Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly right, I’d feel pretty confident beating COVID if

1 had a military air wing or take me to and from the hospital
    2 a hospital staffed by dozens of the best doctors at my beck and call.
    3 access to any of the drug necessary
    4 a trip around the hospital to sight see for fun
    5 a fully equipped hospital unit at my residence with doctors on call around the clock

6 and the best part absolutely no out of pocket cost at all.

i don’t so I’ll be wearing my mask thank you very much

RHIP.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Well. Now hold on a minute. He’s the ****ing POTUS. HE has the best treatments available. Not everyone can afford to be pumped full of remdesivir. Not everyone can have a team of a dozen top doctors putting forth all efforts to ensure every decision is the right one. I mean. I’m not saying we need to fear it. Respect it, sure. But Trump is acting like everyone should have the same outcome as him. That’s just not true. No one has better healthcare than the POTUS. The cost of his treatment would wipe out the life savings of most people.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

New-CDC-IFR.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I knew 8 people that have died. One in his 30’s. Most in good health.

Sorry to hear that.
    The 1st noted death in Indiana was a really good lady that I grew up with. Thing is she was on deaths door so it was not a stretch that she was taken. Sad but foreseeable.

Were any of your friend obese/brittle diabetic...????

Both my Drs say that is the high risk factors. Also age. 60+ is a mile stone.

Here's the thing, I am 70. A cancer survivor with an immune system that has taken way to much abuse and is hurt plus I am on the cusp diabetic. Not insulin taker but diet and oral meds. According to the CDC I am dead. But no one has told me yet. Go figure.

I am in no way making light on your loss. No way. It is never easy or fair to loose someone let alone a number of someone's.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Not surprised he's up and about this quickly.

Last month my 95 yr old grandmother had it, was tired and under the weather for about a week. Caught it from a worker at her old lady sorority house. Two weeks later my mostly healthy brother and SIL (with Lupus) and both their kids had it for about a 5-7 day run with a variety of symptoms. All are on the mend and doing well. It's a genetic lottery on who has the terrible run of it and those that are just a few days and done. It seems like people who caught it earlier in the pandemic had a harder time of it than those I've heard of recently...surely that cannot mean that our health system is learning from experience...ya know, rather than sending people home to struggle through???

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well. Now hold on a minute. He’s the ****ing POTUS. HE has the best treatments available. Not everyone can afford to be pumped full of remdesivir. Not everyone can have a team of a dozen top doctors putting forth all efforts to ensure every decision is the right one. I mean. I’m not saying we need to fear it. Respect it, sure. But Trump is acting like everyone should have the same outcome as him. That’s just not true. No one has better healthcare than the POTUS. The cost of his treatment would wipe out the life savings of most people.

that's nonsense. you get admitted and you get treated. this isn't Mexico. we don't make you pay to keep getting emergent inpatient care. a large portion of Americans can't come up with $5k in a pinch. let alone three days in an ICU. that's why we recommend.... INSURANCE :runaway:

medical debt is bankruptable and often impossible to collect anyway

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020...es-new-supplies-remdesivir-united-states.html

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gasping for air after arriving at the White House about an hour ago.

[video=youtube_share;at4WxEe_RbM]https://youtu.be/at4WxEe_RbM[/video]

He took one deep breath. Probably a sigh of exasperation with people like you. Playing that one deep breath over and over again in a video loop does not mean he was "gasping for air". :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not surprised he's up and about this quickly.

Last month my 95 yr old grandmother had it, was tired and under the weather for about a week. Caught it from a worker at her old lady sorority house. Two weeks later my mostly healthy brother and SIL (with Lupus) and both their kids had it for about a 5-7 day run with a variety of symptoms. All are on the mend and doing well. It's a genetic lottery on who has the terrible run of it and those that are just a few days and done. It seems like people who caught it earlier in the pandemic had a harder time of it than those I've heard of recently...surely that cannot mean that our health system is learning from experience...ya know, rather than sending people home to struggle through???
    It’s not just that our immune system is learning from experience, but also that as the virus spreads through society, it gets weakened. Also, I’ve read that they’ve found some mutations where the mutated form is actually more contagious than the original, but much more mild in symptoms. So it also depends which strain you get. It’s harder to get the original strain, but if you do get it, it’s much more dangerous. And then you’re a little more likely to get the weaker one, but the symptoms are milder.

For those who are making judgments about how the virus impacts society, based on how it’s impacted you personally, I think you all need to consider that yours is just one possible outcome out of all the outcomes we’ve seen across society. And that it’s the aggregate that serves the bigger picture that represents reality. That the virus tends to have a more dire outcome for the elderly and people with certain health problems is not a hard rule. Healthy people have had problems too. And just because you have health problems, doesn’t mean covid will kill you. You’re just at higher risk than those who are healthy.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Can anyone explain. The car ride around the hospital? He's got the virus so in his wisdom he locks 2 sercet service men in the car with him to go for drive? So much for quarantine.

It's okay. They put a black lives matter bumper sticker on the vehicle so the Wuhan coronavirus wouldn't spread.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Can anyone explain. The car ride around the hospital? He's got the virus so in his wisdom he locks 2 sercet service men in the car with him to go for drive? So much for quarantine.

How is it any different than the Secret Service agents who were by his side at the White House before he was taken to Walter Reed? Or the agents and staff who where in the room with him when he filmed a video update from the White House? Or the agents and staff who flew with him on Marine One when he was taken to Walter Reed? Or the agents who were by his side at the hospital?

What is it about the SUV ride that was so much more risky than the potential exposure in all of those other instances?

Do you think it may have had something to do with the fact that Trump's staff didn't tell the White House press pool they were going for a ride, so reporters weren't able to tag along?

No, that couldn't possibly be it, right? Because if Trump was so contagious, and exposure was so risky, they wouldn't have wanted to be near him, right?

The White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA) on Sunday blasted President Trump's brief foray out of his hospital room to wave to supporters from an SUV, calling it "outrageous" and criticizing the lack of transparency around the photo op.

"It is outrageous for the president to have left the hospital - even briefly - amid a health crisis without a protective pool present to ensure that the American people know where their president is and how he is doing," WHCA President Zeke Miller said in a statement. "Now more than ever, the American public deserves independent coverage of the president so they can be reliably informed about his health."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...on-outrageous-for-trump-to-leave-hospital?amp

:rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He's still sick. It remains to be seen how sick he is. He's juiced up on steroids and feeling great...but I think that is the steroids talking. He needs rest and whatever additional protocols the docs recommend. No need to push it. He's in his 70's and if he wants to make it to 80, he needs to be careful.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He's still sick. It remains to be seen how sick he is. He's juiced up on steroids and feeling great...but I think that is the steroids talking. He needs rest and whatever additional protocols the docs recommend. No need to push it. He's in his 70's and if he wants to make it to 80, he needs to be careful.

I've been prescribed the type of steroids he's on for bronchitis and I never felt "juiced up" by any stretch of the imagination. It's basically an anti-inflammatory, not the type that will have you setting home run records in MLB.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Saying he feels better than he has in 20 years....so, that is either an exaggeration, or it's real.

You choose.

In any event, you don't recover from a virus in 3 days. Not this one. IANADBIDSIAHIOT

Top Bottom