• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lol now this i gotta hear
    INNG, in uniform no less, came to Lafayette, parked in my parking spaces demarcated No Trespassing and purple stripes.

I protested to the appropriate channels, cause you know, they are mine as I wrote the checks. I chewed them out, used command voice, but never touched their property.

I hope action is taken. Wait and see.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Subjects don’t own property……
    If so, and I agree, then we are all subjects since we can never own our property as long as we are forced to pay property taxes. In that scenario, since we pay property taxes hence renting our land and homes from the state, no wonder they think they have the right to enter our property without warrant.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    If so, and I agree, then we are all subjects since we can never own our property as long as we are forced to pay property taxes. In that scenario, since we pay property taxes hence renting our land and homes from the state, no wonder they think they have the right to enter our property without warrant.
    Property taxes (as far as I know) is the only legal means of making you pay taxes on unrealized gains…… it is so patently unfair that it amazes me every time I ponder the existence of current property taxation.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    INNG, in uniform no less, came to Lafayette, parked in my parking spaces demarcated No Trespassing and purple stripes.

I protested to the appropriate channels, cause you know, they are mine as I wrote the checks. I chewed them out, used command voice, but never touched their property.

I hope action is taken. Wait and see.
    Good luck. If its a 76th INNG I don't see alot coming

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The stakes are weird...driven into rock...painted orange....and as close to the cliff as they could get...I don't know if the survey before ours was done by GPS but I'd have to imagine ours was.....when you pull it up on the county GIS it looks all discombobulated....the lines and the satellite images don't match...they go over the creek about here instead of to the road...then some seem to go on the road....there's a stake just in front of me in this pic....
    Don’t trust the GIS pictures on a county website, google earth, or even subscription services like LandGlide or OnX.
    I do a lot of research using the pictures, and they’re close, but not close enough to trust you’re cutting “your” tree down or whatever.

I have sub-centimeter or at least centimeter accuracy gps and my surveys many times won’t line up with the pictured property lines and roads. Close, but not close enough.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Don’t trust the GIS pictures on a county website, google earth, or even subscription services like LandGlide or OnX.
    I do a lot of research using the pictures, and they’re close, but not close enough to trust you’re cutting “your” tree down or whatever.

I have sub-centimeter or at least centimeter accuracy gps and my surveys many times won’t line up with the pictured property lines and roads. Close, but not close enough.
    Curious, where to you get a sub centimeter gps?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Thanks for the info....

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The stakes are weird...driven into rock...painted orange....and as close to the cliff as they could get...I don't know if the survey before ours was done by GPS but I'd have to imagine ours was.....when you pull it up on the county GIS it looks all discombobulated....the lines and the satellite images don't match...they go over the creek about here instead of to the road...then some seem to go on the road....there's a stake just in front of me in this pic....

GIS aerials never take the place of a staked survey. I have seen many instances where the GIS data was very, very wrong. I recall one instance where it showed a property line running through the middle of a pool, Further investigation showed the GIS data 75'ish feet incorrect.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Curious, where to you get a sub centimeter gps?
    Trimble, Topcon are the two I’m familiar with.
    You never see lasers set up on big construction sites any more. Everything is ran gps, because it’s more accurate than a laser, day in and day out.

I use a base station that georeferences a known point and sort of triangulates through a radio signal the exact position of the piece of equipment. In other words, the piece of equipment (bulldozer, whatever) has a 2 or three foot accuracy by itself, and when triangulated with a base it’s centimeter, including the z axis (elevation) which is usually 3 times more error than x y on an uncorrected system.

Those base stations run about 25k. There are much cheaper options now with the Indiana Cors https://incors.in.gov/ that are more convenient but slightly less accurate. I think the signal is free over a cell connection.

You have to have the equipment to interpret that better signal as well. My basic monitor might cost 5k, but the unlock codes to interpret and use the accurate gps might be another 5-10k.

So, not readily accessible for casual use, but that’s where.

I’m sure that’s more than anyone wanted to know, but there you go.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    GIS aerials never take the place of a staked survey. I have seen many instances where the GIS data was very, very wrong. I recall one instance where it showed a property line running through the middle of a pool, Further investigation showed the GIS data 75'ish feet incorrect.
    Here’s one in my neighborhood that’s 120’ off, and it’s off that much across almost the whole mile block.
    IMG_7029.png

Top Bottom