• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do to you think President Trump stands?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There were significant disagreements with the NIE within the intelligence community, so I would have softened your observation a bit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-iraq-wrong-or-hyped-by-the-bush-white-house/

This is very true. There was a HUGE propaganda push from that idiot Cheney. He heard what he wanted to hear.

IIRC it was Ahmed Chalabi who pushed the issue of new WMDs in Iraq. The Pentagon swallowed it all, hook line and sinker.

The CIA, on the other hand, refused to back this notion. They wouldn't go against it, but they reminded others that Chalabi had a huge gripe with Saddam Hussein, hated his regime, and wanted power for himself there. Heck, he hadn't even been back to his own country since 1992.

Cheney's office pushed this BS, and as this was before his falling out with Bush, the President accepted it. After the near miss of the largest single resignation of attorneys at DOJ (10 Mar 04) hidden from Bush by Cheney the trust never returned, but by then it was way too late.

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is the weirdest point I keep hearing about Hunter Biden. He definitely does have the qualifications to sit on the Board of Directors of an energy company.

He's a Yale Law School graduate. He was appointed to the Board of Directors of Amtrak by George W. Bush, and he served at the Vice Chairman of that board. Experience serving on the board of a giant company is the best possible qualification for serving on the board of another giant company.

If George W. Bush wasn't corrupt to appoint Hunter Biden to the Amtrak board, why was Bursima Holdings corrupt to appoint the same person--only now with an even better resume--to their board? Are we supposed to hold a private company in Ukraine to a higher standard than the President of the United States?

Hunter Biden was paid just over $32k for 31 months 'service' on the Amtrak board, he made more than that in one month at Burisma. Even allowing for inflation, that stinks. And I find it difficult to believe his less than honorable discharge from the Naval Reserve for skiing on his face increased his value as a corporate board member by a factor of 100

One can only assume you 'see no evil' in the jobs with outsized responsibility (on paper) and salary held by Chelsea Clinton, either. The enduring myth that attending an Ivy makes you somehow more qualified for anything is just that, an enduring myth

If you cannot see if their names were Hunter Smith or Chelsea Jones, and their parents were not powerful politicians, that things likely would have turned out very differently for them all I can say is:

View attachment 82463

Dan35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    NE Indy
    Well, that was quite a ride wasn't it! And now it's all settled.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

time for some baked beans and ham and baked beans and mashed potatoes and baked beans ......
    Then I'll be full of beans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hankles? I've heard of cankles, and I've heard of hackles, so would hankles be hairy cankles? :puke: :):

And Merry Christmas to you Kut! Truly. :)

”Hackles” eh? Well, there goes another saying I’ve been using wrong. And Merry Christmas to you as well.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    hack·le

erectile hairs along the back of a dog or other animal that rise when it is angry or alarmed.
      a long, narrow feather on the neck or saddle of a domestic rooster or other bird.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    hack·le

erectile hairs along the back of a dog or other animal that rise when it is angry or alarmed.
      a long, narrow feather on the neck or saddle of a domestic rooster or other bird.

Well damn, it seems to fit. I may have learned it from the old timers back home. Anyone know what hornswoggle means? I heard that a lot too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well damn, it seems to fit. I may have learned it from the old timers back home. Anyone know what hornswoggle means? I heard that a lot too.

To hornswoggle is to cheat someone. At least that's what I always thought. Somewhat in the manner of a snake oil salesman, to cheat someone with grandiose claims, or by taking advantage of ignorance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To hornswoggle is to cheat someone. At least that's what I always thought. Somewhat in the manner of a snake oil salesman, to cheat someone with grandiose claims, or by taking advantage of ignorance.

I think so. I’ve always thought it meant to cheat/con or fool someone into doing something that’s not in their best interest.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    horn·swog·gle

• get the better of (someone) by cheating or deception.
      "you mean to say you were hornswoggled?"

Top Bottom