• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Going through this now, and I put up signs AND purple.

I am having words with the IG at Stout Field and my Prosecuting Attorney. If I am to eschew self-help remedies, it would be nice if .gov would recognize my property rights as the law does.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont you love how things are things when its convenient, but not when it isnt?
    Its your property for Castle Doctrine, but not when .gov wants to enter it to poke around without a warrant.
    Its a person in the womb when killed by a drunk driver, but not when mom doesnt want it anymore. (And no, we are not going to discuss that topic. This is just another example of double standards)

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    We have moved so far from the govt working for us….. honestly not much difference in many cases from the subjects of yesteryear, before we became citizens instead of subjects. Except they had the balls to say “no more”.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The ol Turtle police love coming on your land without warrant or probable cause.

DNR sends me a letter with a heads up...they check our land every five years to make sure it's still "designated forest" for our tax break....we've got some "filmy fern" on the property in two of the rock shelters...kind of rare in Indiana normally but there a bit around us...

Attachments

• DSCN0121.JPG
      DSCN0121.JPG
      567.5 KB · Views: 35
    • DSCN0126.JPG
      DSCN0126.JPG
      640.5 KB · Views: 35

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    DNR sends me a letter with a heads up...they check our land every five years to make sure it's still "designated forest" for our tax break....we've got some "filmy fern" on the property in two of the rock shelters...kind of rare in Indiana normally but there a bit around us...
    We have a local c.o that likes to go through gates and go into barns. Trail cam pics to prove. It. When my uncle ran into he asked him why he was back there. The c.o said "cause I've never been there". Infuriating. He had to go through a shut gate and drive down a long private road. And then had stones to go into the barn

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We have a local c.o that likes to go through gates and go into barns. Trail cam pics to prove. It. When my uncle ran into he asked him why he was back there. The c.o said "cause I've never been there". Infuriating. He had to go through a shut gate and drive down a long private road. And then had stones to go into the barn

Ours butts up to Hoosier National....I've heard similar stories...even the frednearl bunny dude will do that there....excuse being they thought they were on frednearl land....the boundaries and surveys around there are kind of hinky...I know of a dude that had a legal fight with them when he cut down trees on HIS land...lasted a couple of years...they said his survey was bad...had to get three more surveys done...all showing he had, in fact, cut trees on his own land....I am sketchy on the details but that's about as well as I remember it....we just leave the woods alone...in this pic we supposedly own to the cliff...Fred's above....

I mean how do you even survey that???

Attachments

• DSCN0088.JPG
      DSCN0088.JPG
      778.9 KB · Views: 31

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ours butts up to Hoosier National....I've heard similar stories...even the frednearl bunny dude will do that there....excuse being they thought they were on frednearl land....the boundaries and surveys around there are kind of hinky...I know of a dude that had a legal fight with them when he cut down trees on HIS land...lasted a couple of years...they said his survey was bad...had to get three more surveys done...all showing he had, in fact, cut trees on his own land....I am sketchy on the details but that's about as well as I remember it....we just leave the woods alone...in this pic we supposedly own to the cliff...Fred's above....

I mean how do you even survey that???
    GPS

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The stakes are weird...driven into rock...painted orange....and as close to the cliff as they could get...I don't know if the survey before ours was done by GPS but I'd have to imagine ours was.....when you pull it up on the county GIS it looks all discombobulated....the lines and the satellite images don't match...they go over the creek about here instead of to the road...then some seem to go on the road....there's a stake just in front of me in this pic....

Attachments

• DSCN0095.JPG
      DSCN0095.JPG
      646.4 KB · Views: 24
    • DSCN0085.JPG
      DSCN0085.JPG
      580.2 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Do your stakes jibe with the county GIS map???? Ours are just painted orange iirc...
    Ive never checked. I did it just to find out where the four corners really were.The property goes county rd to county road in a sorta square.
    Two of the corners are on the outside of the road by quite a bit. lol

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Do your stakes jibe with the county GIS map???? Ours are just painted orange iirc...
    My stakes are old and rusty (but still there) from the last staked survey in 1986.

Thankfully they match the GIS, since we couldn't get a surveyor out before we closed on the property. I painted the top 4" of each stake with safety yellow paint so we can easily see them.

Top Bottom