• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There is something wrong. I heard that some Indiana guys were making pretty good bullets. Even though I was happy with MasterCast, I figured I would help the local guys out. Heaven knows, Indiana businesses have had a tough time.

I contacted them on NOV 20 with my order and they responded right away, So I mailed a check for $120.38

Checking with the bank it cleared both their bank and mine by NOV 27

I emailed them on the NOV 30, they said they just shipped them. I am fine with that answer

DEC 6th, I still don't have bullets, I emailed, they said they would get back to me tomorrow. OK, I am patient

DEC 10, Guys, I need either bullets or money back. They said the order must be lost and they would reship. Sounds reasonable to me, fine.

DEC 16. Guys, what's the story? I need to hear from you. No response

Dec 19. Guys, quit fooling around, I need a refund, please let me know.
    No response

The USPS, UPS and FedEX all made deliveries to my house today, DEC 20
    NO Bullets or refund, still no response.

Does anyone know these guys? Did their house burn down or did they have a death in the family? 30 days to get a package from the same state is not really right. I understand the problems of a small business. I shipped 1/4 million pieces of brass in 2011 and only two packages were lost in shipping. I reshipped the same day and my customers were happy within 5 days.

If they said that they had some problem, like their equipment is broken or something, I can understand. To keep blowing me off, that is not OK.

In the mean time I ordered 2000 bullets from Missouri on DEC 10th. They already made it to my house.

I heard other INGO guys that picked them up in person from Andrew were happy with IBC bullets. I guess I'll never know if I like them or not.

I have made a lot of donations to charities this Christmas, but I didn't intend to Donate $120 to a small business in Whiteland, IN

Problems and mistakes happen. Blowing off a guy after you take his money is not the kind of business reputation that is desireable.

I do not want to see anyone else burned.

If they step up and fix it, I'll repost.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Yikes. I was LITERALLY about to place an order with them. I think I'll refrain until we get to the bottom of this. Thanks for the heads up, Leo.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    When I noted that their website was very poorly designed and had a lot of inconsistencies, it made me leery of doing business with them. Hopefully they will get the message and do right by you, although at this point it sounds like they have lost what would have been a pretty valuable customer. :)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I had the same experience with them back in November. Ordered on November 7 and they promptly took my money. No word from them for 2 weeks. Emailed 2 twice no response.

Called and got through. They gave me the same story, "we showed it shipped but it must have gotten lost so we will reship it" this was on the Monday before Thanksgiving so I was told it would be Friday before they could get it to the post office because of the Holiday but it would go out on Friday. They did finally ship it the following Wednesday. No more dealing with Indiana Bullet Co. for me, I'll go back to Mo, Bullet Co. Order and it's on your door step with in 3 to 4 days. if it's in stock.

So to make a long story short it took several emails, a phone call and waiting about a month to get my bullets that they charged me for at the time of ordering. It appears you're not the only one.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I only buy about 1500 to 2000 pistol bullets a month in the winter and about 1/2 that in the summer. I just wanted to help Indiana small business. I have always done this. I do not mind paying an extra $30-40 for a firearm if it is from a local shop rather than some internet warehouse. I think if IBC would treat people right, there exists a big customer base right on this site. Maybe they already have more business than they want.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I only buy about 1500 to 2000 pistol bullets a month in the winter and about 1/2 that in the summer. I just wanted to help Indiana small business. I have always done this. I do not mind paying an extra $30-40 for a firearm if it is from a local shop rather than some internet warehouse. I think if IBC would treat people right, there exists a big customer base right on this site. Maybe they already have more business than they want.

I agree, it's too bad because I, like you, like to support local business. It would have been ok if they would have been up front and said they lost my order or were so swamped with business that is was taking a long time to fill orders. That would have been fine with me, a new business doing better than they expected that they couldn't keep up.

What isn't fine? Well, I didn't buy the line that my order got lost in shipping and your post just enforces that belief.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with IBC. I carry their bullets and have most calibers and weights in stock all the time. If you're looking for a local shop to order local products, I'm happy to help. And I can ship as well, same day.

Thank you for being willing to support local businesses.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just got am Email from David at IBC. He said he is sorry they dropped the ball and have shipped my order and a refund this morning. He was pretty specific admiting it was wrong and was assuring that they would be better in the future. I believe he was sincere and I accept the apology. I wish him and his a happy and prosperous new year.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Cant knock a business that admits it screwed up and made it more than right. Myself, as soon as that "refund" arrived with the order, I would send them a check for the same amount. I dont believe I would willingly take a large order like that for free. You may need that business months or a year down the road and they need to stay in business for that to happen.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Leo, Glad it worked out for you. Me, I may give them another try in the future when they work out the kinks of their business but I still feel they were not honest with me in what happened with my order, (that very well could just be me since I deal with the untrustworthy among us everyday. It's tainted my view a bit). Sounds like they are stepping up and making it right which is a positive sign.

Let's hope both of our experence with them is just the growing pains of a new business because they do make a decent bullet.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I just got am Email from David at IBC. He said he is sorry they dropped the ball and have shipped my order and a refund this morning. He was pretty specific admiting it was wrong and was assuring that they would be better in the future. I believe he was sincere and I accept the apology. I wish him and his a happy and prosperous new year.

Sounds like he stepped up to the plate!

Any chance of you attempting to "refuse" the refund? All be it late, you ARE getting your product... Just curious.

(I think I'd still want to pay for it if it were me)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm glad this turned out okay! I was getting worried. I emailed them (both guys) once with a question and never got a reply, however I did get my question answered over the phone. I've only bought from them once at the last Tri-State show out at Stout Field and am happy with their product (although I wish they also made copper plated bullets - they said they are looking at vendors to supply them eventually). They're literally right around the corner from me (Southside Indy, not Whiteland, if the address I have is correct), so I was looking forward to doing business with them either directly or through Profire.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have purchased directly from them in person. I do live 15 blocks away. They are based in whiteland. I do not do many things in a hurry so I do not remember how long it was last time I ordered. But since I pick up I pay when I get them. Nice guy with a very small business trying to grow it. I am not justifying just saying. I am glad he made it right because I like his product and the no shipping.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have purchased directly from them in person. I do live 15 blocks away. They are based in whiteland. I do not do many things in a hurry so I do not remember how long it was last time I ordered. But since I pick up I pay when I get them. Nice guy with a very small business trying to grow it. I am not justifying just saying. I am glad he made it right because I like his product and the no shipping.
    So they ARE in Whiteland? The address on their website says S. Madison Ave. in Indianapolis... :dunno:

bigmich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    We do all the casting in whiteland u can pick up at the Madison address but it is a lawn mower shop that me and my dad own also I am sorry to anyone that has had a delay in shipping we are working has fast has we can to increase are molds so we can run everything on are automated equipment

Again sorry for delay

Thanks Mitch
    Indiana bullet co

Top Bottom