• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Peaceable assembly does not include blocking roads. My comments are in blue.

INDIANAPOLIS — IMPD officers shut down Lafayette Road between 16th street and Cold Spring Road for close to two hours Saturday night as they removed protestors from the roadway.

IMPD said officers responded to an event center in the 1700 block of Lafayette just after 5 p.m. A group of individuals was protesting the evening and were asked to leave.

Blocking traffic, this is a busy area, not good.

Police said the group went into the roadway and was blocking traffic.

Peaceable assembly does not include jumping on vehicles (that aren't yours anyway.)

At one point a vehicle drove close to the protestors and several people began jumping on vehicles, according to a police spokesperson.

Uh, what? How many people have heard of Eritrea? How many know where it is? I do, it's next to Djibouti.

Pictures from the scene show a large group of people holding signs and flags. One sign appears to read “Regime Change in Eritrea.”

Again, what? Eritrean dictatorship is counter-protesting? I'm so confused! Why are they at 16th and Lafayette blocking traffic?

A witness told our crew on scene the group is protesting the Eritrean dictatorship and supporters of the current government came to disrupt the event.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Idiots will do idiot things.. these "people " who always are so concerned about the well being of other lives in other countries should put their money where their mouth is. Go be missionaries or join green peace. Just get out

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had never heard of Eritrea and now having looked at some facts, I wish I'd not heard of it. Why would anyone protest in favor of their dictator? Nine official languages! One of the poorest countries in the world! Religious persecution! That is just a sampling!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    “Why are you in the hospital”?

“I got hit by a car because i was standing in the middle of the road, protesting a dictatorship somewhere that isnt going to change because a few people in indi-****ing-ana was blocking a road”

That would be like me protesting gas prices in kazakhistan. Do they care? No. Will it change? No. Have i risked my life and pissed off my neighbors to do it. Yup.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Import third worlders, get third world politics and behavior.

Native born Americans don't give a crap about Eritrea, and can't even find it on a map. I went to politics school and I can't even find it on a map. I think it's somewhere in West Africa near Liberia and Sierra Leone and the other least relevant countries on the planet? Maybe?

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    “A witness told our crew on scene the group is protesting the Eritrean dictatorship and supporters of the current government came to disrupt the event.”

I’m going to say no.
    From what I hear it started off stupid.
    These people were jumping in and out of traffic from the start.
    Looks like the news is facilitating their cause?

So they basically started causing trouble when opposition came.
    I’m gonna call BS on that.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Important third worlders, get third world politics and behavior.

Native born Americans don't give a crap about Eritrea, and can't even find it on a map. I went to politics school and I can't even find it on a map. I think it's somewhere in West Africa near Liberia and Sierra Leone and the other least relevant countries on the planet? Maybe?
    Next to Djibouti and Somalia in the Horn of Africa. Not a great neighborhood...

Top Bottom