• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Don't know if this is allowed but I need some help. I just applied for my lifetime license today. When I tried to schedule for my fingerprints identogo told me that my handgun license id is wrong. I used the link and the id that isp gave me for my application #. Has this happened to anyone else?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Don't know if this is allowed but I need some help. I just applied for my lifetime license today. When I tried to schedule for my fingerprints identogo told me that my handgun license id is wrong. I used the link and the id that isp gave me for my application #. Has this happened to anyone else?

ISP: Contact ISP

By Telephone:
    (317) 232-8262

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    My wife and I are considering relocating to Indiana. Want to be sure I have this correct. While I'm there visiting, I can carry on my Arizona Permit. However, as soon as I'm an, "Indiana Resident", I can no longer carry on the AZ Permit, but have to wait until I get my Indiana Permit to be able to carry. Is this correct?

Pig Sooie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Auburn
    Please forgive me if this has been answered, I searched but wasn't exactly sure where to look....

I have a current valid 4 yr LTCH, expires in Aug of this year, I have started the application for a Lifetime LTCH, do I have to get fingerprinted again? I did the electronic set to get the 4 year so I should be in the system. Thanks in advance, this is such a great site, as a transplanted Arkansan to Indiana I am very grateful to all of you guys and gals here at INGO and for all of your knowledge. I never post but read the site often and just want you all to know how helpful this site is.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Please forgive me if this has been answered, I searched but wasn't exactly sure where to look....

I have a current valid 4 yr LTCH, expires in Aug of this year, I have started the application for a Lifetime LTCH, do I have to get fingerprinted again? I did the electronic set to get the 4 year so I should be in the system. Thanks in advance, this is such a great site, as a transplanted Arkansan to Indiana I am very grateful to all of you guys and gals here at INGO and for all of your knowledge. I never post but read the site often and just want you all to know how helpful this site is.
    Hello and welcome to INGO :ingo:! I see your pacing yourself and I expect to see your next post Oct 2021 :laugh:

Fingerprints are required again since the ones from for years ago are not kept on file (queue conspiracy theories in three...two...)

It sounds like you have the ball rolling on your lifetime LTCH, see the link below for wait time estimates.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/6875-current-ltch-wait-1021.html

Pig Sooie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Auburn
    Hello and welcome to INGO :ingo:! I see your pacing yourself and I expect to see your next post Oct 2021 :laugh:

Fingerprints are required again since the ones from for years ago are not kept on file (queue conspiracy theories in three...two...)

It sounds like you have the ball rolling on your lifetime LTCH, see the link below for wait time estimates.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/6875-current-ltch-wait-1021.html

Well I better sneak another post in here to thank you for the reply! Fingerprints scheduled and on with the lifetime LTCH, now back to lurking until 2021, don't want the ole post count getting too high on me!

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I let my permit laps and now I am renewing/reapplying, I have filled out the online app and set up my L1 appointment, and last I will have to go to a police station, I recently moved to Larwill from Fort Wayne, does anyone know what police station I need to go to or can I go to one in Fort Wayne even though its a different county?

Last edited:

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I let my permit laps and now I am renewing/reapplying, I have filled out the online app and set up my L1 appointment, and last I will have to go to a police station, I recently moved to Larwill from Fort Wayne, does anyone know what police station I need to go to or can I go to one in Fort Wayne even though its a different county?
    If Larwill doesn’t have a Police Department you will need to go to the Whitley County Sheriff Department. Before doing so you will also need to update your drivers license/state ID with your new address.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I updated all my information today, larwill does not have a police station but pierceton does and its very close to me, will a local municipality not work? Does it have to be the sheriff's department?

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I updated all my information today, larwill does not have a police station but pierceton does and its very close to me, will a local municipality not work? Does it have to be the sheriff's department?
    The local agency is whatever agency services the area where you live. For instance if you live within a municipality with a police department, that PD is your local agency. If you live outside of the city limits or within a town without a law enforcement agency your sheriff department is considered your local agency for the application process. What agency will come to your house if you needed law enforcement? You can always call the non-emergency number and ask.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    The local agency is whatever agency services the area where you live. For instance if you live within a municipality with a police department, that PD is your local agency. If you live outside of the city limits or within a town without a law enforcement agency your sheriff department is considered your local agency for the application process. What agency will come to your house if you needed law enforcement? You can always call the non-emergency number and ask.

Thats a great idea, thank you

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Coming up on first renewal next year. Does renewal include re-fingerprinting and redoing the local agency form, or are those reused? There were also some changes in the works to the duration and fee for the non-lifetime permit, has any of that changed for 2020?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just submitted for a new card (Optional- Just check the NO box if you don't want to). Did it due to address change. Signed in with old email and then reset password. You can see your app. # after you reset and go to your information.
    No muss no fuss no visits to local LEO.
    FYI, make sure you have your new drivers license before attempting.

Bob

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Anybody have a phone # or contact info to talk to a human? I updated my address before applying for a duplicate but it seems they screwed it up. The site doesn't allow me to update the address now either.

Bob

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody have a phone # or contact info to talk to a human? I updated my address before applying for a duplicate but it seems they screwed it up. The site doesn't allow me to update the address now either.

Bob

I received a response fairly quickly when I emailed
    firearmsquestions@isp.in.gov

about the status of my address change and new license.

I just emailed them again as it has been about 3 weeks since I last checked and while my info has been updated in the portal when I log in, it still shows in progress and my updated license has not arrived as yet.

Been about a month since I initially submitted. Anyone have any recent experience with an address change and new card request to say how long it has been taking to process these days?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My wife and I decided to upgrade our soon to be expired 4 year LTCH to a Lifetime License. We got fingerprinted and did the local police background check on Friday December 27th. We had our new cards in our mailbox on Thursday Jan 2nd. That takes in account a weekend (the 28th & 29th) and New Years Eve & Day. That was super fast! Very impressed & pleased by the quick turnaround on the Lifetime License!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I received a response fairly quickly when I emailed
    firearmsquestions@isp.in.gov

about the status of my address change and new license.

I just emailed them again as it has been about 3 weeks since I last checked and while my info has been updated in the portal when I log in, it still shows in progress and my updated license has not arrived as yet.

Been about a month since I initially submitted. Anyone have any recent experience with an address change and new card request to say how long it has been taking to process these days?

Got an email on Saturday indicating my duplicate request/address change had been approved. I'm assuming card will be in the mail shortly.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got an email on Saturday indicating my duplicate request/address change had been approved. I'm assuming card will be in the mail shortly.

And got my duplicate card with address change just this week.

• 4-Dec-2019: App with change of address and requesting a duplicate card submitted online
    • 8-Jan-2019: Rcvd new card in mail with new address

zxc789

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    indiana
    I have a question. I have a current lifetime permit and am trying to get a hard card. I began to fill out the online form, but came to the part where it asks for the expiration date of the current permit. Since it"s a lifetime permit there is no expiration date. It appears that I must put something in there to continue with the application. Any ideas? Did I do something incorrect?

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I think.. it's been a long time since I did it, you just wanted to apply for a replacement card, not go through the whole process of renewing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom