• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    Dang. Love the Evo! How's it working for you?

Definitely has some teething problems. But MK7 is addressing everything. Notice I'm using a hornady powder measure! I sent the MK7 back to fix inconsistent throws.

There is a lot I do like. The case feeding, swaging, priming, and indexing is all really nice and solid!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    been trying to spend some more time in my room finally got most of the mess cleaned up.
    built a new vertical gun rack to hold a couple guns a few weeks ago, salvaged some kinda dish/plate rack to hold 2 pistols, hung up both my competition belts, made some space for both the shooting/gear buggies, and made a little holder for by primer tubes.

even got around to loading 500 rounds of 45acp. now just waiting for my 3000 rd bullet order
    :cheers:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The T-Tracks are there to provide flexibility and quick change capability.
    Mine are the heavy duty track that supports 3/8" hex-head bolts.

I can throw my press on one end, my vice on the other, and still put other tools/clamps in the center.

Some "ideas" came from here but I modified track locations and number of tracks to better suit my requirements.
    https://youtu.be/9hgmeIh75nk?t=280
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4hrNT-sZl8

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    between work, shooting 5 or 6 matches a month, and the (seemingly never ending) "honey-do" list I havnt had much time to get anything done. made a modification to my SDB primer catcher, and spent part of a rainy sunday building a new working table in my reloading room.
    all scrap lumber and an old office chair I had laying around..

:cheers:

Longshot308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Westfield, In
    I put each one of my reloading presses on 3/4" plywood squares. My wooden benches had predrilled holes equally spaced. Made the plywood with matching holes. Used 1/2" bolts. Frees up bench top. Adapted for 3 Dillon presses-550, 650 with Strong mounts, a Super 1050. and two Ponsness Warren Shotgun presses. When not in use, they are under the bench or on a shelf.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The frame is all red oak and the top is butcher block birch. Solid and heavy as hell. It does not even wiggle when I run .300 blk through the press!

as for vision...I am the same way, I wanted to be able to see what is under there.
    I mounted one of these under the top where it meets the front cross-support:
    https://www.menards.com/main/lighti...1472133557086.htm?searchTermToProduct=3481431

It is angled back to shine at ~45 degrees from vertical. Considering I got the light on sale (50% off)...one of the best features on the bench.
    There is not much I would change if I had to do it all again...no regrets.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    0CFA15ED-C81A-4FCC-8518-B88F5356C276.jpg

Please ignore the mess, I just got these mounted back to the bench. Thanks to INGO I sold my two square deals and purchased a lightly used 550b. Dillon was great about helping me get the parts to convert one of my SDB strong mounts to the 550. I also purchased parts to convert the press into a BL560 so I can learn to load rifle and use the press to prep brass. Fast forward a few weeks, completely by accident I came across a guy looking to sell an older 550. It was rough from sitting in storage. I sent this press back to Dillon to get it cleaned up and to my surprise less then 2 weeks later a completely refurbished 550c showed up at the door! So now I have a press to prep brass, work up loads and learn to load rifle AND a press to load 9mm and .45 ACP. The only fallout is Mrs. VERT is mad!!! I didn’t ask permission before purchasing and to be fair I didn’t plan any of this. But I am excited to have the flexibility to load new cartridges and share parts between the presses.

Attachments

• 23050310-12F8-47FB-B718-A8FEEE1513FE.jpg
      23050310-12F8-47FB-B718-A8FEEE1513FE.jpg
      125.3 KB · Views: 54

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    Finally got my 1st reloading room mostly set up. I built the bench out of scrap wood and a new 3/4" sheet of plywood. Got several layers of urethane on the top, nice and smooth. Bin rail should be here soon so I can get those mounted. I have everything to load 9mm and 40 S&W, more to come I'm sure. I have been tinkering with this press trying to get it dialed in without hiccups. It has been a bit of a challenge but I'm pushing through. Today I loaded my 1st 20 rounds of 9mm and will shoot them tomorrow to see how they turned out. Wanted to say thanks to those here who have been answering my questions and thanks in advance to the many more I'm sure I'll have.

View attachment 80124

Top Bottom