• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    My setup is portable, it all fits in a large tackle box.
    11wc1sy.jpg

Usually, this is the table I work at, since adding a powder charger...
    2qsuyx0.jpg

I slowly purchase gear as finances allow. Like a tumbler for cleaning my own brass a few months ago, and I now have a turret press I plan to make a stand for "ala chezuki." Someday, I may have an actual room or area for a permanent setup. Until then, I'm fine with my "limited space" tools. Many thanks to the Ingoers who walked me through my start!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    1m80Jy4.jpg

The wife and I spent a weekend building the bench and a fellow ingo member gave me the cabinets on Saturday. I do plan on putting a better light under the bench so I can see my labeled brass buckets better. I have around $150 in the bench and have plenty of room around the presses.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The wife and I spent a weekend building the bench and a fellow ingo member gave me the cabinets on Saturday. I do plan on putting a better light under the bench so I can see my labeled brass buckets better. I have around $150 in the bench and have plenty of room around the presses.

Looks great! Way too clean however... go mess it up!!! :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Looks great! Way too clean however... go mess it up!!! :):

Should of seen how I did things before this build. I really wished I had taken a before pic of the garage but I was already half way through with the cleaning when I realized it. I had random furniture re-purposed to hold presses which also collected tools and other random parts.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    1m80Jy4.jpg

Nice set up! That bench looks really sturdy. :yesway:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Nice set up! That bench looks really sturdy. :yesway:

Yeah we did over build a bit. I modified this guys design a bit for my tastes. How to Build a Sturdy Workbench Inexpensively: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

I used 2x6's instead of 2x4's for the bottom sides of the frame and used 2 additional 2 x6's inside the bottom of the frame to support the bottom shelf boards and add stability to prevent rocking and give me a shelf height of roughly 6.5 in. I also modified the top of the frame as seen in these photos which can explain it better than I.
    7V7L7HE.jpg

6Il5RUm.jpg

Aj8psRu.jpg

I do plan on adding 2 4ft led shop lights under the bench and a section of board on the bottom front of the bench to prevent stuff from rolling under the bench.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    since i'm having a lazy sunday, havent done much except take the wife out for breakfast this morning, and cut my grass late morning, i decided to get my reloading room a little more organized, and make some room for some of my "stuff"

i added some additional deeper shelves to load loaded ammo, and a few boxes i keep loose 22LR ammo and magazines stored in. once i had all the ammo moved, i decided to move the gun rack back into the room.
    the rack is a sentimental piece that belonged to my dad, and held his only 2 guns, remington 870 20g and his marlin 99 22LR.

the cabinet in the corner was left by the previous owner, it's an old "HI-FI" cabinet. i store my powder and primers in it. toolbox on top is a vintage PLVMB i keep most of my machinist tools in.

just sitting here having a beer and thinking about my dad :(

:cheers:

Top Bottom