• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    So nothing i have found has really been clear on the local aspect of applying for the license. I completed the online application and i scheduled the finger printing through MorphoTrust. The next step is what i am having trouble finding information on. It says i need to go to my local law enforcement and pay the local fee. I am not doing the finger printing in my home county because they just don't offer it there. Am i paying the local fee where i am doing the finger printing? Or will i need to visit my Sheriff's office in my home county after i do the finger printing?

Hjarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Denver,in
    So nothing i have found has really been clear on the local aspect of applying for the license. I completed the online application and i scheduled the finger printing through MorphoTrust. The next step is what i am having trouble finding information on. It says i need to go to my local law enforcement and pay the local fee. I am not doing the finger printing in my home county because they just don't offer it there. Am i paying the local fee where i am doing the finger printing? Or will i need to visit my Sheriff's office in my home county after i do the finger printing?
    When you do your fingerprints they will give you a paper with your info on it take that to your local sheriff office and pay your fees .I had to do the same no one in my county did electronic fingerprints

speeed001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2016
    South Bend
    Why does LTCH application ask for employer info?

Howdy. Any IN state police or other LE pros on here who could offer behind-the-scenes experience with the LTCH application review process?

I'm a Hoosier looking to obtain the LTCH permit. I started the app, but stopped when I saw that the app wants my employer's contact information (street address).

What is the value/relevance of my employer information to the application? What I'm really asking is... will my employer be contacted in any way regarding my application? I work in HR. Right next to the people who would be fielding that request. I have nothing to hide, but I reeeallly don't want my coworkers to be aware that I may or may not possess a firearm, regardless of premises carry rules. I don't trust the employer to be responsible or fair about what applying for an LTCH does or does not mean about me as a person.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Just applied for my ltch hope it all goes good kinda nervous never had my fingerprints taken, but should be good just be happy when it's done been putting it off too long and even if I don't conceal all the time good to have it, wish me luck

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I got my 4 year license almost 4 years ago and am renewing for the lifetime. I live on the in Marion county but on the Marion/Hancock county line. It says I can go to the Hancock County Sheriffs dept for the fingerprinting. Is that where I pay the fee or do I have to go downtown Indy to the ISP office again?

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    My daughter filed for one yesterday 2/9 and was approved 2/10 now waiting on her permit to come in the mail,hopefully next week. Very quick compared to when I applied 3 years ago.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    They are pushing for Constitutional carry. I'm wondering if I should even renew my 4 year. I would feel better having the lifetime just in case they change their mind again.

indygyrene

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So, what is the difference in the 4 year background check, and the lifetime background check? I suspect the checks are the same, and the difference is the money charged.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So, what is the difference in the 4 year background check, and the lifetime background check? I suspect the checks are the same, and the difference is the money charged.

The difference is the length of time the license is good for. There isn't really a reason to go for the 4 year unless you know you won't live in Indiana for more than 4 years. The lifetime is a one and done thing, unless you need to update your address, but even then the charge is not as much (if there is a charge). Go for the lifetime for sure.

Roly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I live in Marion County, it was the easiest application. I went online, filled out the form for a lifetime license. within 2 weeks, I was approved and had my license in the mail.

I should say I filled out the form on a Thursday night, got my fingerprints on Friday and on Monday I went to the station. There are 3 different fees you pay.

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I live in Marion County, it was the easiest application. I went online, filled out the form for a lifetime license. within 2 weeks, I was approved and had my license in the mail.

I should say I filled out the form on a Thursday night, got my fingerprints on Friday and on Monday I went to the station. There are 3 different fees you pay.

What was the final cost in fees? I've been reading/hearing several different prices.

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis

What was the final cost in fees? I've been reading/hearing several different prices.

Top Bottom