• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The reason I was worried about whether I listed the right thing or not is because the offense happened in one county and the arrest took place in the next county over, which might cause confusion and delay my permit even longer. And the lifetime is $125 + $9.95 for the L1 fingerprinting and the 4 year is $40 + $9.95. I figure I could just get the 4 year (in case I get denied, they keep a portion of the fee), and if I get approved I'll just pay the $100 extra to upgrade. But if I get denied the lifetime, they keep $50 I think. And if I get denied the 4 year, they only keep $10. Plus, it fits my budget at the moment and I have 4 years to upgrade and have the lifetime for just a little under $15 more than if I was just to go ahead and get the lifetime to begin with. Judging by how long people have waited for their permits in the past, I'll upgrade anywhere between 1-2 years early to be safe.

FYI, you can only renew 365 days prior to your expiration date.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Just got this email today (April 11th). Applied on April 4th with a misdemeanor arrest on my record. Sounds like they're speeding things up.

-------
    Your Indiana handgun license was issued today.

License # XXXXXXX

Indiana State Police
    Firearms Division
    -------

Who has a gun and two thumbs and is as happy as hell?

This guy.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just got this email today (April 11th). Applied on April 4th with a misdemeanor arrest on my record. Sounds like they're speeding things up.

-------
    Your Indiana handgun license was issued today.

License # XXXXXXX

Indiana State Police
    Firearms Division
    -------

Who has a gun and two thumbs and is as happy as hell?

This guy.

Here's one thumb for you :thumbsup:

emmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Georgetown
    I thought I would give a recap and update on my LTCH renewal process. On Dec 17, I completed my electronic renewal process by going to the Floyd County Sheriff Dept for electronic finger print and paying my fees. I even received an email from ISP Firearms Licensing Section saying "thanks for submitting your application online and your fingerprints electronically", later that same day. I was renewing a four year licenses that I currently have to a lifetime license. My current 4 Year expires 6/10/14. I was a little concerned when my renewal wasn't received within a few weeks, but after reading and discussing on this thread I decided perhaps mine would not be issued before 60 days prior to the expiration date of my current permit. I decide to wait until after April 10 to do any checking. Today, I called Floyd County and was told my application had been submitted and that I should call ISP. I called ISP and was told they couldn't tell me the status over the phone, but could tell me if it had been submitted. They check their records and said it was never submitted by Floyd Co (I assume they were talking about the electronic fingerprints) and that my application had been deleted from the system. The lady at ISP that I spoke with said she would put it back in the system for today and I should have Floyd Co re-submit. I called Floyd Co and they went on line found it and said they submitted it while we were talking. I just called ISP and they verified that it had been received. I wish I could say I felt comfortable that all has been handled, but only time will tell. I keep wondering why I received the electronic confirmation on Dec17 from ISP, which mentioned the electronic fingerprint, if they never received everything. Oh well, here I thought by filling everything electronicallyI was eliminating a lot of issues and time. Hopefully I can post in the next few weeks that it has arrived. Emmo

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was going to apply for my license tonight, but then I looked up the hours for the fingerprinting place nearest me. They are only open 2 days a week with very limited hours which are during when I work. My current job will be ending in the beginning of May, so I will probably just wait until then to apply. But, that brings up another question.

If I don't have a job when I apply, will it let me leave that field blank, or should put the last job I had?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I was going to apply for my license tonight, but then I looked up the hours for the fingerprinting place nearest me. They are only open 2 days a week with very limited hours which are during when I work. My current job will be ending in the beginning of May, so I will probably just wait until then to apply. But, that brings up another question.

If I don't have a job when I apply, will it let me leave that field blank, or should put the last job I had?

I would just put "unemployed".

jhookmet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    This is my first post, but I've lurked for quite some time now. I have searched and searched but can not find the information I am looking for. I have been wanting to apply for my carry license, but I am heavily tattooed. I'm not sure how detailed I need to be in the tattoo and identifying marks section. Do I need to list each tattoo individually or can I be as vague as just putting "right arm sleeve?" Thanks for any information, sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, I couldn't find it with the search function.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This is my first post, but I've lurked for quite some time now. I have searched and searched but can not find the information I am looking for. I have been wanting to apply for my carry license, but I am heavily tattooed. I'm not sure how detailed I need to be in the tattoo and identifying marks section. Do I need to list each tattoo individually or can I be as vague as just putting "right arm sleeve?" Thanks for any information, sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, I couldn't find it with the search function.

First, :welcome: to :ingo:

I don't think I've ever heard this question before, but it has probably come up before. I don't think you need to inventory your body art. I would just put " tattoos on right arm, left arm, chest, etc." wherever you have them.

Hope that helps. I've never heard of anyone being denied for not listing body art. :dunno:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Ran an appeal through for a client on an Application. It had been initially denied due to overlooking a 40 year old battery/disturbing the peace charge from the early 70's. Clarified matter, supplied affidavit to that effect and LTCH Lifetime permit issued 1 month after the appeal started. Not bad timing overall. The ISP I am sure is doing the best they can and their people have always been patient and courteous (at least to me as a #$@*&^ Lawyer)
    +1 to ISP

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Ran an appeal through for a client on an Application. It had been initially denied due to overlooking a 40 year old battery/disturbing the peace charge from the early 70's. Clarified matter, supplied affidavit to that effect and LTCH Lifetime permit issued 1 month after the appeal started. Not bad timing overall. The ISP I am sure is doing the best they can and their people have always been patient and courteous (at least to me as a #$@*&^ Lawyer)
    +1 to ISP

I would second that. For all of the bashing they took this last year, I'd say they are doing an outstanding job.

klompus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    United States
    Quick question, I just want to make sure I'm done with the process.
    I applied online, paid the $75 + $9.95 for electronic FP.
    Went yesterday to get fingerprints done, got receipt.
    Went today to Indy PD to pay the $50 local and got a 2nd fingerprint (just thumb and 1st finger on each hand)
    I'm just making sure that I'm done and now I just have to wait for the license.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Quick question, I just want to make sure I'm done with the process.
    I applied online, paid the $75 + $9.95 for electronic FP.
    Went yesterday to get fingerprints done, got receipt.
    Went today to Indy PD to pay the $50 local and got a 2nd fingerprint (just thumb and 1st finger on each hand)
    I'm just making sure that I'm done and now I just have to wait for the license.

Sounds like you're done. I think you can track it online now, too.

Fat Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    Indy
    Hey guys. I have paid State fees/L1 fee, and will do printing Monday for LTCH. I am in Marion Co. I assume I will go to the City County bldg for local. When I do the local part can I pay in cash, or do I need money order?

Top Bottom