top Bottom